Photo

Deathmobile

Deathmobile

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Ahurra

Ahurra
  • 2 posts

I have played the game for a while and i am at lvl 16.

Im noticing that the game is getting harder to play because of the return time.

My suggestion is to either choose micro transactions or "buy the game" (upgrade car) option and not both.

At higher lvl, for example lvl 30 i have a 4 hour return time, that brings my game-play to one or two times a day from  playing it 10-20 times a day. My guess is that you want players to  stay in the game for longer time and not be forced to switch games meanwhile they are waiting for the survivors to return.

I know you guys work hard and have to get payed but history has show pay-to-win games dont last long and allot of major mmo games are changing their business strategy from  "buy the game" to micro transactions.

Edited by Ahurra, 21 January 2014 - 06:27 AM.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 791 posts

Dude you probably were never meant to sit in front of the game like people tend to do and loot the entire map just send your dudes out and come back after like 4 hours and do something else. The dmu is not even needed at all to play a game like this.

Pay to win? i know a lot of dudes who haven't spend a single buck on this game and they are doing better than me.

Quick edit: you do know that the dmu and fuel is completely diffrent things right? Like yeah dude people who spend money don't just ''buy the car'' they most likely will also spend the money on fuel so really what do you mean with ''buy the game''? 

Edited by Maruse, 09 January 2014 - 04:32 PM.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

Something like this, perhaps?

There's so much DMU suggestions here, can't link all of them. -_-

ligoccogil

ligoccogil
  • 289 posts

Something like this, perhaps?

There's so much DMU suggestions here, can't link all of them. -_-

So what are you saying? that it's sad that so many people are asking for changes and that the dev are relluctant to listen to the masses, because then it would require them to admit they were wrong?

But still i think the biggest issue with DMU is with raids.People with the DMU hardly ever have all their survivors away. Most of the time you can walk right thru my front gates :)

Agree thou that people join these games because of the cost(FREE) and for 30$ it no longer is a low expectation game and the expectaions are way above the quality of the game for most players. For 30$ i expect a game out of BETA that has atleast 90% of the bugs worked out. And if you're going a pay-to-PLAY route just charge everyone 30$ to play.

That being said paying a penny for a return..... or 10 cents for a speed up......... is hardly out of players mental reach......... and a lot of them wont even keep track of all the 10 cents they spend. And since you buy fuel in lump sums it's not like it's even a credit card issue where you're putting most of your money towards transaction fees.

And yes there are a lot of players who never pay a dime and do fine. It's not even about it being a pay-to-WIN. But as the OP said the 4 hour wait times force players to go find other games to play. Which is why games following this format have a short lifespan. The goal is to give people a taste of the game so they tell their friends and then royally changing the format. If you're going to have 4 hour play times that's fine but don't start people at 10 minutes ,then jump to an hour,and then to 4 hours and expect them to stick around.

overall agree with the OP......It's a buisness model that was only good when there was few choices......now they lack longetivity and a game with out players isn't even worth developing.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

So what are you saying? that it's sad that so many people are asking for changes and that the dev are relluctant to listen to the masses, because then it would require them to admit they were wrong?

Hurray for over-thinking.

____

Either way, DZ is not designed to be played for long hours itself. Whether you like the game or not, people tend to get bored with or without the return time penalties, it just depends on how dedicated the players are to this game, not the P2P upgrades.

Anyways, if the return time is considered long, then people wouldn't had even tried to play any of the Facebook games that requires 'energy' to play. Some of it would take 24 hours to completely recharge a full bar of energy. Yet, people still play it.

IMO, DMU is not a problem, it's just the matter of addiction and dedication to the game. Better off buying fuel packages if you guys are so supportive to CAG.

ligoccogil

ligoccogil
  • 289 posts

Hurray for over-thinking.

____

Either way, DZ is not designed to be played for long hours itself. Whether you like the game or not, people tend to get bored with or without the return time penalties, it just depends on how dedicated the players are to this game, not the P2P upgrades.

Anyways, if the return time is considered long, then people wouldn't had even tried to play any of the Facebook games that requires 'energy' to play. Some of it would take 24 hours to completely recharge a full bar of energy. Yet, people still play it.

IMO, DMU is not a problem, it's just the matter of addiction and dedication to the game. Better off buying fuel packages if you guys are so supportive to CAG.

agreed... DZ really wouldn't be any good if everyone had a DMU cause you really could build just about everything in 2 weeks and thier work arounds like requiring you to build up all your storage units just to be able to upgrade something(to get minimum required) isn't really a better solution.

Shouldn't really compare it to other games like candy crush for example.... because unlike there here there is some strategy. Candy crush thou who cares if you took a week off it wont effect your game at all. Take a week off here and your compound might get raided dozens of times and the rebuild just isn't worth it. Although again, i don't think it's wise to follow what other people are doing because there's a reason why facebook games are starting to get old... it was a bubble that is going to burst as more and more people say "theres good money in being a flash developer making facebook games".......... Quality of games are dropping and availibility is going up... Just like a job market you have to stand out not blend in.... and IMO a facebook game that gets designed to be playable with out trying to price gouge is going to make it big.

