Photo

Fix Level Dependent Pvp Targets By Using Effective Level

pvp level raid target

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

kahuna

kahuna
  • 13 posts

As the pvp system now stands, getting experience and levels is bad because with levels you'll get increasingly harder pvp enemies. Optimum way to play now is by automating missions and avoiding leader exp, while hoping to get better equipment and resources to make the compound as well fortified as possible with lowest level possible.

There should be a way to handicap defenses and player gear in higher levels to make them eligible for lower levels.

My suggestions for handicaps:

Highest equipped gear level on any survivor  + leader level / 10 = allowed minimum level targets for the player.

So for example lv50 leader could equip his survivors with max lv10 weapons/gear thus allowing him to attack lv15+ players.

Maximum incoming attacker level should also be limited when the player is using lower level gear for defense. Maybe the same limit as above.

This way getting experience and levels wouldn't be a bad thing.

Agrippas

Agrippas
  • 181 posts

As the pvp system now stands, getting experience and levels is bad because with levels you'll get increasingly harder pvp enemies. Optimum way to play now is by automating missions and avoiding leader exp, while hoping to get better equipment and resources to make the compound as well fortified as possible with lowest level possible.

True, you get harder PvP opponents, but you also become a harder PvP opponent, as long as you use the newer weapons you find. But you won't be a hard opponent if you don't have great strategies. People automate missions, because they can do more in less time, thus giving them more items. Items than can make a difference in raiding/defense. A part of why they also do automated missions is because of what you said, but it's not the main reason

There should be a way to handicap defenses and player gear in higher levels to make them eligible for lower levels.

My suggestions for handicaps:

Highest equipped gear level on any survivor  + leader level / 10 = allowed minimum level targets for the player.

So for example lv50 leader could equip his survivors with max lv10 weapons/gear thus allowing him to attack lv15+ players.

Maximum incoming attacker level should also be limited when the player is using lower level gear for defense. Maybe the same limit as above.

I am very confused at what your trying to suggest. Are you saying I should wear items that are much lower level than I am, so that I can raid other players that are much lower level than I am?  This doesn't make sense at all.  Are you that bad in PvP that you decided to make this very strange idea? I would suggest getting advice on how to be a better player in PvP, than whatever this is. Using much lower level weapons than ones actual level can backfire on you when it comes to zombie raids.

This way getting experience and levels wouldn't be a bad thing.

That's your opinion. Some people want to level up, others don't. Like you, for example. But it's not a bad thing, trust me. You're just having difficulties with other players that have been attacking you or that you have attacked. It doesn't mean make ideas that are very strange so that you don't have to face harder opponents. I recommend you change your strategies. It's the best that you can do. If you keep having troubles, get a White Flag book and opt out of PvP for good.

kahuna

kahuna
  • 13 posts

Are you that bad in PvP that you decided to make this very strange idea? I would suggest getting advice on how to be a better player in PvP, than whatever this is. Using much lower level weapons than ones actual level can backfire on you when it comes to zombie raids.

Don't jump to conclusions here. It is only logical to use any means necessary to get advantage in a game. One of those means is to play the matchmaking system to one's advantage.

Gaining advantage has nothing to do with how well or how bad one plays the game. Some players do it because they want to game the game itself. Maybe my suggestions give more possibilities to do that, maybe they don't. But the suggestions will make it possible to remove the hard level limit when choosing pvp targets.

More possible pvp targets = more choice.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

Leveling up as slowly as possible, using what you suggest is indeed the best way for non-paying players to stand a chance against paying ones, otherwise you risk to end up at level 50 with equipped mostly with greens and being totally trashed by full uniqued players.

In theory, what you suggest is interesting, specially since it would really widen a lot the range of potential targets, but you are forgetting at least two very important things:

1 - That would be really unfair to low level players, them having a huge chance of facing way more experienced players and with a way better arsenal. Just remember how much you struggled at first levels to find enough decent weapons to equip your full team. Now imagine if at that time you had to face a lot of high level players that were equipping their survivors with the finest low level weapons they had collected in the meanwhile. It would suck big time, right?

2 - Is not only weapons and gear that define the overall performance of your survivors, their level plays a great part in the final stats of the weapons you equip them with for instance, not counting with the increase in base health they get each time they level up.

(Sorry about sounding so polite to tell you that your idea is not that good. I should perhaps use the mainstream trend to say that you were only asking for things to be easier because you suck as a player but, don't know why, I still think that makes me look like a jerk...)

Edited by JHPinto, 13 January 2014 - 04:43 PM.

kahuna

kahuna
  • 13 posts

1 - That would be really unfair to low level players, them having a huge chance of facing way more experienced players and with a way better arsenal

and

to say that you were only asking for things to be easier because you suck as a player but, don't know why, I still think that makes me look like a jerk...)

Which is it this time? Do you think I want harder or easier game?

1. The handicap can of course be balanced. My suggestion was just an example. If lv50 player with lv10 gear against lv15 compound is too unfair, then add +1 to the minimum allowed level until it feels fair.

2. As with point 1, the handicap can be balanced to make it feel fair.

Btw, my level is 15 atm. I want hard games and play f2p games without paying anything just to make them more challenging. Winning against against those who try to buy their way to success is much more fun and enjoyable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, level, raid, target