Photo

Why Is There A Limit To Dislike Only 1 Post Per Day?

Ridiculous Rules Stupid Unfair Fail Forum

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Scorplong

Scorplong
  • 43 posts

I am sure almost everybody feels this way, but why is there a limit to dislike only 1 post per day?

Many people on this Forum are quite stupid and post things that either make no sense or are extremely offensive (from their stupidity).

This is not as much a request as a complaint. I would like to share my thoughts on posts by making them have downvotes, but that right to freedom of speech is restricted by you. I would go so far as to say it is an infringement on the 1st Amendment (even if you aren't based in the US, as far as I know most civilized countries have freedom of speech), because you are not allowing people to easily share their thoughts on people's posts.

I hope this gets changed, but again this is just my complaining.

-Scorplong

ligoccogil

ligoccogil
  • 289 posts

Ha i thought the same thing a bit a go......... But your freedom of speech isn't restricted. You could always reply and use your words the express why you disagree. I hate how people thing freedom of speech is this broad thing that should be interpreted into being able to do what ever they want in exactly the way they want. You said it best not allowing them to EASILY... nothing says it should be easy.

That being said i'm curious the reasoning to and if it's just because of multis why allow multiple up votes?... IMO it's to give the illusion of positivity in the forums so people coming thru see everyone being positive and think WOW no one here thinks the ideas here suck everyone loves them!!!!... similar to how if you give someone on amazon a 1 star they will e-mail you begging you to remove your review because it hurts their business........ HOW ABOUT IMPROVE YOUR PRODUCT

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Because the trolls would downvote anyone that disagrees with them, that's why.

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

I am sure almost everybody feels this way, but why is there a limit to dislike only 1 post per day?

Many people on this Forum are quite stupid and post things that either make no sense or are extremely offensive (from their stupidity).

This is not as much a request as a complaint. I would like to share my thoughts on posts by making them have downvotes, but that right to freedom of speech is restricted by you. I would go so far as to say it is an infringement on the 1st Amendment (even if you aren't based in the US, as far as I know most civilized countries have freedom of speech), because you are not allowing people to easily share their thoughts on people's posts.

I hope this gets changed, but again this is just my complaining.

-Scorplong

How can so many Americans be so stupid about their rights...

The Bill of Rights is NOT a citizen to citizen thing... Its about Goverment interaction. I, as a private citizen. can say "You cant Pray in my house" but at City Hall they cant. I can say "you cant use racial slurs at work" the Goverment cant say the KKK cant have a rally at a city park... Read a book and learn something...

Edited by T_J, 31 December 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Scorplong

Scorplong
  • 43 posts

Because the trolls would downvote anyone that disagrees with them, that's why.

I agree. However, that problem is already there.

Many of the trolls on this forum simply make multiple accounts (many people complain about Kronosian doing this), so this would not be creating that problem.

It would exacerbate it, I will not deny that, but it will also make it so you can actually show your opinion if you dislike something.

On this level is the fact that you have unlimited upvotes. If you are a troll and will dislike all comments that disagree with you, you will do exactly that with upvotes for comments that agree with you. And there is no limit on this.

Unless you can give a legitimate reason to limit upvotes to 1 per day, downvotes should follow the same rules as upvotes.

-Scorplong

Scorplong

Scorplong
  • 43 posts

How can so many Americans be so stupid about their rights...

The Bill of Rights is NOT a citizen to citizen thing... Its about Goverment interaction. I, as a private citizen. can say "You cant Pray in my house" but at City Hall they cant. I can say "you cant use racial slurs at work" the Goverment cant say the KKK cant have a rally at a city park... Read a book and learn something...

Actually you need a permit for certain things.

-Scorplong

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

Edited by T_J, 01 January 2014 - 12:06 AM.

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

-Scorplong

I think you missed the point. Again, try reading a book. Please tell you you are still in School and have not yet received any sort of Diploma, because if you have recieved one, that school failed not just you, but the whole country.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

If there wasn't, people who said they were leaving but then didn't would get all their posts downvoted.

Who would do something like this? http://forum.conarti...e/?hl=scorplong

There are not unlimited up-votes. These are also capped

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

If you didn't like someone then you have the ability to mass downvote every post they ever make. 

ligoccogil

ligoccogil
  • 289 posts

-Scorplong

Permit, meaning you can say it you just have to do it in a way that is safe and meets certian critera. You're still allowed to say it.  Just like you're still allowed you say you dislike an idea you just have to voice it in the fourm of a logical reasoning.

But i don't see how trolls are any different than a popularity contest There's tons of people here who will upvote ANYTHING as long as it's from an alliance member/friend. Like wise one could say if a troll Ie. Krono has a horrible idea trolls will UPVOTE his ideal so in theory UPVOTES should be limited to 1 a day.

So why the double standards?... and in such really basing anything off of REPS is pointless. It's live votes on american idol....or in the presidential election they are just a formatlity that shouldn't be taken seriously

Edited by LigocCogil, 01 January 2014 - 01:52 AM.

Lord Kronosian

Lord Kronosian
  • 1,119 posts

Permit, meaning you can say it you just have to do it in a way that is safe and meets certian critera. You're still allowed to say it. Just like you're still allowed you say you dislike an idea you just have to voice it in the fourm of a logical reasoning.

But i don't see how trolls are any different than a popularity contest There's tons of people here who will upvote ANYTHING as long as it's from an alliance member/friend. Like wise one could say if a troll Ie. Krono has a horrible idea trolls will UPVOTE his ideal so in theory UPVOTES should be limited to 1 a day.

So why the double standards?... and in such really basing anything off of REPS is pointless. It's live votes on american idol....or in the presidential election they are just a formatlity that shouldn't be taken seriously

The people who don't like my ideas don't show any logical reasoning what should I take from that

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

Krono, there is always logical reasoning to the downvotes and hate for your ideas, its just intertwined with the mass hate cause you don't learn from your mistakes. Every bad idea you have posted people have explained why they are bad, and you have insulted them or called them trolls. 

Any way one reason why, mas downvote isn't allowed is eximplifed by krono, he has alts and lots of them people like him could kill the rep of every reputable member on this forum just to make themselves look good. As it is his alts already negate most the negatives on his posts, (that and the fact that he bribes people to make accounts to upvote his crap). the limit on downvotes is to keep people like krono who abuse the system from breaking it completely. I also think that do to this the upvotes should be limited likewise to one per day, as this would remove the abuse of it.

Mike III

Mike III
  • 344 posts

even IF this idea was implemented, what are the chances you are going to teach someone the lesson you're trying to shove down their throat by spamming the dislike button for that?

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts
Personally, I don't see how rep would affect the forum members greatly other then approval or rejection of their thread/post. It doesn't really give us any benefit at all from what I am looking at; showing off our bar of pride, most likely?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ridiculous, Rules, Stupid, Unfair, Fail, Forum