Hell they could put ad's all over the fourms and make a little bit of cash that way..... or make a wikipage for the game and put advertisements on there.... Just not get greedy and put them so blatently in the games

Anyway, all that just to say there needs to be a balance between addiction and leisure.... and there haven't even been any attempts to tweak the return times(that i've noticed) to balance the game. One day i'll get banned from this game and move on... but when a developer says "i think it's 5 days"... makes me think they just host the game....so yeah........... reducing the 4 hours down to 1 hour capping return times to 1 hour.... that's fine.

Because again the problem is as soon as you log off you can be raided and if all of your guys are out the addiction comes from not wanting to get destroyed by logging off.... and since you cant be attacked while staying logged in............Even if the less people logged in the easier it is on the servers(so another reason for 4 hour waits discouraging play)

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

The Masses? Im not sure that's true. Because you guys are the loudest doesnt make you the popular. You guys might be on the forums more because those with the DMU are playing the game and not posting on the forums.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

The Masses? Im not sure that's true. Because you guys are the loudest doesnt make you the popular. You guys might be on the forums more because those with the DMU are playing the game and not posting on the forums.

Around 250K active users according to Con

Somewhere around 200 users max posting here with any regularity.

So less than 1% of the playerbase is posting here.

So yeah, anything said here needs to be taken with a grain of salt -- the size of Mount Everest.

ligoccogil

ligoccogil
  • 289 posts

because they have DMU's so they can be in the game playing :) not waiting for their survivors to return.

But you're right there's a vast majority of people who don't even know dmu's have any effect on their game play cause it really doesnt unless you take the game seriously. Otherwise who cares if your survivors are out i hardly ever get raided.

Point being thou that you're right only 1% of the players probally do come to the fourms... 250k thou sounds a big high thou for players..... but if a large majority of the 1% of those that visit the fourm are saying it's f-ed up.... then you could easily assume that there's tons of players out there who don't come to the fourms thinking it.

So let me rephrase... the masses of fourm users..............

Edited by ligoccogil, 10 January 2014 - 08:39 AM.

zombieman426

zombieman426
  • 531 posts

Around 250K active users according to Con

Somewhere around 200 users max posting here with any regularity.

So less than 1% of the playerbase is posting here.

So yeah, anything said here needs to be taken with a grain of salt -- the size of Mount Everest.

this is off topic though, 250000 active uses...... why is there only a max of about 350 people on chat at one time in AG and FB which is 2 of the 3 sites the game is on. that just doesn't make sense 

Edited by zombieman426, 10 January 2014 - 10:46 AM.

President Bongo

President Bongo
  • 118 posts

250k players is BS. I'd believe that 250k have TRIED this game and now have an unused account. I helped a lot of people speed up their compounds so 90% of the people in my compound list are listed as 'friendly' (and permanent) and of those that started with me, most are now abandoned.The few that aren't have the DMU. Even the people who are active seem uninvested in the game. I made Level 50 in 5 weeks. Some people I started with 6 months ago are still below Level 30, which suggests they only play now and then when they are bored of other flash games (like how I always seem to play Rebuild 2 at least once every other week).

CON has a vision of this game and what you think/want doesn't matter. You play when and how CON want's you to play or you bugger off. I work at home on my computer so logging in 5 times a day is no big deal for me. but If I had a 9 to 5 job (or family, or school) I would have abandoned this game in the first month. I also use the White Flag because raiding / getting raided is pointless against DMU users who are always home and have unlimited resources (while my compound is UNDEFENDED at least 10 hours EVERY DAY.)

* Even with the DMU you 'red out' all the high buildings (with good stuff) in less than 30 minutes. Don't like that? Suck It.

* If you want to get ahead or more stuff by playing more. Suck It.

* If you want to play 10 hours just on Saturday (or 5 hours on Saturday and Sunday). Suck It.

* If you want to play just 1 hour a day instead of 15 minutes 5x a day. Buy the DMU or Suck It.

* If you want to take a week off, when you get back all your guys will be starving EVEN THOUGH YOU PRODUCE MORE FOOD/WATER THAN YOU CONSUME. For not logging in at least once per day you can Suck It.

* If you don't log in EVERY DAY. You won't get your max daily found Fuel, and you can Suck It.

You play for 15 minutes 5x a day, or pay $30 to play for 45 minutes once a day. Don't like those options. Suck It. :P

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

this is off topic though, 250000 active uses...... why is there only a max of about 350 people on chat at one time in AG and FB which is 2 of the 3 sites the game is on. that just doesn't make sense 

Because not everyone uses chat.

Because not everyone stays on the game for long periods of time (especially if they're high level and don't have the DMU).

Because not everyone plays daily.

Those come to mind off the top of my head as to why.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathmobile