Photo

Recons Do Not Detect Decoy Traps

traps decoy traps recon trap spotting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,630 posts

It is advertised that recons can find decoy traps but I have been raiding often since joining in on the alliance wars and my recons have not spotted decoy traps, well more specifically they find traps but they do not list them as decoy ones.

anyone else have this problem? 

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

when you say find you're meaning ID. when i read find i took it to mean spot 'a' trap that is a decoy but not know that it was a decoy.

i have to say that mine is working like yours and i took it to be as planned. recons are not the bomb experts. the engineer is. i figured the recon moves through and points out the trap. if it knew it was a decoy they would be useless to place. besides i'd rather run over a decoy and save time rather than spend time disarming it. but since my recon doesn't know my engineer has to come in and disarm counting down time off the clock.

but i would be interested to know which way they are supposed to work.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,630 posts

-snip-

according to the wiki:http://tlaststand.wi...iki/Decoy_Traps

recons are the only ones supposed to find decoys, yet this is not working for me..........

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

according to the wiki:http://tlaststand.wi...iki/Decoy_Traps

recons are the only ones supposed to find decoys, yet this is not working for me..........

yep i read that. i took it to mean when it said could only be detected by recons did not mean identified.

i don't remember where i read it but the wikia is not supported by CAG nor is any info in it supposed to be confirmed by CAG. I can go in now and edit that description just like you can. I use that site only as a loose reference.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: traps, decoy traps, recon, trap spotting