Wheel Of Fortune

wheel of fortune nice dead zone killing new innovation raiding

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

clone

clone
  • 13 posts

hello,

Why not implementing a wheel of fortune. 

It would be a good idea when everyone is able to spin it once a day. Most of the time you will get junk, but sometimes you are able to collect some rares?

See yall

Clone

Edited by clone, 09 December 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

How about no.

Because this isn't one of those annoying facebook games

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,649 posts

Again with this Facebook BS

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

Yay, more lucky draws!

As if the boxes aren't doing enough.

Yuki

Yuki
  • 39 posts

So.. Like most of the Facebook-styled game?

Fuel for the prize?

It's not like there's another way to get some fuel owo

clone

clone
  • 13 posts

Why always those guys with their negative comments? This is not quite encouraging for new people to start a topic about what they would like. NEW PLAYERS ARE ALSO PLAYERS.....

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

Why always those guys with their negative comments? This is not quite encouraging for new people to start a topic about what they would like. NEW PLAYERS ARE ALSO PLAYERS.....

You do realize this 'wheel of fortune' can be exploited for free things, making rares too common and boxes lose their values. The last thing we want is another Facebook cliche that nobody likes.

If you want to post a good idea, then it's best to think more carefully and not focus on the positive side of your idea. Nobody cares if you're a new player; so was I, but that doesn't mean I was given full entitlement of opinions here. You have to earn your place here if you want people to look at your ideas and not act like everything is about you, then say some stupid reason so you can hide behind it.

Learn to accept criticism, because you will be getting that a lot here if you don't look at your mistakes and fix it.

Edit: More details.

Edited by Forum Lurker, 09 December 2013 - 09:51 PM.

clone

clone
  • 13 posts

You do realize this 'wheel of fortune' can be exploited for free things, making rares too common and boxes lose their values. The last thing we want is another Facebook cliche that nobody likes.

If you want to post a good idea, then it's best to think more carefully and not focus on the positive side of your idea. Nobody cares if you're a new player; so was I, but that doesn't mean I was given full entitlement of opinions here. You have to earn your place here if you want people to look at your ideas and not act like everything is about you, then say some stupid reason so you can hide behind it.

Learn to accept criticism, because you will be getting that a lot here if you don't look at your mistakes and fix it.

Edit: More details.

The rares won't be common if the chance of winning a rare is like 0,05 %. This is also an opportunity for lower levels to receive some good weopons. (ofcourse does an lvl 3 player won't get a level 35 rare). I opinion is that optimism creates opportunities. This forum would be a lot more useful if you guys help brainstorming instead of being that much critical. Please give me some feedback and  adjustments so we can create something togheter.

Edited by clone, 09 December 2013 - 10:33 PM.

clone

clone
  • 13 posts

It is annoying me that some people only say no. In this case also post youtube videos with a guy saying no. Its disapointing me.

I hope you understand

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

The rares won't be common if the chance of winning a rare is like 0,05 %. This is also an opportunity for lower levels to receive some good weopons. (ofcourse does an lvl 3 player won't get a level 35 rare). I opinion is that optimism creates opportunities. This forum would be a lot more useful if you guys help brainstorming instead of being that much critical. Please give me some feedback and  adjustments so we can create something togheter.

Well, you didn't exactly elaborate on that when you first posted the idea. How would we know then?

Along with that, everyone disagrees with your idea because this would turn the game into another FarmVille imitation that no one would want.

By the way, if you're going to edit out your insult, at least use correct spelling and wording.

It is annoying me that some people only say no. In this case also post youtube videos with a guy saying no. Its disapointing me.

I hope you understand

If you looked at Zingman's post, notice the blue highlight; that's the link to Con's comment.

There's your reason why we're saying no.

--

Edit: I said "well", not "way". My mistake.

Edit 2: Don't double post. Use the edit button if you want to add in more comments.

Edited by Forum Lurker, 09 December 2013 - 10:52 PM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Yes, you might be a new player/member of the forum.

There are many of us who have been here for a long time and have seen very similar ideas a lot of times before. After a while, it gets very annoying. When things get annoying, we might not be as polite as we could/should be.

If the idea is something that Con (aka the lead developer) has said no to before, we will point this out I'm afraid.

Please be aware that the internet is not always a nice place and some people will be moire harsh/mean than is needed

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Oh please, you roll just as much when you open those boxes...

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

(puts arm around clone)

so they are disappointing you?

look here, the forum isnt about "what i think would be good", its about "what would be good for everyone and everything and not against the rules"

people here dont want a facebook-style bullsh*t spin-off, so, dont make a face- you should get the picture by now

dont get me wrong though, everyone wants fuel and rares, but they want to feel the sense of accomplishment of getting their hands on one through hard work

(either that or they dont want too many people to own rares because raids)

do you understand now?

Edited by TheRyderShotgun, 10 December 2013 - 12:04 AM.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

(puts arm around clone)

so they are disappointing you?

look here, the forum isnt about "what i think would be good", its about "what would be good for everyone and everything and not against the rules"

people here dont want a facebook-style bullsh*t spin-off, so, dont make a face- you should get the picture by now

dont get me wrong though, everyone wants fuel and rares, but they want to feel the sense of accomplishment of getting their hands on one through hard work

(either that or they dont want too many people to own rares because raids)

do you understand now?

IF he wants to understand.

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

*shrugs*

well, if you put it that way...

*claps and rubs hands together*

so i guess we agree this post can die now?

clone

clone
  • 13 posts

yeah I understand it now. I will think about this when I'm posting something in the future.

Cheers,

Clone

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

clone i joined FB for a while and tried some of the games. each one i tried had multiple daily, timed, and duration rewards. FB games are full bore what I call 'gimme games'. gimme game is a term i and a couple friends came up with a few years back when the challenging games we played back then started being nerfed when a part of the player base started chanting "Give Me" "Give Me" over and over till the drone rattled the heavens sounding like gimme gimme... you get the picture. if a game goes over to the gimme's i quit playing.

this is a post apocalyptic setting. it should not, in my opinion, be as easy as it is now. I have to say i do not support this idea as it really does not have a good fit with the feel nor setting of the game. It does sound more like a log in reward. log in every day, spin the wheel and get something. the fun of the inbound zed raids, building my compound, managing resources, keeping 9 others beside my avatar alive, then going out on raids, being bountied, being raided back in return... that's my daily log in reward! actually the best reward is the splash screens that come up saying you've been raided!!! how many resources? minimal! how many of my survs are down? 0, 1, 3...??? Enemy Survs Downed: 5!!!! yeah that's the best daily log in reward! lol next... click the retaliate button!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wheel, of, fortune, nice, dead, zone, killing, new, innovation, raiding