Photo

Grade 4 And 5 Medical Supplies

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Zorro64

Zorro64
  • 11 posts

Why do medical supplies grade 4 and 5 have to cost fuel?  Injuries occur way too often and they can do very bad stuff to your compound and survivors.  My survivors get severe injuries all the time and yet I don't usually have the right supplies and stuff to cure them.  (Usually bandages.)  Can you reduce the fuel cost by a lot?  I'm sure the least you could do is make grade 4 supplies 3 fuel and grade 5 supplies 6 fuel or something, if not increase their frequency during missions, or maybe reduce the seriousness of injuries or make injuries less likely.  I just think that 20 fuel for a bandage and some gauze is way too expensive for something that occurs every day, lasts for 4 days, and dramatically decreases survivor health and performance.  Sure I might be asking for a little too much, but I'm just speaking my opinion.  I will never build a level 4 medical bench as long as this issue remains.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

They cost fuel because they're higher quality, my advice is not to get injured as often as you do now.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

if your getting injured that much your doing something wrong. maybe your pushing to hard doing missions that are to far above ur level. maybe your gear isn't good enough, maybe your simply not payin enough attention to ur survivors when ur running missions. you really do have to watch them VERY closely and micromanage their movement if there equipped with melee. ive been at this a while and I can tell you injuries are purely the players fault (unless were talking about major lag or some bug issues). once you know what ur doing injuries beyond minor ones become pretty much non-existent.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Grade 4/5 medical items are usually only needed when a survivor get downed, not just injured.

If your survivors are getting downed a lot, then yes like it was said above, you're doing something wrong.

Zqqn

Zqqn
  • 90 posts

I don't necessarily agree with the 3 posts above me.

Zorro, injuries are part of the game, no one can survive in dead zone without getting harmed in any way (hypothetically speaking). Since Grades 1-3 Medical supplies are so common and cheap, do you think it would make sense for a "severe injury" someone gains to be healed with just something you find daily in just a few seconds? You can still loot Grades 4-5 anyways, though the rarity is higher. 

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

I didn't say im injury free, but its rare if I even need a grade 3 medical item let alone 4-5. like zingman said, the need for grad 4-5 medical items usually arises from being downed. if he is being downed so much that he is out of grade 4-5s something is getting overlooked somewhere on his end.

robhughes80

robhughes80
  • 5 posts

Level 4 and 5 bandages are way too rare and hard to find, and otherwise a ripoff in terms of fuel. I think the point is that the cost/effort to find them is excessive - especially if you don't want to spend all your time looking for them. If you could be confident of finding some in typical locations (like higher level hospitals) then it would be fine... but at the moment they seem hard to find.

It's easy to say 'well don't get downed so much' - but I wonder if it's people who pay for fuel and premium items that are so cocky. You can get injured by being raided (usually by someone who's paid for unique guns) quite frequently, but in order to find the bandages needed to fix that you can spend days looking. 

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

My survivors only get downed on compound raids, yet the injuries last days to heal which makes the perform worse in pve enviroments aswell...

I agree with cheaper medial supplies

KHill

KHill
  • 200 posts

Why do medical supplies grade 4 and 5 have to cost fuel?  Injuries occur way too often and they can do very bad stuff to your compound and survivors.  My survivors get severe injuries all the time and yet I don't usually have the right supplies and stuff to cure them.  (Usually bandages.)  Can you reduce the fuel cost by a lot?  I'm sure the least you could do is make grade 4 supplies 3 fuel and grade 5 supplies 6 fuel or something, if not increase their frequency during missions, or maybe reduce the seriousness of injuries or make injuries less likely.  I just think that 20 fuel for a bandage and some gauze is way too expensive for something that occurs every day, lasts for 4 days, and dramatically decreases survivor health and performance.  Sure I might be asking for a little too much, but I'm just speaking my opinion.  I will never build a level 4 medical bench as long as this issue remains.

then FARM hospitals!!!   Simple solution, Then again...  Leave all your surv's wounded for all I care!!!

dead account here

dead account here
  • 333 posts

Hey, if Con's willing to make the high-grade med items cheaper, why not add a higher grade of injury or make severe injuries easier to obtain?

