Raidco

Alliance pvp PvP [RC] Raid RaidCo raiders

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

how can i join your group?

It's informal until Alliances are actually instituted in game.

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

I would love to join this alliances. Sign me up!

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

For those who want to join, please don't forget to vote up the original post, so we can easily track how many we are. 

Thx, fellow Raiders!

Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter
  • 168 posts

thanks liberator :D

im joining the U.C.P.D , my buddy Tom said i was welcome if i ever wanted to join, he said i could bring others too

im down and ready to roll.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,649 posts

im down and ready to roll.

did you join yet? i can give you some links...

Thoqqu

Thoqqu
  • 6 posts

I'd be interested in joining this one.

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

I'd be interested in joining this one.

Excellent, make sure to follow the original post so I can try and contact you when Alliances go live. ^_^

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

Masky, have you thought about some kind of ranking? Not that I care much about virtual titles, but from my experience democracies don't work very well on this kind of stuff ;)

One suggestion: make number of raids one of the main factors for promotion ;D

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

Masky, have you thought about some kind of ranking? Not that I care much about virtual titles, but from my experience democracies don't work very well on this kind of stuff ;)

One suggestion: make number of raids one of the main factors for promotion ;D

Have thought of it, not entirely sure how I would go about doing it but number of raids is certainly a possibility, or number of different raided compounds seeing as getting in raiding wars with a single compound has personally lead me to fighting the same guy two dozen times.

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

So four to five people, meh a good enough start if I'm honest with myself it's more than I expected.

Edited by Masky, 16 April 2013 - 02:41 PM.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

Have thought of it, not entirely sure how I would go about doing it but number of raids is certainly a possibility, or number of different raided compounds seeing as getting in raiding wars with a single compound has personally lead me to fighting the same guy two dozen times.

So four to five people, meh a good enough start if I'm honest with myself it's more than I expected.

:)

We have to make it more appealing, that's also why I've suggested creating the ranking system.

Now that I have a little time to put to this, I thought of putting maths working on our side, to keep it as much objective as possible:

Y = ("Player level" x "Number of compounds attacked" x "weeks within the alliance") - (negative parameters related to the non-compliance with the Alliance's rules) 

Then create a few ranks with cool names, and set a Y interval value for each one of them.

Some more possible details:

- Limit the number of members on the top rank, perhaps even with some permanent seats and with some rotational ones, these attributed by voting of the whole Alliance (like the UN security Council, you can't be more mean than them, lol)

- Perhaps add a multiplier to some of the equation's parameters to define which ones are to be more important (for instance 100x"Number of compounds attacked" if we want his to be really decisive ;))

- Some more parameters could be added depending if Con allows the Alliance admins to access logs of prospective members (for instance average kills per raid would be awesome)

Also, perhaps adding on the original post a list with current members could be nice for keeping track of it.

Just my two cents...

Edited by JHpinto, 22 April 2013 - 10:26 AM.

TotalBreakage

TotalBreakage
  • 6 posts

I originally wanted to create my own because I didnt see this, but now I am down for joining this one as long as there is a promise of us trying to become the most badass, hated alliance in this game. I'm out to kill people, I'm here to be the bad guy, and I love raiding, if this is what's happening then I'll roll with you till the end. 

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

I originally wanted to create my own because I didnt see this, but now I am down for joining this one as long as there is a promise of us trying to become the most badass, hated alliance in this game. I'm out to kill people, I'm here to be the bad guy, and I love raiding, if this is what's happening then I'll roll with you till the end. 

I like you already ;)

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

That was essentially my thoughts when I created this, I wanted to create an opposition, for those whom would try to tame the Deadzone I want to gather a group of individuals who say "Yeah, no, f*** that." and sow chaos in every neighborhood in the former Union City.

This is a game, none of it truly matters and I want people to realize that as such we can do whatever we want.

Welcome aboard. ^_^

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

If this is similar to how it sounds - Chaos, a dash of Nonconformism, and a good helping of Anarchy. Then I'm very much interested, maybe enough to change my mind from staying as a lone-wolf.

One thing though, I'm not really interested in following any one's orders/commands/etc... If I do join I will certainly join in with group activities that pique my interest, and assist members that I want to assist; but don't expect me to do something just because I have been asked, I may or I may not.

I'll mull it over some more, but for now you can consider me a wiling peer. Oh and as for the UCPD and other white-knight-style groups, pffft let them come; we'll be the Sparta to their Persia.

Edited by BrianBore, 22 April 2013 - 09:23 AM.

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

If this is similar to how it sounds - Chaos, a dash of Nonconformism, and a good helping of Anarchy. Then I'm very much interested, maybe enough to change my mind from staying as a lone-wolf.

One thing though, I'm not really interested in following any one's orders/commands/etc... If I do join I will certainly join in with group activities that pique my interest, and assist members that I want to assist; but don't expect me to do something just because I have been asked, I may or I may not.

I'll mull it over some more, but for now you can consider me a wiling peer. Oh and as for the UPCD and other white-knight-style groups, pffft let them come; we'll be the Sparta to their Persia.

Those qualities you listed were the concepts that inspired me to create this thread.  ^_^

In-so-far as orders and a hierarchy, while facially a good idea may not be what a group such as this would require to flourish. Strict rankings and chains of command conflict with the spirit of this group, as such I find it terribly unlikely that I will create anything of the sort, I feel it will be based more around the reputation everyone builds for themselves among the other players.

I feel this will encourage getting to know those amongst the group as you would need to build a rapport with your fellow raiders if you desire to become a prominent member in the group. This would also allow those in the group whom don't want to have to abide by commands to simply refrain from interacting all that much should they desire to do so.

I'm still not entirely sure and am certainly open to suggestions by any and all individuals.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

I'm also totally against having mandatory tasks. I don't even remember the last time I accepted a survivor request because I just want to do whatever I'm on the mood to when I log on...

My suggestion about rankings is essentially for marketing purposes (giving different "powers", to each rank, except to the top one, didn't even cross my mind) and to make sure that there is some sort of "authority" to deal with players that can turn out to be somewhat problematic. For what I've been seeing at the forums and chat rooms, that is more than highly likely, unfortunately...

@BrianBore: we don't even need to be "300"! ;)

Shaun

Shaun
  • 40 posts

I'm so in...

Hopefully this "alliance" part of the game will be what we hope it is. We may be stuck with people on our servers, but who knows. If it brings the chance of more PvP, I'm all for it.

I like that thought of going to war with the U.C.P.D :P

Not that I really think that we will. Some of us on either side seem to hate the sight of people being griefed that don't deserve it. It sounds like both us and the UCPD would both like to gang up on that type of player, anyway.

But, if something did happen to cause our two groups to go at it... It just seems funny to me that they would think their numbers of PvP hating players would really stand a chance against a group that loves PvP. There would obviously be a gigantic skill level gap. Plus, if anti-PvP'rs started to spam attacks on someone, I guess that would mean that those that were anti-raiding players, would then be raiding players and have to join us :P (The more PvP players, the better)

@JHpinto - Thanks for directing me here. I had to send my laptop back to get repaired, and so for the last two weeks I have been having to quickly sneak on while I'm in the library, do my daily bounty and a couple autos, and then log-off. My laptop should be back next week.

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

Cool a raiding alliance. if my group gets some people want a peace treaty?  to help you decide click here  ----->  http://forum.conarti...ion-city-mafia/ . just because we are raiders doesent mean we are total savages. I would like to be your ally.

Edited by meropo, 20 April 2013 - 11:54 PM.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

I'm so in...

@JHpinto - Thanks for directing me here. 

You're twice welcome! ;)

Edited by JHpinto, 21 April 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alliance, pvp, PvP, [RC], Raid, RaidCo, raiders