Photo

My Take On The New Update........

update zmas problems m-24

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,647 posts

Disclaimer: yes I read the rules, this pertains to a general topic on the deadzone, the update

Here is my opinion on how me and others are on the Z-Mas update.

Yay Z-mas is here again!!! We're killing santa zombies, building trees, collecting salted hams, and finding gifts

However in a move to "balance" the game Con decided to "change up" how weapons are looted, mainly the m-24 is the one that everyone is crazy over being moved.........

I believe Con's intentions were good (no I'm not brown nosing) when he decided to move the m-24(along with other weapons, ex. Combat Knife) to a new area to be looted (like level 39-max) so that its massive benefits could not be abused.

But, this update on the m24 only puts a band aid on a still festering problem, m24 tower clusters. Seeing as the m24 has massive range(even if it is not a unique or rare) anyone that found several quality ones over a period of time decided to cluster all of their survivors together in a cluster to be almost invincible, this is especially true if you have a fuel generator and/or are in an Alliance War.

Another thing this did was, was that anyone that had an m24 before the update got their m24s marked with the "vintage" tag, while this tag is purely cosmetic,   it increased the value of these weapons that have this tag along with the said rifle. 

While you cannot get this godlike rifle from level 20 areas anymore, many deadzoners already have these already AND have high enough levels to get more in the level 39 areas.

So what's does this mean? 

The many who have level 20'ish m24s are at a powerful advantage to those who lucked out, both in defense AND attack. For those who we're not able to collect any they have to WAIT until they get to level 39. But before that happens, the m-24'less players have to face off against a horde of players that do.

What I think Con should have done was to eliminate the "M24 Tower Cluster" strategy build, how this would be done I don't know. I would like to see either Con places limits on how many m24s one can have on defense(or offense/both) or make it wher you can't cluster towers together.

Whatever happens in the future, all I can say is is that the M24 problem is far from being fixed permanently, but to Con's pleasure I can say this is a step in the right direction......

this is Max Sheen from [DPA] signing off

Comment and rate this  

Kev

Kev
  • 24 posts

Making tracer rounds not apply to long rifles was also a step in making the "m-24 spam defense" vulnerable. No need to artificially limit the use of the M-24 rifle, people have been defeating it for awhile now.

The level 20-ish people who have 10 vintage M-24's are only going to hold temporary power, it will hurt at first, but eventually the problem will sort itself out. I do think that vintage stuff should be un-tradeable though, otherwise you could have people trading them to a level 20 account to assist in griefing, because at that level, other players really don't have much to counter that gun.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,647 posts

Con's "fix" 

1. Close Range Penalty

- Firing at enemies inside the close range circle (half of max range) will incur a penalty of 50% accuracy.

- This is intended to encourage weapon variety in defences

2. Line of Sight Blocking Cover for Attackers in PVP

- Adding some cover that blocks line of sight completely, giving attackers a safe place to spawn

- This helps defend against the spawn to death scenarios that happen often

3. Range Normalisation

- Adjustment of ALL Long Rifle ranges to make Assault rifles and LMG's more competitive

- These adjustments would be relative to each other, to retain the "best" ranged items integrity

4. Increased Aim Time

- The first shot takes more time to line up, creating a delay 

- An indicator would convey that the survivor is aiming

- This allows attackers a margin of error rather than Move > Shot > Dead.

5. Armor Aim Penalties

- Certain bulky armor would impair the aim on certain weapons, including AR's, LMG's and Long Rifles

6. Class Penalties

- Classes would have more exaggerated penalties for using weapons that aren't their specialization

7. Moving Target Penalty

- Firing at targets that are moving in a perpendicular manner to your survivor would suffer a penalty

- Speed of the moving target would also be taken into account

- Attackers firing at targets running straight at them would not suffer a penalty

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Happy to hear ideas and thoughts on these. 

Calm down Satan, I asked for something to fix  the m24 only, tower clusters, and pillow forts

not a complete slaying on the entire weapons system

Hezm

Hezm
  • 434 posts

Those now level player who didn't get any m24's will have very hard times when they start leveling up and they try to attack players who were there to get m24's. not too fair IMO. I don't have problem with it, it doesn't affect me anyways.

Max you aren't using right tactics if yiu have hard times breaking tower clusters. Distract-flank-kill is right and working tactic, AI is pretty stupid you know..

edit: I really hope they won't add that negative handling for non-specialized weapons. Other things would be enough.

Edited by Hezm, 21 December 2013 - 01:26 AM.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,647 posts

Those now level player who didn't get any m24's will have very hard times when they start leveling up and they try to attack players who were there to get m24's. not too fair IMO. I don't have problem with it, it doesn't affect me anyways.

Max you aren't using right tactics if yiu have hard times breaking tower clusters. Distract-flank-kill is right and working tactic, AI is pretty stupid you know..

edit: I really hope they won't add that negative handling for non-specialized weapons. Other things would be enough.

Ill keep that In mind

and yes I srsly hope that con does not add penalties to non special weapons!!!! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update, zmas, problems, m-24