Seriously now, grade 4-5 medical items are to be used on severe injuries, not your everyday scratches and nicks. You don't put some random, somewhat-sterilized, piece of cloth on a cut running all along your forearm, and you don't just use a 2x4 to splint multiple compound bone fractures in the same limb. You're not supposed to get severe injuries like that in the Dead Zone; likewise, the materials needed to treat those kinds of injuries are equally as rare. If we make the super-meds cheap, it is neither realistic (Oh, hey, here's 50 cases of antiseptics!) nor is it feasible to have such an uncommon injury have a common cure. It's almost like that one segment in Family Guy where Quagmire takes "Nyquil Cold, Flu, and AIDS"...yeah, there's no such thing as "Nyquil Cold, Flu, and AIDS"...

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Both drop rates and fuel crafting costs have been tweaked since the injury update was implemented.

Drops
- Increased the drop rate of Grade 4 and 5 medical items
- Increased the drop rate of uncraftable medical items significantly
- Increased the drop amounts of uncraftable medical items

Crafting
- Reduced the cost of crafting Grade 5 medical items by 50%

Source http://forum.conarti...date/?hl=injury

Qzzn

Qzzn
  • 107 posts

Level 4 and 5 bandages are way too rare and hard to find, and otherwise a ripoff in terms of fuel. I think the point is that the cost/effort to find them is excessive - especially if you don't want to spend all your time looking for them. If you could be confident of finding some in typical locations (like higher level hospitals) then it would be fine... but at the moment they seem hard to find.

It's easy to say 'well don't get downed so much' - but I wonder if it's people who pay for fuel and premium items that are so cocky. You can get injured by being raided (usually by someone who's paid for unique guns) quite frequently, but in order to find the bandages needed to fix that you can spend days looking. 

>but I wonder if it's people who pay for fuel and premium items that are so cocky

>(usually by someone who's paid for unique guns) 

Not as many people pay money for uniques as you think. There are aspects of a person called "patience" and "intelligence". Many players with good uni weapons (especially uni LRs) never paid a single cent in the game for fuel and premiums, but have done hundreds of trades instead.You're making this game sound like "buy to win", but it's not. 

robhughes80

robhughes80
  • 5 posts

I hear what you're saying Spartan, realism is definitely an important consideration. However I think that line is already well and truly crossed when you can already be blown up or shot in the head and get fixed up with a couple of bandages. But if the game is gonna be based around that you want to balance it so it can function well enough. 
And as an aside- Qzzn i'm sure its not a lot of people, but they are definitely there and the ones that come knocking repeatedly. When someone is on the same level (therefore similar XP aka 'patience'), you don't expect them to have 5 vastly superior uniques without some help. 

robhughes80

robhughes80
  • 5 posts

d

Edited by robhughes80, 28 April 2014 - 01:51 PM.

kennix18

kennix18
  • 61 posts

well people really can get serious injuries, so con i really think that we should make the lvl 4 meds free to craft at least, because using 10 fuel to craft a lvl med really isnt worth it, but make the lvl 5 meds cost fuel thats reasonable, but the lvl 4 meds should be free to craft

kennix18

kennix18
  • 61 posts

well people really can get serious injuries, so con i really think that we should make the lvl 4 meds free to craft at least, because using 10 fuel to craft a lvl med really isnt worth it, but make the lvl 5 meds cost fuel thats reasonable, but the lvl 4 meds should be free to craft

kennix18

kennix18
  • 61 posts

sorry about that double post.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Looks like a triple to me...

As I said five months ago:

Grade 4/5 medical items are usually only needed when a survivor get downed, not just injured.

If your survivors are getting downed a lot then you're doing something wrong (excluding raiding).  If you're doing things right, the scavenge rate of grade 4/5 medical items should easily eclipse their usage, as you should only be getting downed very rarely (if at all).

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

If your survivors are getting downed a lot then you're doing something wrong (excluding raiding). 

The 'excluding raiding' part is a pretty massive qualification here.

On my level 34 account, I regularly sustain multiple grade 4/5 injuries daily when someone successfully raids my compound. During a hectic war when you're in a top 5 alliance, you cannot avoid your survivors being pummelled.

PvE players should find more bandages than they use, for sure - whereas active raiders struggle, having to take a break to farm meds in the middle of wars or not participate in a war here and there to farm meds for a round. It's just one more thing that discourages people from raiding.

Personally I'd like to see crafting of grade 4/5 bandages being free as I think it'd make more people consider participating in wars.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Personally I'd like to see crafting of grade 4/5 bandages being free as I think it'd make more people consider participating in wars.

I am completely against that. 

Incurring injuries is a risk, making all the medical items free would remove any risk to playing the game and would be several steps back to how the injury system originally worked (when you could heal your survivors with time or fuel direct).

I can't see the developers removing a game mechanic, especially one like the injury mechanics.