Allowing Multiple Spawning Points At Pvp

spawning pvp raiding

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

POPULAR

One of the things that make inside defenses so annoying (at least to me) is that in many cases I'm forced to spend a lot of time moving my guys around to attack from different angles.

Specially in a not-so-fast computer like mine, that can be really time consuming and it adds to the already long time that in many cases is needed to take down defenders sitting inside the compound, since we can't attack from the back or the side (sometimes it takes so long to take down only a couple defenders that I have no choice but to try to drive the whole raid through the initial spawning side, thing that usually never works).

Not knowing how much coding it could imply, one thing that would be a great help to me would be the ability to make my guys spawn at different points. Always within the green area of course.

I imagine something like instead of having to click only in one spot we would have to click in one different spot for each survivor to be deployed. It could be an option that we would have to activate before choosing the spawning point, the default could stay to have them grouped as now. Perhaps it would make more sense to first choose the team and only then choosing the respective spawning points.

That way it would be a lot faster, for instance, to send a guy from the opposite side of the compound to throw some grenades while defenders are distracted shooting at the main group. Or to send a ninja to smoke his way to the banner or generator. Not saying that this would be a killer tactic but I think it would definitely add a lot more strategic depth and dynamics when launching a raid. Also, I think it could help to counter the spawn-to-death issue.

The only downside I see is for other defense types, since it would eliminate the time the attacker needs to move his survivors from one cover to other, to have them closer to the defenders. But as I see it, unless you would already know very well your target's defense, choosing to spawn a single attacker too close to the defenders would be too risky for that to make a lot of difference from what we have now.

For those that care about realism (not my case), I think it also makes a lot more sense reality-wise.

(Returning to that not so distant time when we were not able to place barricades inside the compound would work even better, but while that does not happens...)

Lord Kronosian

Lord Kronosian
  • 1,119 posts

i like this i have wanted this for a long time but never posted it i could really do a pincer manuver and kill all survivors in under 3 mins if this got implemented +1 

Agrippas

Agrippas
  • 181 posts

One of the things that make inside defenses so annoying (at least to me) is that in many cases I'm forced to spend a lot of time moving my guys around to attack from different angles.

This is all you needed to say for me to support this being implemented. +1

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by Agrippas, 13 January 2014 - 05:06 PM.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

This is all you needed to say for me to support this being implemented. +1

:) Like I've said somewhere else, raiding was way more fun and balanced when we were not allowed to place barricades inside the compound...

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

One of the  8<------ snip------   not happens...)

thought about but never thought to post it. This sounds like it would eliminate the request for longer raid times some think they need...

Edited by oldgamster, 14 January 2014 - 02:48 AM.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

... This sounds like it would eliminate the request for longer raid times some think they need...

Think so also ;)

Lord Kronosian

Lord Kronosian
  • 1,119 posts
I still think raids should be increased by 1 min

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

i think raid time is fine. either you can crack that shell or not. I think multiple spawn points would be a big time saver. I can already run it in my mind!

ligoccogil

ligoccogil
  • 289 posts

Agreed...... always wondered why they wouldn't let you be a bit more strategic in a strategy game.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

I can already run it in my mind!

It's kinda exciting to think about the whole range of new strategic possibilities it would give us, right? ;) 

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

Like this idea +1

NightEagle

NightEagle
  • 298 posts

Maybe instead of making survivors spawn in different points, Con could make it so that you position your attackers in the same place and when you press 'launch' you get like a 30 second window before the real raid starts to spread your survivors out to different positions. The result is the same as what you proposed JHPinto, but I think it might be easier to adapt the current spawn system to this

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

Maybe instead of making survivors spawn in different points, Con could make it so that you position your attackers in the same place and when you press 'launch' you get like a 30 second window before the real raid starts to spread your survivors out to different positions. The result is the same as what you proposed JHPinto, but I think it might be easier to adapt the current spawn system to this

It would be way more convenient on our side to have it as I suggest, but I agree it can be more easily coded like you say. 30 secs would probably be enough. One thing though, no defenders would be visible during that time right?

NightEagle

NightEagle
  • 298 posts

One thing though, no defenders would be visible during that time right?

Yeah, I think it would be too easy if we could already see the defenders 

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

It would be way more convenient on our side to have it as I suggest, but I agree it can be more easily coded like you say. 30 secs would probably be enough. One thing though, no defenders would be visible during that time right?

Yeah, I think it would be too easy if we could already see the defenders 

well this can be looked at a couple ways.

seeing the defenders during movement phase would give the raider a big advantage.

but ... (ok ok my logic side has to voice out too and yes i know this is a video game... call this my tic...) but i have always found it odd that when viewing or setting up on a raid i can't see certain things like which bins have how much stuff in them. I can see it at my pound but here i am crawled up on the roof of a building checking this pound out ( do not tell me i can't have some kind of vision enhancement akin to binoculars.... I can use a scope...) and i can't see the bins or surv placements... ok i'm done what that part and i feel better for getting it out...

but the 30 second walk time should be landing (green) area only. of I load in on the far right upper dead end and click a surv to go to the far left dead end my surv should auto path around following the green.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

well this can be looked at a couple ways.

seeing the defenders during movement phase would give the raider a big advantage.

but ... (ok ok my logic side has to voice out too and yes i know this is a video game... call this my tic...) but i have always found it odd that when viewing or setting up on a raid i can't see certain things like which bins have how much stuff in them. I can see it at my pound but here i am crawled up on the roof of a building checking this pound out ( do not tell me i can't have some kind of vision enhancement akin to binoculars.... I can use a scope...) and i can't see the bins or surv placements... ok i'm done what that part and i feel better for getting it out...

Don't tell anyone, but I agree with you. Unfortunately, a lot of adjustments would need to be made for raiding no becoming way too easy if something like that was implemented. So perhaps Con can use it for the next Last Stand game ;)

but the 30 second walk time should be landing (green) area only. of I load in on the far right upper dead end and click a surv to go to the far left dead end my surv should auto path around following the green.

Agree. My only doubt is that I'm not sure if a fighter with an armor and a LR can travel that far in only 30 secs ;)

Mike III

Mike III
  • 344 posts

I love this idea. Now if I just hadn't reached my up vote quotas...

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

I love this idea. Now if I just hadn't reached my up vote quotas...

Don't forget to come back tomorrow then! ;)

Mike III

Mike III
  • 344 posts

hopefully it would reset by then. don't know why that damned quota thing even exists in the first place...

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

hopefully it would reset by then. don't know why that damned quota thing even exists in the first place...

So people don't circle jerk and abuse it like they already do.

But on the bright side of things, this is fairly needed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spawning, pvp, raiding