Photo

More War Tasks For Non-raiders (and War Task Ideas)

alliance war tasks white flag war tokens

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

President Bongo

President Bongo
  • 118 posts

I do not raid. It would be nice if I could raid NPCs but getting my pleasure (and Fuel) at the expense of another player is disturbingly similar to the psychology of a rapist. Instead of an expensive White Flag there should be a 100 Fuel (with a devoted free book slot) Black Flag that indicates a person wants to raid (and be raided). But that's a topic for another discussion.

I made an Alliance of one so that I can get in on the War Token boosts. It's fun having something to work towards that is actually useful, (even though I finished three in twelve hours, and the last will probably take over 10 days). However, it sucks that there are only four War Tasks. It would be nice if there were ten, or better yet, enough War Tasks to buy all the War Boosts without raiding, with a lot of effort. This would also allow White Flagers to contribute to an Alliance by donating more resources or items while the Raiders donate more War Points.

---

New War Task Ideas:

I actually don't have any War Task ideas other than ones that might make a player do things they might not normally bother to do. For instance, finding a specific kind of (low level) weapon, or killing a specific type of rare zombie, or donating a specific component that can only be found in Offices. As it is now, I just play the 'Gun Areas" levels 30-35 over and over and over. I have no reason to go anywhere else because it just wastes ammo, and gives me nothing useful.

(Just a thought while I watch the Daily Show, and wait 2 hours to play this game for 10 minutes for the 5th time today.)

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

This would also allow White Flagers to contribute to an Alliance by donating more resources or items while the Raiders donate more War Points.

There has to be a way that everyone contributing to a war effort and acquiring points for their alliance should also be able to lose points for the same alliance. otherwise a strategic balance of B:WF's and hard core raiders will be found that will be able to contribute the maximum points with  minimal risk of losing them.

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

what goes on in an actual war:

sodiers fight at the frontlines.

spies fight behind the frontlines, on the enemy's side of the pond.

anyone else involved either:

- treats the wounded sent back

- works to fund the campaign

- plans.

- does acts of sabotage(betrays their faction, basically)

hope that helps with what other non-raiders can do(however it does)

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

I do not raid. It would be nice if I could raid NPCs but getting my pleasure (and Fuel) at the expense of another player is disturbingly similar to the psychology of a rapist.

That means that you never play any collective games? Because you know, you could risk winning and "rape" your opponents feelings. You know they worked so hard training to get better and then you come and win them... you should get arrested for that to say the least.

It would be nice it there were ... enough War Tasks to buy all the War Boosts without raiding

Raiding doesn't count in any way to complete war tasks. 

This would also allow White Flagers to contribute to an Alliance by donating more resources or items while the Raiders donate more War Points.

That's exactly how alliances are working now, and were intended to. It's not that easy to focus in both raiding and tasks completion, especially those that require that we actually play missions, so a few non-raiders in your alliance can help with war tasks. 

You just want an easy way to gather enough tokens to buy all the boosts by yourself. Let me remind you though that the concept behind alliances is for players to interact and cooperate, so one man alliances that do not raid do not fit in that at all. Now that I think about it, what would make sense would be that a huge penalty to boost costs would apply to alliances with less than 10 members. I think I'm going to open a new thread proposing that.

Lucky you that I already spent my downvote for today.

As it is now, I just play the 'Gun Areas" levels 30-35 over and over and over. I have no reason to go anywhere else because it just wastes ammo, and gives me nothing useful.

Yeah, PvE does get annoying after a while, doesn't it? That's why the game has a PvP side.

President Bongo

President Bongo
  • 118 posts

President Bongo, on 09 Dec 2013 - 23:32, said:snapback.png

I do not raid. It would be nice if I could raid NPCs but getting my pleasure (and Fuel) at the expense of another player is disturbingly similar to the psychology of a rapist.

That means that you never play any collective games? Because you know, you could risk winning and "rape" your opponents feelings. You know they worked so hard training to get better and then you come and win them... you should get arrested for that to say the least.

ANSWER: I've played plenty of first person shooters and killed literally millions of people. In this game a raider can completely ruin another players game play, and there's no alternate server or team you can join to avoid this. Also DMU users can do missions all day long and NEVER leave their base undefended (unless they raid), while non-DMU users leave themselves open to attack EVERY time they go on a mission.

It would be nice it there were ... enough War Tasks to buy all the War Boosts without raiding

Raiding doesn't count in any way to complete war tasks.

ANSWER: I don't raid, I didn't know that. So the only way to get War Boosts is to have other people in the Alliance, even though every person raises the requirements needed to meet the War Task? If one person needs 6,000 ammo for a War Task and 10 people need 68,000 ammo, then why should one person be punished for being alone (or 10 people punished for not being 20?)

You just want an easy way to gather enough tokens to buy all the boosts by yourself. Let me remind you though that the concept behind alliances is for players to interact and cooperate, so one man alliances that do not raid do not fit in that at all. Now that I think about it, what would make sense would be that a huge penalty to boost costs would apply to alliances with less than 10 members. I think I'm going to open a new thread proposing that.

ANSWER: Good for you! Just remember how awesome your Alliance is when you do all the work and they take all the boosts. :P I've noticed that a LOT of Alliances have kicked out 15, 25, or even 35 members. It's very Galtain. You are a 'producer' and not a 'taker' right?

As it is now, I just play the 'Gun Areas" levels 30-35 over and over and over. I have no reason to go anywhere else because it just wastes ammo, and gives me nothing useful.

Yeah, PvE does get annoying after a while, doesn't it? That's why the game has a PvP side.

ANSWER: Actually its PvAI. In PvP if you shoot at me I will turn around and SHOOT BACK. :P

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

In this game a raider can completely ruin another players game play, and there's no alternate server or team you can join to avoid this.

Book: White Flag

but that takes the danger element, the excitement away. At that point it is no longer a co-operative game but becomes something akin to a stand alone game with a chat feature.

think on this. when i see PVE players roll into PVP servers in games that do have PVE servers then try to take control of the situation in a non-'violent' way. sometimes they end up forming 'player groups' that offer mutual protection from solo encounters. I've seen that here. PVE (PVAI) players have made comments that they will do what is needed to assure their safety as warning to the PVP (PVP/AI) players. why does that happen? it's because of the need to compete. it is a natural thing. doesn't matter if you are a Christian or an evolutionist. there is and always has been a pecking order. everyone exerts their power and authority over others. some do it with a club in these games where others do it through the dower of collective bargaining.

CAG does provide a way for players to play this game un-raided so they can sim on and that is with an 850 fuel cost book. I am all for people buying that. My only additional wish is they would be removed from my compound list and a person that likes playing the game with all aspects available gets to be my new neighbor.

I do not think unhindered solo players should be able to get what was designed for a group of cooperative players, warring on each other, are supposed to be able to get with a combined effort.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alliance, war tasks, white flag, war tokens