• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

POPULAR

best way to find uniques is as follows

1. Run missions

*optional* Add looters in for more chances at potentially getting a uniques. 

The end

credits Frostedd. He knows better. Thanks him for this superb and articulate guide, especially on how to find books and premium hats once per week. You can't find a better one anywhere.

Edited by Ian Cofaff, 08 February 2014 - 09:10 PM.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

-1 after few seconds for what? if you are not a troll, tell who you are, and why...

Edited by Ian Cofaff, 03 February 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

-1 after few seconds for what? if you are not a troll, tell who you are, and why...

People vote down people's contributions and don't even comment! Sigh 

An excellent post Ian, though i'm going to pick you up on the Furious Search.  In my experience Furious Search does what it says on the tin but has absolutely no effect on finding quality items. That is to say, you find more stuff, but a great deal of junk; not potentially useful blues or purples, or any more books than you would normally find; not more gear that each has a probability of being a unique, regardless if you find five or fifteen guns on a mission as a result of the Furious Search. This is probably quite useful to lower level players, and players without the DMU who generally need absolutely everything they can out of a mission, but in no way effects the probability of finding uniques or other 'quality items.' If I am blazing for uniques, I would far prefer to equip a One man's trash book, to lower the quantity of non-quality items.

I feel I will add a further almost obligatory point in this thread, though. Since the introduction of the Alliance boosts, the chances of finding uniques without the boost seems to have almost gone out of the window. I'm quite a busy player with a year's worth of experience under my belt, and i'm finding about one a week at the moment, down from one a day; and a lot of dead 15% looters to boot as well, and that's with a lot of gaming time; far more than your average player. I've found two in about ten days.

Looters seem to be broken as well. Five 15% looters in a row with temp shinys, yielding a mediocre rares seems like something is up. 

+1 though

Edited by Harpago, 03 February 2014 - 05:19 PM.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

Harpago... Thanks for your comment. In my opinion, using 5 looter books in a row is like throwing 4 in the fire.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Oh, granted, I didn't mean all in one go. In fact i've been conscious to spread them out over the days just so I can get good shots at Newtown given how scarce my experience of uniques has become! 

Mech

Mech
  • 37 posts

Nice topic it sounds really good

Charlie

Charlie
  • 207 posts

An excellent post Ian, though i'm going to pick you up on the Furious Search.  In my experience Furious Search does what it says on the tin but has absolutely no effect on finding quality items.

Furious search gives you just a slight edge. +10% more items is +1% more quality (green+) items. it just not very noticeable, but still an edge.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

Peoples are abusing downvote system... you need a week at least to trash my idea, you have to test it.... I wish that admins can solve this.... I never rant for downvotes, but in that case, i'm sorry, i have to. And if you downvote me because DMU is mandatory, the fault is not mine.

Edited by Ian Cofaff, 03 February 2014 - 06:45 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

1 - I play on Kong (where there is no DMU currently), my 50+ unique items say otherwise.  Though for this plan, I can see why you need it.

2 - I have found fuel and unique items on the same mission, somewhere around 25% of the time, so no.

3 - Offices and Warehouses do not have any more fuel than any other location.   More important is WHEN you start looting.   The fuel cap is reset each day at the same time (there are several posts/threads in the forum which document this).  With a good peak oil book (doesn't need to be 50%) you'll hit the fuel cap within the first few missions run regardless of location.   How do I know?  Well since I don't have the DMU I don't waste my time with offices, but I always hit the cap, at/near the same time each day.  As far as making sure the books are working, yeah that's a given.   Since I don't have the DMU, I do played missions when I use looter books.  Knowing which containers my drop weapons/gear and which containers don't is very important.   Go through all the weapons locations, then refresh, repeat.

4 - Apophenia again.   I've gotten unique items on the first mission of the day, but I don't assume that if I'm going to get a unique that day, it's going to be the first mission of the day -- that's just illogical.

5 - Looting weapons locations a priority?  check.   Looting warehouses too?  Well if you have the DMU sure, otherwise it's just a waste of time, warehouses have more weapons locations than all other non-weapon locations, but still less than ones where weapons are a priority.

6 - It has been said by Con that your chances of finding a unique go down if you find one.  So yes don't waste temp books after you've found one.   That being said, its possible to loot more than one unique per day (I've done it).  It's even possible to loot two unique items in the same mission -- in the same container.

---

Looter books:  Have about 30 in my inventory right now, none of which came from looting warehouses.

Shiny: ten 4% perms and bunch of temps (thrown out more temps than I care to count), none of which came from offices.

Hats:  Played missions is 100% correct, you'll never get a hat on auto.  And certain hats are more common in certain areas (UCPD hats in police stations for instance).   Baseball caps and bandana's can be found just about anywhere though.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Fair enough Charlie, i've just never seen that slight bonus realistically translate into shiny orange things in my experience.

@Ian, I wouldn't worry about voting up or down to be honest. If this entire website is built on the basis of people voting threads up or down I can only laugh from afar. If on the other hand genuinely interesting or helpful comments are posted that some find useful or interesting, then cool.

A thread title is usually enough to attract any interest from me, or ignored. My eyes don't zoom in on votes. :)

matteofumagalli

matteofumagalli
  • 213 posts

your guide is good and well explained but i dont agree with you about  point n 2.

I often found uni and fuel togheter, another thing is about your point n5 in this case i agree wiht zingman.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

Zingman, sure you can find more than one uni within a very short time.... Take a look at my picture. 3 uni and a rare in 20 minutes of looter 15 and ooh shiny.

