Photo

This Might Be Dumb, But... Parkour.

parkour saving time basic running recon

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

Okay, now i know this might be a stupid, dumb idea... but, who wouldn't say that we need to save time for a mission? 6 mins is the limit, and i thought about it, why can't we have a recon jump over stuff, since he's pretty fast, just add a bit of basic parkour in it... giving the recons ability to be hopping over the sandbags in security, some obstacles in streets, subways, indoor locations, outdoor locations, as long as they can jump over it, who wouldn't? 

You know, i was thinking about it while doing a Highway mission at brooklyn, the scavenger can't hop over the guard rails, and... the infected...you know. 

Now, if you say, "that would be limited to the recon only, and that's quite unfair... but... this is just straight forward. You might even add in some few re-adjustments...

Just ponder over this, and don't be so quick to say something.

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts

I was actualy thinking zombies should be able to slowly climb barricades very slowly if they get too close. lol.

Edited by Stg Jonny, 21 April 2013 - 06:28 AM.

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

The thing I want to do most is to use the tower in the street. I would kill to be able to put a recon up there.

ZackMoody

ZackMoody
  • 67 posts

@Samuel

Sounds awesome, but since it's more of an aesthetic upgrade than a functional one, I doubt Con's Team will prioritize it.

You gave me an idea for a story I'm writing, though. Thanks. XD

Edited by ZackMoody, 21 April 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

it should be also functional, i wish i'd were though, that's why i told you guys, add more implications to it!!! :)

MokeleMbembe

MokeleMbembe
  • 29 posts

That actually does kind of make sense. Being agile and able to navigate shortcuts around the map fits in with the whole reconnaisance thing. As it is now, there are a lot of areas where it *would* be easy to move around from point A to point B if it weren't for all that debris and those piles of sandbag that force you to literally travel around the entire building to get to the other side.

Hell, I think it'd be good if all the classes had unique abilities. As it stands now, the main difference between most of the classes is basically how their stats are distributed. They might perform really well in one area and piss-poor in another, but aside from the medic/leader's healing ability, they all still function the exact same way.

Emnity

Emnity
  • 273 posts

If this were a fully fleshed pc game I could get on board with the idea, but with being a flash game where all units share the same animations and pathing styles it's just not an idea worth prioritizing even for the long term.

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

Good idea but its not really  "parkour" .

killjoy37

killjoy37
  • 20 posts

That actually does kind of make sense. Being agile and able to navigate shortcuts around the map fits in with the whole reconnaisance thing. As it is now, there are a lot of areas where it *would* be easy to move around from point A to point B if it weren't for all that debris and those piles of sandbag that force you to literally travel around the entire building to get to the other side.

Hell, I think it'd be good if all the classes had unique abilities. As it stands now, the main difference between most of the classes is basically how their stats are distributed. They might perform really well in one area and piss-poor in another, but aside from the medic/leader's healing ability, they all still function the exact same way.

I like the idea Samuel, and I like how  MokeleMbembe elaborates on the idea even more.  The recon could have some basic climbing and jumping abilities, the fighter could have some special  firearm capabilities or a melee boost, the medic could have adrenaline that enhances the medic's abilities for a very short window and then cause some negative short-term side effects for balance, the scavenger could have some sort of sleight of hand perk due to their nimble hands required for fast searching, and the engineer could have a homemade grenade that slightly damages but mostly stuns hostiles or throw fireworks for a distraction/ vision obscured.  While I know that many of these ideas will probably be deemed too much time and effort for the gain, I would still like to hear your opinions.      

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

If this were a fully fleshed pc game I could get on board with the idea, but with being a flash game where all units share the same animations and pathing styles it's just not an idea worth prioritizing even for the long term.

This.

Agree with the idea in principal, but probably over-ambitious for a flash game.

You'd have to determine which objects could be jumped over, by which classes etc.  That's a lot of code/animations to work out and have it look right, even for a high-end pc/console game..

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

Good ability for Recons and Lead, maybe Engie too.

but you wanna take note on their carry weight. They can do it a few times, but not everytime.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parkour, saving time, basic, running, recon