Abuse Of Protection System

protection bounty raid

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Njaelic

Njaelic
  • 185 posts

Hi there,

I would like to know your opinions on the protection system.

Actually I have a bounty :-) So people attacking me frequently, that's ok. But this night 1 guy attacked my three times. In his first and second attempt he only triggered/disarmed traps and destroyed some buildings. In his third he tried to collect the bounty (unsuccesfully).

Here is my point, if someone (the same or a different) person is attacking you within a specific amount of time ... 4hours?! you should get a longer protection than 15 minutes. The actual system is to be abused by scouting characters or multiple attacks to slowly take you out.

So what is your opinion, are you ok with it?

Greetings,

Nja

Lord Kronosian

Lord Kronosian
  • 1,119 posts
Hell no I am not OK with it

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

what length of time is between his attacks? see if he is now on your map to see what his return time is. his time of cycle may not be within the window to trigger any protection.

i do find a 15 minute protection worthless. i'm not sure what was the thought when this protection plan was drawn up. Even then i'm not sure it is working correctly.

but my thoughts on bounties (other than it can generate money for CAG) is bogus from a players point of view. if a person gets raided in a PV(P/AI) game then they should retaliate. if not then they need to invest and buy a White Flag and remove themselves from the PV(P/AI) game. Believe me i am completely ok with someone wanting to sim and i really don't want to piss in the corn flakes by inadvertently raiding them. I raid a non alliance player one time only if i am out of viable alliance targets. ( i find many alliance players constantly under protection. and at times have not had any targets in the whole list 5 up or 5 down!) so i go to the pound list if i just want to raid.

anyways grats on the bounty Raider! I take them as badges of commendation! lol

xAutox

xAutox
  • 13 posts

I agree, even the strongest Defence's can be taken down if the player does not log in, attack take down some defence leave and repeat eventually your doomed either way. My suggestion is like the Mission locations after you attack someone it should lock you out from attacking that person again for the whole 24 hours. Hence a bounty on your head you can still be multiple attacked but not repeating attacks of the same person.  

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

You should look at it from the other side: the same guy tried to raid you 3 times in a row and was not able to detect enough vulnerabilities in your defenses to defeat you. That means your defense is holding quite nicely ;) At least that's how I look at it.

Better than that, you now have a brand new priority target to enjoy yourself with as much as you like. No one can accuse you of greifing after attacking you 3 times in such a short time frame.

I do agree that the amount of raids that a high bounty can bring is excessive. But not because I have a problem being raided 16 times in 24 hours, just that it's impossible to withstand such a attack rate for 30 days unless you equip the white flag book.

What do I do? I usually try to hold for a few days. This allows my neighborhood to grow a little more to have more targets available and it allows me to detect vulnerabilities in my defense. After that I just leave my leader in the open for an easy kill so I can go on with my regular gameplay.

minecraftman1233

minecraftman1233
  • 67 posts

Hell no I am not OK with it

Shut up, it was probably you that did it.

Njaelic

Njaelic
  • 185 posts

You should look at it from the other side: the same guy tried to raid you 3 times in a row and was not able to detect enough vulnerabilities in your defenses to defeat you. That means your defense is holding quite nicely ;) At least that's how I look at it.

Better than that, you now have a brand new priority target to enjoy yourself with as much as you like. No one can accuse you of greifing after attacking you 3 times in such a short time frame.

From raiding other people, I know what my defense can and what not, so I don't need this guy ;) Also I don't complain about being raided by one guy three times, it is the protection time.

Another example, I emptied my fuel gen and send all suvis out on raids. When I came back the ressources have been lootet, 5 traps triggered and 7 buildings destroyed, conclusion: "No protection gained". That's stupid, the person could destroy your whole compound and you gain no protection. I'm able to build it all up within 30min thanks to DMU, but still in my opinion the system itself needs a rework.

ligoccogil

ligoccogil
  • 289 posts

If everything is destoryed why do you even need protection..... It would make sense thou if it took 15 minutes to rearm traps... but since you can only be raided while offline does a spidersense go off "warning your compound in an online game is being raided........." and it wakes you up from your sleep when someone on the other side of the world attacks you...

i'm not even going to bother joining an alliance it's pointless... not being in an alliance is pretty much like having permenant protection

DanielBrt

DanielBrt
  • 7 posts

I don't like the protection system at all.  I love this game but now that I've leveled up and am in an alliance, I get raided daily, and I'm always getting whipped out.  As I read most of the comments everyone seems to have similar experiences with the multiple raids.  If any of your defenses are damaged you should be but in permanent protection.  Maybe this will keep players from destroying your base.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

Holy necromancy batman.

I'm sure if you think about it for more than a couple seconds you can see the problem with that idea.

i.e. leave your compound damaged intentionally -- and get a free perm white flag without using up a book slot.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 541 posts
Also, a little tip: being in an alliance and complaining about being raided is like riding a bumper car and complaining that everybody is trting to crash their cars against yours. If you don't want to be raided either leave the alliance or buy a White Flag.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: protection, bounty, raid