Photo

No Dmu On Kong Discussion Continued

Death Mobile Upgrade Kongregate Kong DMU

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

TaquitoChris

TaquitoChris
  • 22 posts

I know you (Con) mentioned that a consensus was reached as far as the death mobile upgrade on Kongregate, but there are still some major issues that I hope are addressed before your solution is implemented. I'm posting this in hopes that you give us time to have a better discussion about your solution. Discussions were closed on the previous thread, but there are things that I hope are addressed.

Here is the link for those of you unfamiliar with this topic:
http://forum.conarti...litz#entry61039

The concern I have with proposed solution is that removing the proposed book from the store does not wipe the slate clean. A player can stock up on these DMU books and they can exist on Kong long after they have been removed from the store. These players will have a significant advantage over non-paying players.

A big reason many players like this game is that it doesn't feel like a pay to win game. The advantage of having DMU effects over non-DMU are too strong. 

Please support this thread if you would like this topic discussed further. Thanks!

AraLucifer

AraLucifer
  • 11 posts

I believe that it is unnecessary on Kong... We the players on Kong prefer not to have the DMU. It will make Unis more common and ruin the Kong economy. We don't want that. Con wants more money but wouldn't he lose money like this... Or is he trying to pull a last ditch effort? Some say he wants to uni the three servers and Sev mentioned that only 2% of Kong pays for game... I think we all call bullshit. The DMU is not wanted. But I believe Mik Linked a picture that show are thought don't matter he just wants them for reference. I say no to DMU. 

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

What if he were to make the book not tradeable after it is removed, if it gets to that? They are able to make that happen if they do so wish. I'm not a fan of the book and wish the book wasn't coming to Kong but just giving a viable option. I am, however, a supporter of the DMU on kong but that's not what this is about. Truthfully, I don't see this thread being open for very long before being locked. 

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

posted same comment twice

Edited by justinsr316, 03 February 2014 - 04:01 AM.

Jackal138

Jackal138
  • 21 posts

I want the DMU on kong. I think it would be good for the game and good for new players to help them catch up with uniques. The problem is with people saying it will ruin the game. I dont believe this. I was totally against wars from the start because i felt it would encourage bullying. It hasnt really. The DMU will not affect the economy like people think it will. The chance of finding uniques is higher when we all have the 10% shiny boost in alliances. The DMU does not guarantee a unique. The DMU is just a perm. thing to buy to enhance your gaming experience. I personally would love it. I hate waiting around to play levels and try out new strategies for levels or weapon setups. I hope Con considers the DMU and if he chooses to have a a test run of it i hope it isnt a book because that would take up a spot that i dont need taken. Would rather it be like the 26 day protection you can purchase.

Also the thing people are saying about the game would be flooded with uniques is silly. There is good uniques and there is bad ones. chances are the game would have just more bad ones. I think once the DMU is installed people will get over it and more people will spend more time and money on the game.

It will not give a leg up on non playing players. That is a choice each gamer makes when they decide to purchase fuel packs or grind it out. just depends on what type of game you want to play.

AraLucifer

AraLucifer
  • 11 posts

What if he were to make the book not tradeable after it is removed, if it gets to that? They are able to make that happen if they do so wish. I'm not a fan of the book and wish the book wasn't coming to Kong but just giving a viable option. I am, however, a supporter of the DMU on kong but that's not what this is about. Truthfully, I don't see this thread being open for very long before being locked. 

Con doesn't care I believe. Both the book and DMU would be tragedies to Kong since we are used to the system we use now. I agree with you about this thread being locked. 

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

I believe that it is unnecessary on Kong... We the players on Kong prefer not to have the DMU. It will make Unis more common and ruin the Kong economy. We don't want that. Con wants more money but wouldn't he lose money like this... Or is he trying to pull a last ditch effort? Some say he wants to uni the three servers and Sev mentioned that only 2% of Kong pays for game... I think we all call bullshit. The DMU is not wanted. But I believe Mik Linked a picture that show are thought don't matter he just wants them for reference. I say no to DMU. 

