Guide On How To Find Uniques, Looter Books, Premium Hats

uniques

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Charlie

Charlie
  • 207 posts

Free players are left in the dust.

As they should be. You dont want to pay for the game you like - it will cost you time.

And btw, i dont have DMU.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

Holy words Charlie. It's nice to read from nice peoples from time to time.

Foxi Shandris

Foxi Shandris
  • 163 posts

As they should be. You dont want to pay for the game you like - it will cost you time.

And btw, i dont have DMU.

It's not a matter of wanting to pay, sometimes.  I'm currently struggling to find a job and just barely making ends meet as it is, so it's a bit annoying to play a game I love only to be on the bottom because I don't have the money to buy the server.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

Well, the glitch is not a glitch, it's the big prize from new boxes... 1000 fuel. Thanks Con for the answer. I feel ashamed now

Zqqn

Zqqn
  • 90 posts

Yes your skills at having your compound wrecked is very advanced.

That's just BS. Just because Ian doesn't focus on raiding does not mean he is not advanced at looting. 

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

I have followed this topic for a few days now and I believe that the O.P. probably has had incredible luck in looting uniques. I believe its about missions run. When I was running 200+ missions a day, i would find about a unique a day. Most were trash, so I stopped running low levels and decided to focus on quality instead.  I too have found plenty of uniques with-out this... formula. I have ran one Furiuos Search book in my entire time here and found it to be a wasted endevor. I will say that the principles of his theory seem to fit. I would just rather not have a book locked in for two days. I will say, the most I have found in a day was 5. I only ran a 4% shiny that day with a peak oil 50% book. Also, I have better luck with 2-5% looters than with 15%, but I think thats just my luck.

LLiquid, a serious beta tester .....

A serious beta tester? Is that what you're calling yourself? In one statement you're saying you are a seriuos tester and in another reply to Maruse, you say that raiding isn't important. I guess I didnt know the raiding portion was out of Beta.... Also, congrats on the year 1988... Some people peak early I guess...

Edited by T_J, 08 February 2014 - 03:46 AM.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

Yes serious, i focus on one thing and do it at my best, like raiders raid. Do you really think that someone who can go deep on testing loot part can do the same good work when it comes to test raid part?  Plus you guys act too much like bullies. I'm sick of peoples like Maruse, being obtuse is not an excuse. You need to start to grow up. I would like to see if you keep to be so smart in RL if you have me in front of you. And stop to feel so cool because you raid. The king of raiders RJ was my pal and very cool, even if he could have been the number one bully, he wasn't. Maybe I start to get sick and I trash all of your compounds. What do you do in RL? You go  at the bakery to buy bread and you say: hey, i'm a raider from TLSDZ, give bread for free or i trash your bakery... Maruse in this topic, like always on chat and on real life too i'm sure, was out of topic, and peoples talk to about logic.  There are peoples that are always out of topic. You are simply jelly for what i can find while you can't. I have opened this topic to discuss about finding uniques, and peoples like you and maruse abuse of my patience, taking out things that doen't count about the subject and trying to be sarcastic. I repeat, I'm sick. I'm very nice but i get mad at bullies, and not because i'm someone who get attacked by them. In RL you will keep your head down with me. So go back on topic and stop to write just to get a little bit of attention.

plus, i'm king with one account, you ain't with three around....

A little update for all of you jelly peoples... 4th uni after 3 days since new suburbs. It's lvl 45. You can keep on thinking that loot drop can't be forced.

http://imageshack.co...8/8270/1pjb.png

and i feel so sorry, i get the purple sword schematic while doing those autos

http://imageshack.co...5/6857/kqvv.png

Plus i forgot to post the uni from yesterday.... i feel so lucky lol, it's not my knowledge lol

http://imageshack.co...0/7392/0v5r.png

Incredible luck... lol... when peoples doesn't get something greater then them, they shout "it's a miracle".

Edited by Ian Cofaff, 08 February 2014 - 08:29 AM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

-Keyboard warriors unite!!-

If you are going to criticise other people for going off topic. A rant like that is not going to help your case.

As Con said, your guide is anecdotal at best.

Playing games back in the 80's has nothing to do with this.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

Yes serious, i focus on one thing and do it at my best, like raiders raid. Do you really think that someone who can go deep on testing loot part can do the same good work when it comes to test raid part?  Plus you guys act too much like bullies. I'm sick of peoples like Maruse, being obtuse is not an excuse. You need to start to grow up. I would like to see if you keep to be so smart in RL if you have me in front of you. And stop to feel so cool because you raid. The king of raiders RJ was my pal and very cool, even if he could have been the number one bully, he wasn't. Maybe I start to get sick and I trash all of your compounds. What do you do in RL? You go  at the bakery to buy bread and you say: hey, i'm a raider from TLSDZ, give bread for free or i trash your bakery... Maruse in this topic, like always on chat and on real life too i'm sure, was out of topic, and peoples talk to about logic.  There are peoples that are always out of topic. You are simply jelly for what i can find while you can't. I have opened this topic to discuss about finding uniques, and peoples like you and maruse abuse of my patience, taking out things that doen't count about the subject and trying to be sarcastic. I repeat, I'm sick. I'm very nice but i get mad at bullies, and not because i'm someone who get attacked by them. In RL you will keep your head down with me. So go back on topic and stop to write just to get a little bit of attention.

