Photo

The Debacle With Schematics

schematics question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

k6ka

k6ka
  • 47 posts

For any of you who remember my "Rares And Uniques" retarded question (http://forum.conarti...-really-unique/), this is pretty similar.

On The Last Stand Wiki, the debacle with Rares and Uniques have been solved, and instead of a huge list that treated them as manually created weapons (they're not - the game randomly generates them), we have a table of possible names a player may get, allowing for countless possibilities.

Now here's the new issue, this time with the Schematics page. Again, like the previous Rare/Unique design, the schematics are treated like Con and the team manually create them. However, the list is getting too long, like the previous one, and if schematics are randomly generated, then we're wasting Wikia's server space with useless information.

So, is this list necessary?

TL;DR, are schematics randomly generated by the game?

aceyleneblues

aceyleneblues
  • 11 posts

Pretty sure there is a fixed list of schems. If there's a green(or blue or purple for that matter) for an item, i've only ever seen one schem variant for it.

k6ka

k6ka
  • 47 posts

Bump - I need more responses to confirm this, guys!

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

I don't think so. Either way, CAG would have to code the schematics to put them into the game.

The huge amount of schems I get for level five weapons is astounding in itself.

Anderill

Anderill
  • 187 posts

I think for every possible weapon variant, i.e. scoped, suppressed,  there is a corresponding schem, schems also have levels, so the name might be the same but different stats.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Schematics are finite. All you need is to play the game and see yourself getting duplicates of the same schematic repeatedly. 

Back when the forum was hosted on Get Satisfaction, there were around 80 schematics. Since then, level areas 30+ have been added (mainly with new schematics) and some have been discontinued (Hardened Hollow Point Ammo, M24 schematics as 2 obvious examples). At this point in time, we are most likely looking at around 100-120 different schematics with the latest batch yet to be released.

Unlike your Rare/Unique thread, this one has a limited number of results

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

It's a finite list.

Some weapons have green/blue/purple schematics, others don't.

The schematics always have the same buffs.  i.e. the purple hunter compact schematic will always have hit chance and capacity.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schematics, question