Photo

Changelog - Winter Update

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

Hey everyone, big chunk of updates with this patch so I'll get straight to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Additions

New Suburbs

- Three new suburbs for high level players

New Weapons & Schematics

- New high level weapons and crafting schematics

- M60-E6

- M107-CQ

- PDW-R

- KS-25 Shotgun

- Manning AS Pistol

- Mezzaluna Axe

- Tonfa Blades

- Higher level Sword schems

New Location Variants

- Prison and Bridge levels designed by Tom!

Changes

Kongregate

- Level cap raised to 50

Resistance Gear

- There was a number of very high percentage vests that were making survivors invulnerable or close to it

- All resistances (projectile, explosive, melee) now cap out at 70%, we're sorry to those who upgraded and crafted higher but it had to be done

Store

- Overhaul of the entire Store

- Clothing is now purchasable for cash

- Active Gear is now purchasable for fuel

- Schematics are now purchasable

- We're rebuilding the store slowly, more Effect Books and Gear will be added soon

Mission Reports

- We've removed the in-between "Survivors have returned" screen and now open the Mission Report directly

Protection Cooldown

- The maximum amount of protection cooldown you can have is now 30 days, this is retroactive

Fixes

- Fixed the protection icon not showing on the Bounty Screen

- Made a minimum of 5 chat rooms available

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts
Con quick question, but what exactly are these winter boxes I keep hearing about?

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

Con quick question, but what exactly are these winter boxes I keep hearing about?

Winter Cache - mix of Fuel, Ammo, XP Books and a Winter update hat.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts
Thanks for clearing this up, the name really did confuse me.

dead account here

dead account here
  • 333 posts

- All resistances (projectile, explosive, melee) now cap out at 70%, we're sorry to those who upgraded and crafted higher but it had to be done

(I don't know how I'm typing in your font color, so please don't kill me! I beg of you!)

So, does this mean that all armors that already had >70% resistance have had their armor debuffed down to the maximum?

- We're rebuilding the store slowly, more Effect Books and Gear will be added soon

What all is returning to the store? I remember that you said that UCS was coming back, but could I get a short list of what's returning and what percentages? (I really want a UCS50 and an AC50...)

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

(I don't know how I'm typing in your font color, so please don't kill me! I beg of you!)

So, does this mean that all armors that already had >70% resistance have had their armor debuffed down to the maximum?

What all is returning to the store? I remember that you said that UCS was coming back, but could I get a short list of what's returning and what percentages? (I really want a UCS50 and an AC50...)

All armor that had resistances greater than 70% now cap at 70%. Yes.

All the previous versions of Union City Shortcuts have already been added back in. Ammo Conservationist will return as well, as I said we're still sorting it all out.

Jackal138

Jackal138
  • 21 posts

Thanks Again Developers!!! Cant wait to start collecting these new uni types!

Also you forgot about the new Gear. There is 2 new gear types. Full Body suit and a military vest. i know the names are not totally correct but close enough..

Edited by Jackal138, 06 February 2014 - 08:28 AM.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

Big thanks, Con. I have still to look into all the new weapons, but it looks like a quality update. Thanks for keeping the DZ... well, fresh (disregarding the rotten walking bodies).

lox

lox
  • 18 posts

Con, new LR m107 makes all armors useless or close to it. To balance pvp part you need to so something like:

1) decrease damage for m107

2) increase armor resistance (personally i think that 80-85 would be just fine).

3) change the way how suppression works, make it like in real life - depends on bullet count fired at target, not potential damage like now

4) add 1st shot time to weapons stats

5) add moving target penalty

lox

lox
  • 18 posts

http://postimg.org/image/6tx2f2f8b

as you can see max 505 damage combined with crit is one shot kill for almost attackers/defenders with 70% armor. and it's not even maxed or unique one

pyro888

pyro888
  • 65 posts

lox, on 06 Feb 2014 - 16:44, said:
Con, new LR m107 makes all armors useless or close to it. To balance pvp part you need to so something like:
2) increase armor resistance (personally i think that 80-85 would be just fine).
3) change the way how suppression works, make it like in real life - depends on bullet count fired at target, not potential damage like now

I didn't think it was directly related to potential damage. I thought it was noise based?

lox, on 06 Feb 2014 - 16:59, said:

as you can see max 505 damage combined with crit is one shot kill for almost attackers/defenders with 70% armor. and it's not even maxed or unique one

That thing has the same base range as an M24 but significantly higher damage and ROF?...