Talking about going in similar building (considering a street a building too), it's really useful, at least to me.

DMU helps you farm much more uni than everything else... I found myself more than 150 unis in 6 months of playing. Most of those unis have been sold or given away for free to low level players or friends. Anyway, thanks all for your feedback, i think this could be the best topic that can really clarify how to find more.  Since past 2 weeks, i think that i've found 20 uni more or less ( it's probably more).

EDIT:

Sold means traded in chat room, not sold for money.... If anyone is asking himself

2nd Edit: How many looter book can you find everyday Zingman? cause i can find 2 or 3. Not always looter 15, it's obvious. But since you play on Kong and I play on FB, even if you have a great knowledge of the game, you have a great knowledge of what actually happens on Kong, so I think that players playing on Kong doesn't have the same knowledge as players playing on FB ( or even AG). My guide, not only let you find uniques if you don't regulary, it actually boosts your finding a lot.

Edited by Ian Cofaff, 04 February 2014 - 10:39 AM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Oh, granted, I didn't mean all in one go. In fact i've been conscious to spread them out over the days just so I can get good shots at Newtown given how scarce my experience of uniques has become! 

Oh I just found a nice lvl 41 unique MP7 using a looter, so talk about moaning about something and being instantly proved wrong. 

There you go :)

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

you find it by chance or you have looted doing what i've suggested in the OP? since new areas started, i've found like 7 lvl 41, 5 lvl 40, and many others 39 38 37..... even 2 uni ranged m24 lvl 41 and a uni m417 ranged... someone gave me six unis for that.. i'm not a raider, i play only to find uniques now

Edit: One suggestion about place where to find fuel. As Zingman said, it's true, you can find fuel everywhere. But going inside offices or warehouses it means that you will not waste weapons places to find it. And now i understand even more thanks to your suggestions. You claim that you have a 25 percent of chances to find a uni and fuel in same mission. Since you play on Kong, you don't have DMU, so you will play less. Then it's easier to find a uni and fuel in the same mission if you don't have DMU, cause items must drop anyway. But that doesn't means that having or not having the DMU it's the same thing. I can find 2 or 3 uni every day. How many can you Zingman?

Edited by Ian Cofaff, 03 February 2014 - 10:23 PM.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

4 - Apophenia again.   I've gotten unique items on the first mission of the day, but I don't assume that if I'm going to get a unique that day, it's going to be the first mission of the day -- that's just illogical.

It's illogical because you misunderstood my claim, you put in my hands words i've never wrote...  Read again point 4 and i'm sure you will get it this time.

And i'm starting to think that you can't get the whole post because you don't have DMU. I have to ask for peoples playing on Kong to retain to post here, you can only mess it up. I suggest you to open a topic on How to find uniques on Kong, cause it's a completely different story. Thanks

Edit: This morning, and i wasn't looting since (24h) yesterday after looting session, i've found 2 uniques while using looter 15 shiny 4 and furious 18.... then i've stopped for a couple of hours and guess what? I've found the third after doing 10 large warehouses. 1 uni combat knife, 1 uni motor vest , and 1 uni recon vest. so all this story that  there is 1/10000 chances to find unis is just a rumor. Count 80 auto missions since yesterday. I've found 4 uniques. And I repeat, for me, on FB, using what i have described in the original post, it's more or less like this everyday. https://imagizer.ima...90/843/9sn0.png those are the first two

Edit 2: I went to a level 11 security and guess what? First played mission and i've found a green bandana... ... look at the weapons and gears that i've looted too...

Edited by Ian Cofaff, 04 February 2014 - 02:13 PM.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

First day in the new suburbs... Looter 10 shiny 4 furious 16...

yika.png

The weapon is level 45 and the armor is level 47.... Peoples can think this is just luck.... i keep on proving my points day after day.

Edited by Ian Cofaff, 06 February 2014 - 09:26 AM.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

ahh, question for you. have you noticed any of these books or your strategy NOT stacking well with the item alliance boost? cause ive tried 10 and 15 looters with shiny and FS on and not even found a rare. but I use a 1% looter and get 2 uniques. 

edit: that is with the boost on I meant, I really haven't tried without the boost on

Edited by Hatchford, 06 February 2014 - 01:46 PM.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

Finally someone that understands games mechanics. You are right.

Edited by Ian Cofaff, 06 February 2014 - 01:46 PM.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

DMU is like you are buying the game. If you want to play totally for free, that is what you get. DMU is the only thing i've payed for, because i like the game. Pay to win means that i have always to pay to win. My post proved the opposite. If you don't want to spend 30 dollars to buy the game, what do yu want? Do you believe that the developers are there for you? Grow up, the world doesn't wait anyone. Instead of being thanksful for what i've shared, you can only rant about pay to win. You would not be able to find any unique even if someone is gifting you some. Stay on topic.

Edited by Ian Cofaff, 07 February 2014 - 07:44 AM.

Foxi Shandris

Foxi Shandris
  • 163 posts

Pay to win means that i have always to pay to win.

Not necessarily.  Pay once, get OP items, rule a server. I'm not saying I want the developers to shower me down with rares and uniques whenever I please.  Hell, I'm not even worried about them, to begin with.  But the point in which you start charging your free players to rule the server (essentially what the deathmobile does, with it's five minute travel which can automatically be sped up to instant) is the point where you need to rethink your game a bit.

I am on topic, thank you very much.  And I wasn't ranting until now.  As I've said before: I could give a damn about rares and uniques. 

Now, I understand that people like to support the developers, and props to them.  But the deathmobile is ridiculous for previously stated reasons.  Free players are left in the dust.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uniques