Photo

Can We Keep Melee Characters From Senselessly Charging Into The Horde?

melee

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LevN

LevN
  • 15 posts

Seriously, how many times do I need to keep clicking to keep my melee characters from charging off into the middle of a horde instead of staying in the narrow kill zone I *placed* them in to maximize survival? Especially in a rush. And they just keep running back out and getting surrounded and nailed until they die. Or they leave their rear support completely exposed to flanking zombies.

How about a space+click option that roots them in place like they are in a green zone? In addition, how about letting them roam around on a green zone as long as they aren't told to leave it? This helps them cover their rear support when zombies slip past their melee range. Plus, the space+click could root them there too if necessary. All of this is long, long, looong overdue.

Sorry if I come across a little angsty, and I appreciate that I can just heal them, but it's seriously frustrating to keep chasing them down and pulling them back just for them to instantly U-turn and charge back in until they die, or I end up losing someone and having to bail to the green zone because it would be impossible to finish scavenging with a 1 person team. Even worse if there are more than 1 melee doing exactly the same thing.

*edit* I just realized this may be the wrong forum section to post this in. Sorry about that. Feel free to relocate it.

Edited by LevN, 15 December 2013 - 12:26 AM.

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

Why dont we have the option to pre determine a range like with ranged weapons.  If you click an exact spot the melee wont run outside the range.

President Bongo

President Bongo
  • 118 posts

I never noticed this until I started saving ammo for War Tasks by using more Melee weapons. The simplest solution would be to have a drop box somewhere with the maximum number of spaces from the 'anchor spot' the Melee Survivor can move. Right now it's about 10, but if I could choose I would make it 3.

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 227 posts

Yeah, there are time where I want my melee tanks to gleefully run into the fray, and there's times where I really don't want them to go anywhere. Heck, even the Shift/Space + Click suggestion for doing such seems to be the best way to do it. Heartily supported.

chankim

chankim
  • 326 posts

This just set off an idea in my head: what if we can set survivor tactics? It doesn't have to be complicated. Just 2 simple tactics: Aggressive/head-on (which means "KILL EVERY ZOMBIE IN SIGHT!!!"), and cautious/stealth (which means that survivors keep to themselves and don't kill zombies unless they have to.)

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

I've wanted this for some time now. I primarily use melee survivors as battering walls/tanks to defend my scavenger. Too often they run off chasing zombies, leaving my guy open to getting slapped around.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: melee