Ok why would i go to a bakery and talk about a game like this in the first place? The only bully here is you since you brag about your uniques.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

If you are going to criticise other people for going off topic. A rant like that is not going to help your case.

As Con said, your guide is anecdotal at best.

Playing games back in the 80's has nothing to do with this.

Right now he is being  a keyboard warrior himself i doubt he would even open up his mouth like that if i was standing in front of him.

Ok why would i go to a bakery and talk about a game like this in the first place? The only bully here is you since you brag about your uniques.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

no, i would no even open my mouth, you can be sure about that, what i will do will not be talking. I am the bulliest of the bullies when i find peoples like you. You only have to wish to never meet me in RL. And now out of here, thanks.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

no, i would no even open my mouth, you can be sure about that, what i will do will not be talking. I am the bulliest of the bullies when i find peoples like you. You only have to wish to never meet me in RL. And now out of here, thanks.

Internet tough guy alert.

No infact i would love to meet you and watch you do nothing at all.

Edited by Maruse, 08 February 2014 - 08:40 AM.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

If any admin can close the topic, i will be thanksful, i said what i had to say,  if peoples want can try my advices, if nice people have questions they can find in chat. just let Maruse the Obtuse with no Excuse have the last word, don't  make IT cry.

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 563 posts

They are great developers, but when it comes to beta testing, they don't have the time to test as I have, and maybe, no offence Con, the same skills as me to understand the matrix of a game. 

Sounds like you're saying you understand the game they created better than they do. 

As Con said, fuel has nothing to do with drop rates of loot, so if you take out your fuel theory, what do you have left? Not really much to the OP. The reason you find as many uniques as you do is because you have DMU, and you understand the drop rate timer, as well as the massive amount of missions you run compared to someone who doesn't have DMU. 

I also remember you saying that equipping all of your survivors with scavenger gloves will increase drop rates. 

All  in all, just sounds like you are speculating on a way to find uniques with some fluff thrown in to make it more complex when it really doesn't add anything to your theory.  

The best way to find uniques is as follows

1. Run missions

*optional* Add looters in for more chances at potentially getting a uniques. 

The end 

Edited by Frostedd, 08 February 2014 - 04:17 PM.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

1. Run missions

The end 

*And Ooh Shiny! for presumably better effect.

GranFinale

GranFinale
  • 35 posts

The best way to find uniques is as follows

1. Run missions

The end 

Thanks for the guide. Simple, essential and straight to the core.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

just throwing this out there, con once said when he was chatting in the rooms "I have never legitimately found a unique" (I may be paraphrasing a bit but its very close to that). Con spends his time crafting and coding the game while we actually play it and see the game function. that's why this game is still beta and we are technically testers. his guide may be based of anecdotal evidence but he is the one walking around with a new uni a day if he wants to. im not saying take this guide as the bible for good loot but just give it a try for a week before you bash it.

I will say this tho, I have done pretty much the same thing for a while now and can get a uni on the drop of a dime during the item boost as long as I didn't reach the uni soft cap.

Ian Cofaff

Ian Cofaff
  • 91 posts

Thanks Frostedd, your guide is really better, i've updated the OP so that now all credits go to you. Thanks him, new players that want to boost yours uniques, books and hats findings. I play videogames since he was not even born, but he knows how to find uniques. I want to give my excuse to all the peoples that lost time with my very bad guide, but don't worry, Frostedd has come to save you.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

Thanks Frostedd, your guide is really better, i've updated the OP so that now all credits go to you. Thanks him, new players that want to boost yours uniques, books and hats findings. I play videogames since he was not even born, but he knows how to find uniques. I want to give my excuse to all the peoples that lost time with my very bad guide, but don't worry, Frostedd has come to save you.

And who's being a bully now?

Hezm

Hezm
  • 434 posts

Dude you say you have got 4 uniques in 3 days using you hocus pocus method.

I have looted just the normal way and found 4 unis too (3x new long rifles and one armor)

''since i'm such a cry baby i'm gonna change my original post because everybody's not kissing my rear and i don't like every reply''

Edited by Hezm, 09 February 2014 - 02:55 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uniques