Also in response to Ara, you are wrong. It's not THE PLAYERS that don't want it. SOME players don't want the DMU. There is a decent amount that do want the DMU, myself being one of them. How can you call bullshit on 2% paying for the game? If anything,  I would say even less than 2% put money into the game. But don't be mistaken and misquote, don't say that all players hate the idea of the DMU because many, in fact, do want the DMU there. 

AraLucifer

AraLucifer
  • 11 posts

Con doesn't care I believe. Both the book and DMU would be tragedies to Kong since we are used to the system we use now. I agree with you about this thread being locked. 

I want the DMU on kong. I think it would be good for the game and good for new players to help them catch up with uniques. The problem is with people saying it will ruin the game. I dont believe this. I was totally against wars from the start because i felt it would encourage bullying. It hasnt really. The DMU will not affect the economy like people think it will. The chance of finding uniques is higher when we all have the 10% shiny boost in alliances. The DMU does not guarantee a unique. The DMU is just a perm. thing to buy to enhance your gaming experience. I personally would love it. I hate waiting around to play levels and try out new strategies for levels or weapon setups. I hope Con considers the DMU and if he chooses to have a a test run of it i hope it isnt a book because that would take up a spot that i dont need taken. Would rather it be like the 26 day protection you can purchase.

Also the thing people are saying about the game would be flooded with uniques is silly. There is good uniques and there is bad ones. chances are the game would have just more bad ones. I think once the DMU is installed people will get over it and more people will spend more time and money on the game.

It will not give a leg up on non playing players. That is a choice each gamer makes when they decide to purchase fuel packs or grind it out. just depends on what type of game you want to play.

That's the thing I dont want they should work just as hard as we did! It wouldnt make since! Unis wouldn't cost as much! DMU also Increases Chance you do more missions and have a higher percent do to the amount of missions you run. It is a Loot:Time ratio. Unis are more common on AG and FB than Kong. I rather keep it the way it is. 

AraLucifer

AraLucifer
  • 11 posts

That's the thing I dont want they should work just as hard as we did! It wouldnt make since! Unis wouldn't cost as much! DMU also Increases Chance you do more missions and have a higher percent do to the amount of missions you run. It is a Loot:Time ratio. Unis are more common on AG and FB than Kong. I rather keep it the way it is. 

Also in response to Ara, you are wrong. It's not THE PLAYERS that don't want it. SOME players don't want the DMU. There is a decent amount that do want the DMU, myself being one of them. How can you call bullshit on 2% paying for the game? If anything,  I would say even less than 2% put money into the game. But don't be mistaken and misquote, don't say that all players hate the idea of the DMU because many, in fact, do want the DMU there. 

I apologize I am on radio probably most of the day except when at work or in classes. And when I am on everyone says no to the DMU. I am sorry I truly don't speak for everyone on Kong. 

ironmaidenxp

ironmaidenxp
  • 105 posts

the problem of DMU is that unbalances the game, the big problem is not finding more uniques, is for all these thing like grenades,ammo, meds and component you can get easily. now you need to manage your ammo,meds and grenados, but with DMU you can use these thing without any cost, if you need you can loot until get enought in short time and raid with a lot of equipment instanttly without wait return of your survivors , for non-DMU user that is very unfair.

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

So are you calling Con a liar when he says that part of the reason that there are such a massive amount of unis on AG/FB is that they have wayyyyy more players than kong? Sure there will be more unis but guess what, the economy is already dead on kong. You guys don't realize it, hardly anybody trades anymore. The economy is set by a very select few people and everyone else must follow their rules, it's dead man. 

