Photo

Compound Surveillance System For Raids

raiding defense idea surveillance security compound

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Kurtis Stryker

Kurtis Stryker
  • 4 posts

So I just went raiding, and cleaned out the entire outpost. As I was pillaging the player's resources, I felt a moment of remorse and sympathy for the hapless player, who would only know whom had attacked him, and not in the ingenious fashion that I had assailed his base with. That's when the idea hit me for a Surveillance System for compounds, in order to make base defense more effective. With a player is attacked, all he gets via. notification, is the casualty ratio of the assault, resources siphoned, and who had attacked him. This DOES allow the player to extract his revenge, but it doesn't prevent an enemy from attacking in the same or different method, in order to achieve the most successful raid.

Thus the surveillance system. It would provide a more challenging and unique experience for raiders, and give defenders a chance to gain experience as to conducting the defense of their outposts. The system should be available in the level 10-20's area, and should use up electronic components, plastic, wires, etc. Perhaps it should be upgrade-able, to extend duration of surveillance, going from say, 30 seconds from the first shots fired, to the full duration of a raid. Maybe there would even be anti-surveillance devices for raiders that would take the place of grenade slots, and block out the system for 30-45 seconds. 

I honestly think this would be an effective tool for defenses, and would put an interesting spin on the game. What do you guys think?

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

Already suggested.

Already shot down.

Reason being, it would strain the servers with a massive amount of data, forcing CAG to buy a lot more.

Kurtis Stryker

Kurtis Stryker
  • 4 posts

Ouch. That's a shame.

Ancuta

Ancuta
  • 33 posts

Awesome idea :) you have good arguments. At some point it hurts to hear that a lot of ideas perish at some point. I can only say that in order to succeed one must invest. Lot's of successful businesses have succeeded because they made the impossible possible. It requires investment and it's about giving the customers what they want. We can only hope that for the best in the future and I am sure that most ideas will be taken into consideration for the final release of this game :)

- I normally use my traps as an indicator to where to improve my compound, but that would not be useful in your case if you "completely damage" the compound *-*

Another idea could be some kind of "raid" report for the hapless player ^.^ . It doesn't necessarily have to be a footage of the raid, but just a picture of you compound showing from which side the raid took place. This will help the player improve his defense.  

Edited by Ancuta, 26 January 2014 - 08:35 PM.

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

Awesome idea :) At some point it hurts to hear that a lot of ideas perish at some point. I can only say that in order to succeed one must invest. Lot's of successful businesses have succeeded because they made the impossible possible. It requires investment and it's about giving the customers what they want. We can only hope that for the best in the future and I am sure that most ideas will be taken into consideration for the final release of this game :)

Except it's impossible for companies to invest money that they don't possess. Con Artist Games isn't a AAA developer or publishing monopoly, remember that.

Edited by Bruce Lee, 26 January 2014 - 08:38 PM.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

What Bruce said. I think CAG is a 5 person team? Last i heard their magic code writing wand was fresh out of charges so they are actually having to write this stuff themselves. I worked closely with software programers at a previous incarnation. simple changes are not that simple. but more to the point on this the storage of the information for these raids with as many as take place in a day would require a server farm that i don't think they have. then the band width for people to stream if they want to. or even send it to an email address. I record my raids and the ones taking nearly the full time limit are over 70mb in size. that doesn't sound like much but raids are running nearly full time around the clock.

but i do think it's nice you each up voted each other! lol as an aside those votes are just a function of this software and isn't used for anything as for as ratings that CAG looks at. you see there have been abusers that created many multi accounts and they would up vote their own ideas and spam down vote others. so anyways it's still nice.

but more to the point i even suggested just a text synopsis to be emailed giving play by play events in the order that they happened. thing is i don't think by what i have gleaned from the responses from CAG that I have read that they even have logging turned on.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Said it before and I'll say it again...

Not worth the server space/bandwidth for something that most people after the initial "oh neat" factor has worn off will bother to look at.

Doubt even the larger game developers, never mind one the size of ConArtists, would invest the time, effort and more importantly money for something with so little a return.

Hezm

Hezm
  • 434 posts

Best way to build good defence is to attack some compounds so you'd get idea how AI, traps, different weapons etc works.

I'ts easy to notice if my target has experience on raiding or not. Raiders usually have much harder setups and they require more tricks to break.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raiding, defense, idea, surveillance, security, compound