Photo

Private Chat Room

private chat room people talking nonsense seriously get life

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

I heard that it was an issue, that some people just clutter in the trade channels talking, instead of actually selling or buying. So here is my proposal; Private Chat Room, so that people will have better place to do their business.

The private chatroom is just like an alliance chat-room by having it's own tab, and just like an alliance you need an invitation to get in. And once people are invited and within a chatroom, they cannot join another chatroom unless the left their current chatroom. Think of it being in a secondary alliance, but all you can do is talk through a private channel; a private tab.

Another bonus is that, chatroom multi-tabbing. That you can have multiple chatrooms opened up. So basically, you can have both Trade, and your private chat room opened. Though it requires undocking of the chat panel.

Notes:

- You can only be active in 1 chat room

- private chatroom is just like an alliance, but will only give you a tab for a private chat room.

- you can have multiple chat opened and accessed .

Edited by The Architect, 23 January 2014 - 04:40 PM.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

sounds good but the complaint is they want to have trade as their chat room so they can chat as they wait for another high level to offer an item they want.

like nikoli (sp?) suggested they want an elite chat/trade channel that is exclusive.

to carry your thought further just allow people to create a private chat channel of their own either open or with a password.

or another thought is go ahead and add a second trade tab. designate one for trading items below a certain level and then another channel for those above that level but do not restrict it from a low level going into the high level chat to watch. or you may have a low level alt and you want to be in the high level chat. i think where i was resistant to the elite chat room is it was just that elite and exclusive. just having level restrictions on items traded might work. they'd still be a chat cluttered mess.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

sounds good but the complaint is they want to have trade as their chat room so they can chat as they wait for another high level to offer an item they want.

like nikoli (sp?) suggested they want an elite chat/trade channel that is exclusive.

to carry your thought further just allow people to create a private chat channel of their own either open or with a password.

or another thought is go ahead and add a second trade tab. designate one for trading items below a certain level and then another channel for those above that level but do not restrict it from a low level going into the high level chat to watch. or you may have a low level alt and you want to be in the high level chat. i think where i was resistant to the elite chat room is it was just that elite and exclusive. just having level restrictions on items traded might work. they'd still be a chat cluttered mess.

Then multi-tab-ing.

One chatroom tab is open, and then another and another.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

my only concern is bandwidth.

but having split level trade rooms i am not opposed to. having exclusive split level trade room i do oppose. otherwise people want to chat then let them chat. but it does make me stay out of trade because quite simply the crap that this ever so important high level chat consist of isn't far from the stuff that goes on in dz0 and dz1 when they start feeding on each other.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

my only concern is bandwidth.

but having split level trade rooms i am not opposed to. having exclusive split level trade room i do oppose. otherwise people want to chat then let them chat. but it does make me stay out of trade because quite simply the crap that this ever so important high level chat consist of isn't far from the stuff that goes on in dz0 and dz1 when they start feeding on each other.

Well, better than littering themselves in the trade.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

Well, better than littering themselves in the trade.

agreed. the argument put forth is they have earned the right to chat and giggle while they wait in trade to see if something they may want comes up for trade.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

agreed. the argument put forth is they have earned the right to chat and giggle while they wait in trade to see if something they may want comes up for trade.

So, you're saying that they are entitled to loiter in the trade channel?

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

So, you're saying that they are entitled to loiter in the trade channel?

not at all. my scorn failed to come through.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

its a shame only you two are talking about this as it really is a serious issue sometimes. sure, Sev has shutdown the trade room and told players to quit using it as a regular chat room, but there not always there to babysit. to be honest, a secondary chat room already exists, it is trade1. its just that people know all the really good stuff is in trade0 so they go there and see if they cant get lucky. it also doesn't help that as long as there is room in trade0, you automatically default there. so when lvl 10-20s come into the room trying to peddle there (usually) mediocre gear, they just get ignored or laughed at. in all reality, if casual players/low levels with decent loot would start using trade1 as their main trade room, that would help solve a lot of these issues.

sorry if any of this was unclear, its just really late and im tired. guess I should avoid making posts so late in the night from now on huh?

zombieman426

zombieman426
  • 531 posts

meh why not, take an upvote 

Ancuta

Ancuta
  • 33 posts

But the chat room is divided into trade and public. However they actually have some features like muting players and also private messages which can be beneficial when you want to talk to players. 

Recently there has been new terms and conditions concerning chat, but I'm sure most players didn't read these before accessing the chat room... sadly :/

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

But the chat room is divided into trade and public. However they actually have some features like muting players and also private messages which can be beneficial when you want to talk to players. 

Recently there has been new terms and conditions concerning chat, but I'm sure most players didn't read these before accessing the chat room... sadly :/

It's called

Whisper  - /w (player name)

Block - /b (player name)

Ancuta

Ancuta
  • 33 posts

Cool :) didn't know. I usually just click their names :P

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

i have really been letting this roll around in my head a lot since this thread was posted. The more i think about split level trade channels that are open and not restricted as to who can be in there just what level items are supposed to be traded the more i like it.

trade 10 - (20 or 25) and

trade (20 or 25) - X

i still like the idea of being able to have a private channel that any one can join at your invitation open or password access.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: private, chat, room, people, talking, nonsense, seriously, get, life