To the naysayers that say "the game will be imbalanced"... is it not already imbalanced? A very short amount of people own probably 90% of the big  PVP weapons and gear. Then we can say a very short amount own probably 60% of the great PVE uni's as well. Is that very balanced? A lvl 1 comes into the game and he has absolutely no shot whatsoever because the extreme uni rich players own massive storages of PVP unis then create alts to farm the war system's low lvl guys. They have no chance to survive against the alts of DZ when they must choose one of 2 options;

Option 1: They can get into the Alliance wars and try to compete with very very very sub par weapons against the high percent of alts on kong and their uni and rare PVP gear and get destroyed but they don't have time to run missions because it would take away from their alliances war. 

Option 2: they aren't able to fully be involved in the wars because they have to try and equip themselves with weapons/gear/meds/nades/etc. They are never "equipped enough to raid" because once they get good enough sportshots then they run into M24s. Once they get some decent FAL's, they hit PSG's and must loot those to match against the lvl 30 players and etc. 

If the DMU is implemented then a new player can purchase the DMU and allow himself a chance to enjoy both PVE and PVP at a early lvl. It also allows them to equip themselves more fully while still having the time to raid and not hurt his alliance. DMU won't break the war systems.. the war system is alive and well on the other server. You wanna question Con's numbers? ask him how many trades happen per player on AG/FB compared to Kong.. I bet you that there are way more trades on AG/FB than kong. I would actually bet a few of my nice uni's that is the case. So, it won't break wars, it won't fully break trades. 

The only logical argument that I have heard from the massive amount of people that I have spoken with in PM about the DMU on kong is "I worked hard for my stuff, they should too". I understand this argument as I have a very large uni stack that I worked very very hard for twice (since I quit once and gave everything I had away and started over at lvl 25).  I would rather see the game become a better game overall than to be greedy. 

Edit: for those that say "it gives pay to play guys too much of an advantage." do you mean to tell me that guys that buy the big fuel pack don't get an advantage?

Edited by justinsr316, 03 February 2014 - 04:18 AM.

Jackal138

Jackal138
  • 21 posts

well said Justinsr.

ironmaidenxp

ironmaidenxp
  • 105 posts

So are you calling Con a liar when he says that part of the reason that there are such a massive amount of unis on AG/FB is that they have wayyyyy more players than kong? Sure there will be more unis but guess what, the economy is already dead on kong. You guys don't realize it, hardly anybody trades anymore. The economy is set by a very select few people and everyone else must follow their rules, it's dead man. 

To the naysayers that say "the game will be imbalanced... is it not already imbalanced? A very short amount of people own probably 90% of the big  PVP weapons and gear. Then we can say a very short amount own probably 60% of the great PVE uni's as well. Is that very balanced? A lvl 1 comes into the game and he has absolutely no shot whatsoever because the extreme uni rich players own massive storages of PVP unis then create alts to farm the war system's low lvl guys. They have no chance to survive against the alts of DZ when they must choose one of 2 options;

Option 1: They can get into the Alliance wars and try to compete with very very very sub par weapons against the high percent of alts on kong and their uni and rare PVP gear and get destroyed but they don't have time to run missions because it would take away from their alliances war. 

Option 2: they aren't able to fully be involved in the wars because they have to try and equip themselves with weapons/gear/meds/nades/etc. They are never "equipped enough to raid" because once they get good enough sportshots then they run into M24s. Once they get some decent FAL's, they hit PSG's and must loot those to match against the lvl 30 players and etc. 

If the DMU is implemented then a new player can purchase the DMU and allow himself a chance to enjoy both PVE and PVP at a early lvl. It also allows them to equip themselves more fully while still having the time to raid and not hurt his alliance. DMU won't break the war systems.. the war system is alive and well on the other server. I You wanna question Con's numbers.. ask him how many trades happen per player on AG/FB compared to Kong.. I bet you that there are way more trades on AG/FB than kong. I would actually bet a few of my nice uni's that is the case. So, it won't break wars, it won't fully break trades. 

