Photo

Invalid Building Placement At Every Log In

invalid building placement every log in

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

Recently been chatting with some folks in the raidco thread. they said I'd need to be a FB or AG player. I did have an AG account (detest FB) so I logged in to find my old compound with 2 very demoralized survivors still hanging around.

There were building placement issues at first log in as I expected. It was a couple small barricades. No big deal as i have picked up some tricks in the past couple weeks and considering the account is level 4 everything changes every day anyway. So I moved them and unlocked my control buttons.

logged out, did some real life things (yeah I do that now and then) logged back in to find one of the new structures was invalid in placement. meh... ok i moved it. Played some and got the mats to build some more so i did and logged. just logged back in to find the same thing again...

invalid_placement.jpg

I think the problem this is showing is that possibly the build footprint is different from the completed footprint.

as an experiment the next structure i place will be at the property perimeter or against the building to see if it is the structure footprint or if it is the rubble piles causing the issue. Later in the game it will not an issue if it is just rubble issues but for low level accounts logging in to find your controls locked and a zed warning counting down on you could put some in a panic as well not give them time to move items and feel they again protected themselves. my zed defense is already set for this compound and nothing as far as i can see will affect it since nothing else will be protected ~vs~ zeds. I can move any new items in the wrong location and click bring it on. a player that hasn't figured out how to easily defend ~vs~ zeds like I said will be tasting chair leather and cotton from pucker factor going into overdrive.

Hezm

Hezm
  • 434 posts

Move that dropoff to some other place and then move it back to that place. Also that trashpile may cause it that game doesn't allow you to keep it in that place.

I had same plroblem and it fixed itself ehen i moved my building away and them moved it back so same Place.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

Move that dropoff to some other place and then move it back to that place. Also that trashpile may cause it that game doesn't allow you to keep it in that place.

I had same plroblem and it fixed itself ehen i moved my building away and them moved it back so same Place.

yeah i understand moving it fixes it. what i'm getting at is there is a discrepancy between the build footprint ~vs~ the completed footprint. CAG just did some hard work to correct a bug that was being exploited. It's possible that while one element of a structure was changed, such as it's finished footprint, the other parts were not changed like the footprint for placing the structure to build it.

my example is if i'd built 6 small barricades for a zed defensive bunker and placed them with bad footprint layout, when i log in there will be a message they are in violation and my interface is locked. add to that a lot of times i log in and i have a zed attack immediately. waiting gives 3 minutes. i can move defenses to set up a bunker and assign in 3 minutes. but some new players may panic and not be able to make the structure moves and get their assignments placed in that time. the attack launches before they are ready, just like the warning says the items will be disabled in a raid, so they will be disabled against zeds, the player looses and decides to quit because of a mechanical failure that allowed them to place the item there, then said it was wrong and in their view got them killed.

again this is an example of what can happen but it is getting old even for me when i place a new build foundation right now i try to make a good placement around the junk only to log in next time with a locked screen. the objective is to keep new players long enough for them to have fun and get caught up in the game. not be disappointed and leave.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

No worries, all invalid buildings will stay where they are during a Zed attack :)

They will disappear only when you get raided.

Btw ... you couldn't place buildings close to junk piles before Con made some changes to building placement.

Unfortunately nobody (except Con and his team) knows how many space these junk piles take.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

No worries, all invalid buildings will stay where they are during a Zed attack :)

They will disappear only when you get raided.

Btw ... you couldn't place buildings close to junk piles before Con made some changes to building placement.

Unfortunately nobody (except Con and his team) knows how many space these junk piles take.

Thanks Cherry that's good to know. I think that during the update some foot prints were changed and others not for the same structure being the footprint you get when placing the new structure to be built ~vs~ when it completes. I don't think they line up or have the same dimensions or rules for their dimensions.

additional information: Another building again was placed by what the game considered legitimate during initial placement. once the structure completed it was once again invalid in placement.

placement_bug_001.png

placement_bug_002.png

if you look at your compound the area in question is in the south west corner of your main building. there are two squares when in flat map mode for placing a structure or moving it that are blocked but should be clear. if you look that area of concrete looks like it has a crack but nothing is there. I think where that problem stems from is the removable item (piece of equipment) inside the building in the corner. mine is still there as i have not finished clearing the rubble. I think the rubble/junk footprint is larger than they are supposed to be.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Showing the buffer tiles/footprints of junkpiles would help.

Edited by Zingman, 01 December 2013 - 11:49 PM.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

Update: this is still happening. I cleared a pile of junk in the south east corner of my compound. this left the white piece of equipment still in the same corner. I rearranged some items in the compound moving a bed near the white junk equipment. note that the junk car is still on the outside as well. I then set the bed to upgrading. everything looked fine as I was doing other minor things in the compound. Went to the map to check on my best buddies to see how their gardens were coming along. when i went back into my compound i got the invalid build placement message again. It was the bed in the south east corner that I had set to upgrading. I stopped the upgrade and picked it up. One thing odd I noticed was even after picking it up and moving it around the bed and it's foot print stayed red. even when i moved it to the vacant center it stayed red till i clicked to place it. I then picked it back up and moved it back tot he same area. I can not tell exactly which squares it was sitting on to get the error after going to the map screen.

I think like the suggestion zingman linked above we need to be able to see the footprint and the walk zone of the junk piles.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

Update: I removed the piece of white equipment in what I call the south west corner of my building. I can now place items adjacent to the outside of my compound building at that south west corner now whereas before I could place a new build but get an invalid placement message at screen changes but not move an existing building onto that location as it showed something there when there was nothing visually there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: invalid, building, placement, every, log in