Edited by pyro888, 06 February 2014 - 09:27 AM.

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 410 posts

Con, new LR m107 makes all armors useless or close to it. To balance pvp part you need to so something like:

3) change the way how suppression works, make it like in real life - depends on bullet count fired at target, not potential damage like now

1. I guarantee you, there are weapons that deal more damage than M107. There are got M24s, PSGs and M417s. Take your pick.

2. Con just nerfed it precisely because the damn things were insane. Crits don't happen all the time. If you get shot in the back, it's your problem for being bad enough to get shot in the back.

3. It works on noise, LIKE IN REAL LIFE. One loud boom is just as terrifying as 10 little ones. 

4. In case you haven't noticed, we've got this thing called "aim time". 

5. Has been said already, go to the other thread on Long Rifles.

KaH

KaH
  • 123 posts

Nice job, CAG. :)

also new melee in 28-30 places, Pipewrench lol.

Njaelic

Njaelic
  • 185 posts

What are the stats without the ammo-mod?

lox

lox
  • 18 posts

lolzarz, 2 queastions:

1) are you playing the same game?

if "yes" on first one, then

2) are you raiding?

;)

1) none of your mentioned weapons have 150-200 base damage ore even close to it! m24/psg - 100-120, m417 - 120-140 (if i remember correctly), and thats a huge difference when weapons are upped

2) 100% resistance are insane and op, but 70 makes armors useless cause of too powerfull weapons

3) maybee it works on noise, only then why silenced SVD have great suppression characteristics?

4) yeah, i noticed - 0.1, but did you noticed that its for all weapons the same?

5) too many pages to read them all :)

Edited by lox, 06 February 2014 - 09:53 AM.

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 410 posts

lolzarz, 2 queastions:

1) are you playing the same game?

if "yes" on first one, then

2) are you raiding?

;)

1) none of your mentioned weapons have 150-200 base damage ore even close to it! m24/psg - 100-120, m417 - 120-140 (if i remember correctly), and thats a huge difference when weapons are upped

2) 100% resistance are insane and op, but 70 makes armors useless cause of too powerfull weapons

3) maybee it works on noise, only then why silenced SVD have great suppression characteristics?

4) yeah, i noticed - 0.1, but did you noticed that its for all weapons the same?

5) too many pages to read them all :)

1) And... that's 25-40% more damaging. And the PSG fires 60% faster. That PSG definitely seems weak.

2) Useless? You mean that bit when 505 becomes 152?

3) OK, I admit, it works on a separate suppression rating. Which, I might add, is decreased when a weapon is suppressed. Suppression of the enemy is the concept that the other side is too scared to fight. It's because they're afraid that they'll get shot in the head. How a large, powerful round is not capable of doing that is beyond me.

4 and 5 are both on the other thread. If you're too damn lazy to read, no one has responsibility to explain it to you.

lox

lox
  • 18 posts

are you raiding? looks like no...

there are no use of dps apart from auto missions. And this 152 damage from only lvl47 blue one are means that any attacker with armor in its range will be dead:

1) first shot if its crit

2) second shot, because first one will suppress attacker/defender, and he will not move while suppression animation will take time

even now with psg's and m417 there are almost no time to get you guy out of fire if defender starts to shoot

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 410 posts

are you raiding? looks like no...

there are no use of dps apart from auto missions. And this 152 damage from only lvl47 blue one are means that any attacker with armor in its range will be dead:

1) first shot if its crit

2) second shot, because first one will suppress attacker/defender, and he will not move while suppression animation will take time

even now with psg's and m417 there are almost no time to get you guy out of fire if defender starts to shoot

No use of DPS? What no use of DPS? You mean the sole reason people actually use PSGs and M417s over M24s? Because M24 has got around 15% more range.  DPS is literally the measure of how good your weapon is at killing people.

Oh, in case you don't notice, armor also gives suppression resistance. There's no way your survivor is going to ground on the first shot.

lox

lox
  • 18 posts

your DPS explanation clearly shows your actual knowledge of PvP part of this game. sorry, but its useless to continiue our discussion

p.s.

yes, i didnt noticed lots of things, stats etc., and also i dont know nothing about raiding and how stuff works ;)

GranFinale

GranFinale
  • 35 posts

There's a new melee weapon too, level 39-44 I think, called "Ice Axe"