250k players is BS. I'd believe that 250k have TRIED this game and now have an unused account. I helped a lot of people speed up their compounds so 90% of the people in my compound list are listed as 'friendly' (and permanent) and of those that started with me, most are now abandoned.The few that aren't have the DMU. Even the people who are active seem uninvested in the game. I made Level 50 in 5 weeks. Some people I started with 6 months ago are still below Level 30, which suggests they only play now and then when they are bored of other flash games (like how I always seem to play Rebuild 2 at least once every other week).
CON has a vision of this game and what you think/want doesn't matter. You play when and how CON want's you to play or you bugger off. I work at home on my computer so logging in 5 times a day is no big deal for me. but If I had a 9 to 5 job (or family, or school) I would have abandoned this game in the first month. I also use the White Flag because raiding / getting raided is pointless against DMU users who are always home and have unlimited resources (while my compound is UNDEFENDED at least 10 hours EVERY DAY.)
* Even with the DMU you 'red out' all the high buildings (with good stuff) in less than 30 minutes. Don't like that? Suck It.
* If you want to get ahead or more stuff by playing more. Suck It.
* If you want to play 10 hours just on Saturday (or 5 hours on Saturday and Sunday). Suck It.
* If you want to play just 1 hour a day instead of 15 minutes 5x a day. Buy the DMU or Suck It.
* If you want to take a week off, when you get back all your guys will be starving EVEN THOUGH YOU PRODUCE MORE FOOD/WATER THAN YOU CONSUME. For not logging in at least once per day you can Suck It.
* If you don't log in EVERY DAY. You won't get your max daily found Fuel, and you can Suck It.
You play for 15 minutes 5x a day, or pay $30 to play for 45 minutes once a day. Don't like those options. Suck It.