A New Weapon Loadout

raidmore loadout guns melee idea easier defensive offensive

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

ToastieWithKetchup

ToastieWithKetchup
  • 6 posts

POPULAR

I'm at the stage of the game where i pretty much just use melee weapons when scavenging and save my ammo and guns for defending the compound, so i thought whenever i go to raid i switch out the melee weapons for my rifles and stuff. Wouldn't it be easier if i could just make a third loadout for raiding? Tell me what you think, thanks

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

im all for having separate load outs for pve and pvp along with separate spots in the compound for raid defense and horde defense

Harbinger_Of_Doom

Harbinger_Of_Doom
  • 13 posts

I'd wouldn't mind a 3rd load out just for ease of convience. 1 for PVZ, 1 for raiding, and 1 for compound defense.

Lord Kronosian

Lord Kronosian
  • 1,119 posts

im all for having separate load outs for pve and pvp along with separate spots in the compound for raid defense and horde defense

Raid defence and horde defence stay the same for a lot of the player base so no to the 4th one but the 3 load outs I agree with

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

the idea isnt exactly new, its been suggested multiple times but...i like separate loadouts for different situations so +1!

Edited by TheRyderShotgun, 24 December 2013 - 02:01 AM.

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

This is an idea that has been presented a lot on the forums. I've personally seen it in at least 5 different threads and I don't remember seeing one player that thinks it is a bad idea. I also don't see that it would be a huge problem for the devs to put it into place. As a player that regularly switch back and forth from raiding and farming throughout the day I would love this idea to be implemented.

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

save my ammo for defending the compound

https://encrypted-tb...lc820BbGAnsqR5w

Edited by Bruce Lee, 24 December 2013 - 03:10 AM.

ToastieWithKetchup

ToastieWithKetchup
  • 6 posts

the idea isnt exactly new, its been suggested multiple times but...i like separate loadouts for different situations so +1!

Ah sorry, new to the forums and haven't spent much time looking though all the ideas and stuff, anyway thanks.

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

save my ammo and guns for defending the compound,

Defending doesn't use ammo...

Anyway this is a well discussed topic and it should be added.

Edited by INoEmo, 24 December 2013 - 11:40 PM.

Mike50

Mike50
  • 12 posts

well i would very much appreciate if there was a third slot 

JoeJon

JoeJon
  • 13 posts
i suggested this before but was rejected quite badly because the fact that it would just add more work to con. but id still like this idea to be implemented.

ToastieWithKetchup

ToastieWithKetchup
  • 6 posts

Defending doesn't use ammo...

Anyway this is a well discussed topic and it should be added.

Guess i said that wrong, i just meant saving ammo for raiding and scavenging when i sometimes use my guns if i'm bored. Although i do think it should use up ammo when you're defending the compound though. 

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

Guess i said that wrong, i just meant saving ammo for raiding and scavenging when i sometimes use my guns if i'm bored. Although i do think it should use up ammo when you're defending the compound though. 

the one thing i can think of why ammo use on defense is a bad idea is the AI isn't robust enough to compensate when you run out of ammo on defense and switch to melee. even then charging into at least 4 raiders with weapons is suicide.

the tactic i would use against this is load into your pound and draw fire then hunker down. do that for the full raid time. no killing your survs and no destruction of property... no protection for you. once you are out of ammo if there is time left now i can either move for my objective or if there is no time left leave and speed home then roll right back in to a bunch of defenders standing there with no ammo. I think the first time i played over a year ago there was ammo use. and i think i remember that strategy from then.

edit: changed wording for clarification

Edited by oldgamster, 28 December 2013 - 07:54 PM.

ligoccogil

ligoccogil
  • 289 posts

More customizable loadouts, as well as letting you change loadouts while they are away... it makes no sense to me if they are away why cant you assign their defensive loadout?... it's just an annoyance to me not being able to change loadouts while they are away.... anyone know of a logical reason for it?

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,532 posts

the one thing i can think of why ammo use on defense is a bad idea is the AI isn't robust enough to compensate when you run out of ammo on defense and switch to melee. even then charging into at least 4 raiders with weapons is suicide.

the tactic i would use against this is load into your pound and draw fire then hunker down. do that for the full raid time. no killing your survs and no destruction of property... no protection for you. once you are out of ammo if there is time left now i can either move for my objective or if there is no time left leave and speed home then roll right back in to a bunch of defenders standing there with no ammo. I think the first time i played over a year ago there was ammo use. and i think i remember that strategy from then.

edit: changed wording for clarification

You do realise that

A Survivors don't switch between guns and melee

B Ammo is infinite on the same raid/mission so your tactic wouldn't work unless you repeatedly attacked the same person (there is a lock-out in place to prevent repeated attacks from the same raider, I believe either 15 minutes or an hour)

C Ammo is not used in defence for a reason; 

Mission Basics 
- Ammunition is UNLIMITED during missions 
- Ammunition does not apply when defending your compound 

https://getsatisfact...o_as_a_resource (the release notes for the ammo update)

I'm not trying to dump on your idea just pointing out the reasons it won't happen

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

You do realise that

A Survivors don't switch between guns and melee

B Ammo is infinite on the same raid/mission so your tactic wouldn't work unless you repeatedly attacked the same person (there is a lock-out in place to prevent repeated attacks from the same raider, I believe either 15 minutes or an hour)

C Ammo is not used in defence for a reason; 

Mission Basics 
- Ammunition is UNLIMITED during missions 
- Ammunition does not apply when defending your compound 

https://getsatisfact...o_as_a_resource (the release notes for the ammo update)

I'm not trying to dump on your idea just pointing out the reasons it won't happen

yes i do understand that. I am saying if ammo use were to be turned back on that is the tactic i would use. when i played over a year ago running raids and defending kept a pounds ammo reserve nearly empty. if it was reimplemented the ammo use could not be infinite otherwise why need to look for and fill up storage bins? i did go on a raid and thought i ran out of ammo with about 1 minute 30 seconds left on the clock. but seeing what you linked and quoted out now makes me wonder if it wasn't a glitch or a bug that my weapons would not reload. I was using very high ammo cost weapons on all 5. so i thought i ran out. their flag was not behind any barriers but was covered by firearms is why i didn't have a melee weapon. all i needed was to down 1 more surv and i could have taken the flag. nothing i could do. no melee. wouldn't have helped anyway. tried to run to the flag and was shot before i made two steps out from behind the cement divider. had to take a long quiet ride home with out a flag and what i thought was no ammo in my weapons. but thanks for the link.

kommadant

kommadant
  • 5 posts

I'm at the stage of the game where i pretty much just use melee weapons when scavenging and save my ammo and guns for defending the compound, so i thought whenever i go to raid i switch out the melee weapons for my rifles and stuff. Wouldn't it be easier if i could just make a third loadout for raiding? Tell me what you think, thanks

i was literally just about to make a thread but thankfully searched for them first, i agree 100 percent

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raidmore, loadout, guns, melee, idea, easier, defensive, offensive