The only logical argument that I have heard from the massive amount of people that I have spoken with in PM about the DMU on kong is "I worked hard for my stuff, they should too". I understand this argument as I have a very large uni stack that I worked very very hard for twice (since I quit once and gave everything I had away and started over at lvl 25).  I would rather see the game become a better game overall than to be greedy. 

Edit: for those that say "it gives pay to play guys too much of an advantage." do you mean to tell me that guys that buy the big fuel pack don't get an advantage?

quote : "Edit: for those that say "it gives pay to play guys too much of an advantage." do you mean to tell me that guys that buy the big fuel pack don't get an advantage?"

yeah, the player that buy fuel have advantage, but is little and not in time return, buy time return is expensive, so they cant do a lot of missions, but user with DMU  have a lot of advantage because he can get easily all these like grenades,meds,ammo, now if you dont have ammo, you cant raid, so you need do mission and wait return of your survivors, but with dmu you can loot all these thing in short time and raid instantly.

dead account here

dead account here
  • 333 posts

Personally, I believe that the DMU is not in the best interest of the game. If we can just spam missions, we're gonna lockout the map really quick. And if we can spam said missions, we can grab unis a lot faster because we can do many missions very quickly. And if we can grab unis very quickly...yeah, the economy's gonna go to crap like this wise sage said. http://forum.conarti...ge-3#entry61040

May I also said that if you want DMU so much, there's Armor Games and Facebook available for you guys. If you guys all want DMU, go there instead of complaining about how you don't have DMU on Kong! It's ridiculous how you guys say that "it won't unbalance the game", but don't you look at the economy on AG/FB! What's the value of a uni over there? Don't you feel a sense of accomplishment when you find a uni? Or are you really so emotionless that you don't care about the unis you get? I cared when I scavenged my first uni. Cared enough that I refused to trade it for several weeks. I still remember the excitement of finding it...and I don't want to know that unis are so common that they drop like flies when I find more...I want to know that I worked for it and it was with my time that I found it. Don't you feel that way when YOU find a uni? (Well...Kong supporters of DMU, that is?)

Edited by SPARTANXG117, 03 February 2014 - 04:28 AM.

Jackal138

Jackal138
  • 21 posts

Why would i go play on AG or FB when i have an account here? I dont need to join there because i like supporting DZ and Kong. No one has complained about not having a DMU on Kong. We are just stating our opinions on what we like or dont like about DMU coming to Kong.

edit.... also i am not excited about finding a uni until i see the stats. i have found many uniques i was disappointed with.

Edited by Jackal138, 03 February 2014 - 04:30 AM.

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

May I also said that if you want DMU so much, there's Armor Games and Facebook available for you guys. If you guys all want DMU, go there instead of complaining about how you don't have DMU on Kong! It's ridiculous how you guys say that "it won't unbalance the game", but don't you look at the economy on AG/FB! What's the value of a uni over there? Don't you feel a sense of accomplishment when you find a uni? Or are you really so emotionless that you don't care about the unis you get? I cared when I scavenged my first uni. Cared enough that I refused to trade it for several weeks. I still remember the excitement of finding it...and I don't want to know that unis are so common that they drop like flies when I find more...I want to know that I worked for it and it was with my time that I found it. Don't you feel that way when YOU find a uni? (Well...Kong supporters of DMU, that is?)

I don't wish to go to AG. I have an account on AG that I abandoned to continue my account on Kong. Why? Because kong is where I have played for over a year. Kong is where I know everybody at, where I have built up my collections at, have built my rep at of who I am as a player and person, built up front page of most notorious and one of the best alliances on the server. Why can't I support the game in the way that I would like? If you don't like it, why don't you go play a different game? Just saying, that kind of remark is usually confrontational and should be left out of any civil debate about an item. 

