Photo

Siphoning Cars For Fuel?

Siphon Siphoning Car Cars Fuel Hose Can Cans Hoses

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Lucio 1995

Lucio 1995
  • 45 posts

I had this idea when Glenn from The Walking Dead when he said he was going on that mission on the Hotel.

How about being able to siphon fuel out of cars? To do it, you would need a "Siphoning Kit" (Hose, Empty Can/Bottle/Small Can) taking a spot in Active Gear, more time than normal to do it (Fuel coming out of a hose would take some time, right?) and to be defended while doing so.

Why? More variation in ways to get fuel and it would be more realistic than to find Cans of fuel just lying around. So the Fuel drop rate should be lowered in my opinion, to balance it.

EDIT: Another idea, the Siphoning Kit would have Empty Bottle, Empty Small Can or Empty Can versions, where each one, respectively, would take less time to siphon, but would give less fuel in exchange.

Edited by Lucio 1995, 21 April 2013 - 01:44 AM.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

No, Con already gave us a fuel generator and then you're asking for more?

Benfrog8

Benfrog8
  • 10 posts

I think that is a good idea because it makes the game more realistic.

MokeleMbembe

MokeleMbembe
  • 29 posts

Well to be fair, he's only suggesting this for the sake of variety and even proposed reducing normal fuel drops to balance it out.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

Well to be fair, he's only suggesting this for the sake of variety and even proposed reducing normal fuel drops to balance it out.

So you want every single vehicle siphoned? Well, that ain't balance anymore. Con reduced the fuel drops because they added a fuel generator, read the update about the fuel generator:
https://getsatisfact...enerator_update

Lucio 1995

Lucio 1995
  • 45 posts

So you want every single vehicle siphoned? Well, that ain't balance anymore. Con reduced the fuel drops because they added a fuel generator, read the update about the fuel generator:

Another idea: Just like normal containers, the cars could have no fuel, or less than the capacity of your Bottle/Small Can/Can of Fuel, thus the siphoning taking less time.

I personally was going to add that i felt bad for Con, making the premium currency obtainable by players, actually being pretty easy to get.

Still, he could reduce the drops even further, i get an average of 10 Fuel per Mission.

Edited by Lucio 1995, 21 April 2013 - 03:31 AM.

MokeleMbembe

MokeleMbembe
  • 29 posts

I don't get what you're trying to get at or what part of my post you're countering.

All I did was point out that the original poster is only suggesting a cosmetic change, just for the sake of variety, i.e. no change in how much fuel you get, just more ways to go about doing it.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

ok its 300+ days into a apocolips and fuel is rare safe to say every vehicle in the dead zone has no fuel in it any more as the first thing people would have started doing is siphoning fuel.

Lucio 1995

Lucio 1995
  • 45 posts

ok its 300+ days into a apocolips and fuel is rare safe to say every vehicle in the dead zone has no fuel in it any more as the first thing people would have started doing is siphoning fuel.

Not really sure how to counter that one.

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

Good idea but yea we have a fuel generator.

ArmorJinjrax

ArmorJinjrax
  • 98 posts

Herc destoryed gas stations and siphoned cars of fuel to prevent survivors escaping, so this is a no go i'm afraid

Edited by ArmorJinjrax, 21 April 2013 - 03:34 PM.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Plausible... what i actually worries me if i accidentally drink the fuel xD

Caliclan

Caliclan
  • 185 posts

If you're going to play this card then how is there still so much guns/ammo/food in the place to be looted? You're argument is invalid sorry.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

did you just bring a topic back from the dead just to complain, about a post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Siphon, Siphoning, Car, Cars, Fuel, Hose, Can, Cans, Hoses