Photo

Raiding Etiquette.how To Be A "nice" And "ethical" Raider.

raider nice what? tips

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Sir Radec

Sir Radec
  • 5 posts

*Just so you know,this post is intended sarcasm,and also I slipped some defensive and offensive tips here*

Ah,Fellow raiders,

Blood sucking,lazy bones who are just too lazy to go on missions or just simple raiders to marauders,there is no shame in admitting you are a raider,because you are! Most player,no matter how kind,even Canadians raided at least 5 times.

'Tis a shame however,that not all of us,in fact most of the raiders are just not being nice,

For example,someone already got into one's storage,so loot it.Instead,he spent his time damaging every single structure on the compound,That was not ethical.If you don't need to demolish it,don't,its' a waste of time anyway.He was lucky he didn't encounter traps.

Here a few "nice" and "ethical" guidelines I followed :

1.Never attack someone far superior(it is suicide)

2.Destroy not,what not need destroy.

3.Politely use a ram to destroy barriers,towers etc

4.The scavenger is the last guest to enter,he's a VIP

5.The recon is the first to enter,he likes to spot the party poppers.

6.Medic doesn't like parties,but he enjoy watching from the sidelines.

7.Never attack someone far inferior than you(Go fight someone your own size!)

8.Fireworks are dangerous,don't play with them.

9.Never attack a compound that had no survivors,(seriously?How could you enter a party without the house owner?He should have left some however)

10.Suppression works both ways,however remember that snipers need not to suppress.

11.Watch out for recons with glasses,they can't miss the party.

12.50% is bad,70% is gambling,95% is insecure,Bob the Builder better know what he's doing

13.The housekeeper should put the flag along with the dingdongs and they should point at it.

15.Some raider did not notice I skipped a number.

16.Glutton is your nemesis,and the housekeeper sometime use that as a bait.

17.If his walls and towers look shabby and under repair,might not a bad idea to lend a hand.

18.Redecorating the house depends on your intent.

19.NEVER,bring the guest undress and unfit.

20.If it seemed too easy,it might just be.

21.Never go into party of your clan mate uninvited,nobody likes that.

22.If the housekeeper's previous guest were drunk and trashed the place,don't go the next party,instead,lend a hand.When he's done,then you go.

Go ahead and post your own guidelines,I hope that raiders out there are finally become a marauding gentleman,instead of a blood thirsty and poorly misunderstood Vikings.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,647 posts

ok what happens if they're all M24 weilding tower clusterers (EVERYONE DOES IT, hell even I do it) ?

also

in response to your seizure gif 

Edited by Con, 29 November 2013 - 04:57 AM.
Don't do that.

Sir Radec

Sir Radec
  • 5 posts

MaxSheen, on 29 Nov 2013 - 11:12, said:
ok what happens if they're all M24 weilding tower clusterers (EVERYONE DOES IT, hell even I do it) ?

also

in response to your seizure gif

Yes,the most shameful yet common defensive tactic,be note that M24 fire slowly and cannot be used to suppress,

As I see there's 2 options:

1.Use LMG to suppress every single one of them pesky snipers
2.Counter them with a better sniper(Note that AI sometimes doesn't fire when outside their effective range),be sure to equip your best recon with glass.It helped me counter snipe.

and apologies for the gif,I thought t'was an image.

Edited by Sir Radec, 29 November 2013 - 07:01 AM.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

You do realize there is nothing 'etiquette' about raiding someone when it comes to the hussle and tussle of it. Although, I do half agree that a raid should be as composed much like a gentleman should, there will always be a time when someone has to play it dirty in order to finish their goal.

Either that or they don't care about holding back. All is fair in love and war.

Sir Radec

Sir Radec
  • 5 posts

You do realize there is nothing 'etiquette' about raiding someone when it comes to the hussle and tussle of it. Although, I do half agree that a raid should be as composed much like a gentleman should, there will always be a time when someone has to play it dirty in order to finish their goal.

Either that or they don't care about holding back. All is fair in love and war.

This is sarcasm mate,sure,nothing is nice about raiding,but you don't need to be a prick doing so.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

This is sarcasm mate,sure,nothing is nice about raiding,but you don't need to be a prick doing so.

Oh, I know. I just felt like playing along while acting out my part. No harm done.

Along with that, what if I had to take down three towers bunched together with nothing more but a satchel charge so that I can kill all your survivors, tear down all of your gates, and steal your fuel? Would that make me a prick or a gentleman if that were to happen? (As an example)

Sir Radec

Sir Radec
  • 5 posts

Oh, I know. I just felt like playing along while acting out my part. No harm done.

Along with that, what if I had to take down three towers bunched together with nothing more but a satchel charge so that I can kill all your survivors, tear down all of your gates, and steal your fuel? Would that make me a prick or a gentleman if that were to happen? (As an example)

Well,depends,if you need to do so,do it.If not,don't,waste of time anyway

Sir Radec

Sir Radec
  • 5 posts

Well,depends,if you need to do so,do it.If not,don't,waste of time anyway

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

My current guidelines:

1 - The housekeeper was so rude (and stupid) that he didn't left anyone to welcome guests, even knowing that a lot of freaky creatures are constantly wandering around his house? That's because he wants guests, since they took the time for the long travel, to enjoy themselves trashing the place. 

2 - The house is so badly organized that even poorly dressed guests can easily get inside? A clear message stating that a redecoration is needed needs to be left.

3 - The house keeper is greedy and likes to hide everything inside taking out the fun of guests that are now forced to go knocking at all doors one by one to be able to go inside? Again that's rude and a "redecoration needed" message is left. 

4 - The housekeeper didn't behave himself when visiting others home? He needs to learn to not do it again.

5 - None of above apply, like in the housekeeper made an effort to keep people around and have a decent, fun and fair decoration? Than yes, only what needs to be destroyed is destroyed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raider, nice, what?, tips