As Jackal said, there are many times that I am pretty disappointed about the uni that I find when I see it. I have ran a random mission at a lower lvl area just to sync my return times together and i see a certain kind of uni come up on the left side and debate refreshing my mission cuz 1) it's garbage and 2)  the name isn't even good. Sure you have that excitement when you first see orange come across the side but you're saying that the excitement won't still be there with the DMU? If you want more balance then lets nerf all uni's. Let us throw them all in the recycler, rares too... that will balance the game! Let's go for perfect balance, no craft boosts either, or alliance boosts. Sound good? All weapons will have the same base stats across the board with no chance for improvements. Wait a minute, that probably doesn't sound like a good idea! So then, balance isn't the argument. 

Economy? What is economy in this game? What is a uni worth? I find it very odd that you would link Jame's post when you wish to argue economy and worth. Let's see you try and buy a uni from James and then you tell me about worth. Anyways, I don't wish to bash during this post. Sure the economy will be DIFFERENT but it won't be dead. Uni's will still sell, books will still sell. 

Edited by justinsr316, 03 February 2014 - 05:02 AM.

Hot_Mom

Hot_Mom
  • 30 posts

For me its simple, if the DMU price is cash only then no, because it will ruin the economy a lot, player like me will have a really hard time selling my stuff, because at the same time there are player that have a lot of unique selling their stuff beside me, and of course people will always go to quality over quantity. But on the other hand if the DMU price can be purchased by fuel then yes, i would like to see it, because i can have easier time playing this game.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

I play on both AG and Kong. I can tell you that in my time on AG with the DMU that to date I have found 3 unis in about 4 months. I am not sure how you say that me with my DMU is killing the game. I do run many many auto missions. enough that already this war i ran 16,513 water out of 94,000 needed plus a huge amount in the other 3 tasks. that's 17.5 % of the water by myself and i have only found 3 unis.

What finds unis is not the DMU and number of runs. The game has some algorithms that provide diminishing returns once you find a uni. there are several rolls against different tables in order for an item to make it to uni. You can look the discussions up and Con, maybe it was Sev, can't remember spoke about these very things. If there is more unis on AG/fb then it is because there is a larger population base out searching with the appropriate books equipped in order to better their rolls against those tables.

As for the value of the uni dropping I can say every uni i have asked about on AG/fb is out of my reach. even the junk not worth having. and not having uni's has not ruined my game. I am raiding with green and blues. i am the second highest scorer on war points in my current alliance and the DMU does not affect that in any way shape or form.

edit: deleted a line by accident.

Edited by oldgamster, 03 February 2014 - 05:05 AM.

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

-snip-

Thank you gamester. We have a couple of DMU users from AG on the kong and some are for it and they say that it won't kill the game in the least bit. In fact, look at the game over there, it's alive and well with a very steady heartbeat. I love Kong so I don't want to switch, would like for my site to have a healthy pulse as well. I have never put any cash into this game, some kreds that I earned from surveys is all, but I would put money into it only if DMU comes to Kong. Now, I'm not trying to give Con an ultimatum with this statement, like many of the the DMU haters have (crying and saying that they will quit and never spend money again if it comes), just giving my own viewpoint and stance on the matter. I will enjoy the game with or without the DMU but I will enjoy it more with it. 

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

Thank you gamester. We have a couple of DMU users from AG on the kong and some are for it and they say that it won't kill the game in the least bit. In fact, look at the game over there, it's alive and well with a very steady heartbeat. I love Kong so I don't want to switch, would like for my site to have a healthy pulse as well. I have never put any cash into this game, some kreds that I earned from surveys is all, but I would put money into it only if DMU comes to Kong. Now, I'm not trying to give Con an ultimatum with this statement, like many of the the DMU haters have (crying and saying that they will quit and never spend money again if it comes), just giving my own viewpoint and stance on the matter. I will enjoy the game with or without the DMU but I will enjoy it more with it. 

i think you have an abandoned pound on AG/fb? fire it back up and feed those survs and come play here too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Death Mobile Upgrade, Kongregate, Kong, DMU