Jack Union City Dead Zone

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

ReachForTheMoon

ReachForTheMoon
  • 6 posts

Hello guys.

[UNION CITY SPOILLERS]

I created this topic to ask your oppinions on what do you guys think might happened after the union city events; Is Jack still alive? What's on the Union Island? Could the  spouse of the player be carrying a new type of mutation? 

We all know the main focus on Dead Zone is our own character, but what if during the game (say, right after deploying a mission) we actually trigger an event, where a few NPC Survivors is also on the map, so you can choose to help them kill some of the infected for additional rewards and XP, or just leave them to die/kill them and loot them? What if we could scavenge some pages of Jacks Journal during special missions? In general, a short story mode.

What about mutations? Would it ruin the whole zombie game experience? Or just a few "Boss tier" infected randomly appear during a horde frenzy?

What do you guys think about it?

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts

i kinda miss jack lol

ReachForTheMoon

ReachForTheMoon
  • 6 posts

i kinda miss jack lol

Me too. He's been through so much. *single tear*

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

i kinda miss jack lol

Jack is the most badass guy ever hands down. The union city ending made me go wtf? Lol I never got the ending.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

I like the idea of mutations and some backstory.

ReachForTheMoon

ReachForTheMoon
  • 6 posts

The Info the loading screen gives us is also pretty nice in my opinion

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

The Info the loading screen gives us is also pretty nice in my opinion

it does.

UglyStamps

UglyStamps
  • 314 posts

I would love to see this implemented, if the writing is good, and the story is not level based

(you get journal 1 in a level 2 area, later you get journal 5 in a level 15 area, even though you don't have the previous 3)

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

-1st post-

If you look on Union Isle very closely, you will notice its a compound, and Union Island is VERY CLOSE to Union Bridge, which is next to the Docks, where TLS:UC ended, so I beleive the best assumption is : Ivan + Jack teamed up, both are at the compound at Union Island. After all, where else would Ivan be holed up? Theres no "Non Player" compound anywhere besides there.

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

If you look on Union Isle very closely, you will notice its a compound, and Union Island is VERY CLOSE to Union Bridge, which is next to the Docks, where TLS:UC ended, so I beleive the best assumption is : Ivan + Jack teamed up, both are at the compound at Union Island. After all, where else would Ivan be holed up? Theres no "Non Player" compound anywhere besides there.

Good job. Never thought of that!

+ 1

Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

That's the player. But Jack probably survived it till Union Island. 

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Jack again.

ReachForTheMoon

ReachForTheMoon
  • 6 posts

[SPOILLERS]

If we take a good look in the ending of Union City, we see that Jack has only a few survivors alive with him (If i'm not mistaken, it might be just one). And that the Isle is being overrun by zombies. Since the Isle was an HERC Outpost with weapons and barricades, there is a possibility they managed to held off the horde attack and barried the bridge. I know Jack wouldn't go down that easily lol.

Also, I believe Jack knew something about the players spouse.

But why didn't he go with the player? I don't think he would throw away a chance of getting away from the outbreak like that. During the ending, after the boat gas possibly reaches 0, we hear a growl noise before the screen fades (Since Jack was on the pier before the player arrived, maybe he planned on sabotaging the amount of fuel in the boat? Maybe he didn't wanted the player to reach another city/country because of the wounded spouse). If the spouse turned, they could just kill him/her very easily on the boat. But I think HERC did something else with the spouse, something Jack knew about, so he sacrificed the player along with the spouse in order to avoid facing and prevent a new type of infected in the city.

Edited by ReachForTheMoon, 23 April 2013 - 03:16 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jack, Union City, Dead Zone