Photo

Some Defese Tips And Tricks For Players Between Lvl 18 And 26

defense tips

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Mejorqvos

Mejorqvos
  • 124 posts

As a player lvl 28 i feel confident enough to give some defense tips and settlement.

I could recommend you to put all the watchtowers and barricades on a corner of the compound (an outside one so the towers can see whats on the other side). Use all your barricades making something similar to a square and put watchtowers inside, with food and water storage's and if you can ( i made it) put the fuel generator there too.

If you wanna protect all your materials storage's but 2 on a direction and the other 2 looking on another direction (like 2 in direction of the front door) and the other 2 on direction of the right door.

Resources generators aren't very important so put them away so no one can see them, if you want to.

Something like this: http://postimg.org/image/cvik0s96h/ . There is a smiley face

Put your survivors each one on a different barricade so they can't get easily suppressed. And make sure that some survivors of the barricades can see inside the compound, for doing that you will have to place every single inner object that gives cover (beds, engineering bench, workbench and kitchen) outside of their sightseeing. And when the enemy raider tries to disarm a trap you may start to shoot him.

I cant tell very much of the survivors assignment so the only thing i can say: The classic assign of survivors are 1 of each other, 3 fighters and 3 recons.

Don't use assault rifles, shotguns or smg's. You can equip at least 1 or two fighters with LMG's (Light Machine Guns). Equip if you can all the other survivors on barricades with m24, in case you cant, equip them with FAL's and LMG.

The gears depends of you, i equip them like this:
Long Rifles ---> Glasses (any kind) or if the range is very high and there is no need to make it bigger equip some good Tracer Rounds
LMG ----> Bandoliers or Reloading vests

With all that you might resist many followed raids, I'm not saying all of them because there is going to be always someone that is better than you. And you will resist Zombie Hordes without problems and with all your stuff without serious damages, even with 5 survivors its enough

The traps (Optional):
Put 1 wire trap on each door INSIDE of the compound, and put the 4th one on outside of the Right compound door, make sure to place beds in a mess way leaving some space to place traps, i think that makes them harder to spot. I wil leave at your choice where to place the dingdongs, scatterbombs and WOM's.

Hope this help :)

Edited by Mejorqvos, 05 February 2014 - 03:10 AM.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

That layout is extremely vulnerable to the living gorilla.

Zqqn

Zqqn
  • 90 posts

Your flag is extremely undefended. Someone can go through the left door, grenade the wire trap and middle compound door, and smoke grab the flag. 

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

Your flag is extremely undefended. Someone can go through the left door, grenade the wire trap and middle compound door, and smoke grab the flag. 

guys i think he is trying to get some players to jump on this and set up like that so he can then go do exactly what you're saying can be done! lol

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

guys i think he is trying to get some players to jump on this and set up like that so he can then go do exactly what you're saying can be done! lol

Nice observation.

Mejorqvos

Mejorqvos
  • 124 posts

I was just showing how to make a nice defense settlement, the flag i left it there because... because i left it there! You can put it whatever you want to, its just that i'm still enlisting, so i don't care about the banner.... yet.

Edited by Mejorqvos, 05 February 2014 - 07:23 PM.

Mejorqvos

Mejorqvos
  • 124 posts

" Living Gorilla " ?

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

" Living Gorilla " ?

It's pretty self explanitory.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

I was just showing how to make a nice defense settlement, the flag i left it there because... because i left it there! You can put it whatever you want to, its just that i'm still enlisting, so i don't care about the banner.... yet.

i'm just messing with you... it's about time more folks stepped forward and put basic info out there to help the learning curve of the new comers. for that you have my appreciation.

It's pretty self explanitory.

not really since i have no clue what it is either.

considering the words... gorilla and living means it eats bananas, nuts and berries, pick lice and fleas beats it's chest then looks nonchalant while doing all the above.

Edited by oldgamster, 05 February 2014 - 09:48 PM.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts
It's when people just charge head on (mostly with melee) or atleast that's how I know it as.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

It's when people just charge head on (mostly with melee) or atleast that's how I know it as.

ok i can see that. thanks!

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

ok i can see that. thanks!

Your welcome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defense, tips