Photo

Grade 4 And 5 Medical Supplies

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

I am completely against that. 

Incurring injuries is a risk, making all the medical items free would remove any risk to playing the game and would be several steps back to how the injury system originally worked (when you could heal your survivors with time or fuel direct).

I can't see the developers removing a game mechanic, especially one like the injury mechanics.

OK, well, if not free crafting then at least a guaranteed level 4/5 bandage dropping in a hospital of lvl 20+/25+ or something... it shouldn't take sending your guys out to 10 hospitals to heal your team after you got unlucky with injuries caused on an incoming raid.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

LOL @ Medical Insurance in the Zombie Apocalypse.

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

To whoever downvoted me, why not at least explain why and contribute to the argument? Which part didn't you like - do you think it's reasonable to run a lvl 25 hospital and not find a single bandage, weighed against multiple casualties in a failed raid (incoming or outgoing)?

Edited by Nephy, 11 July 2014 - 11:34 AM.

Alamat

Alamat
  • 155 posts

OK, well, if not free crafting then at least a guaranteed level 4/5 bandage dropping in a hospital of lvl 20+/25+ or something... it shouldn't take sending your guys out to 10 hospitals to heal your team after you got unlucky with injuries caused on an incoming raid.

The scarcity of grade 4 and 5 bandages/gauzes fits well with the theme of the game: survival. Plus, it tells every player to always avoid getting their survivors injured (although getting injured is really a part of the game, and that's okay). If you are always injured during raids, you must refine your approaches or methodology. All raiders go through this process. As one player puts it, you can't get out of missions/raids in a survival game unscathed.

There are ways to get high-grade bandages/gauzes other than missions. First: trade. Before I had the DMU, I used to trade clothing and books for truckloads of med supplies. Second: your alliance. In our team, we have farmers who supply raiders with meds.

Edit: addition

Edited by Alamat, 11 July 2014 - 01:32 PM.

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

If you are always injured during raids, you must refine your approaches or methodology. All raiders go through this process. As one player puts it, you can't get out of missions/raids in a survival game unscathed.

The thing is, if you're in a top 10 alliance you don't even have to set foot outside your compound to get several high grade injuries daily; simply being a valid points target means others will cause you injuries by raiding you, regardless of your 'methodology'.

The only methods I can see with the current system:

1) have a high level main farming meds for your raiding alt.

2) WF for a round, build up bandage stocks, raid for a round, rinse and repeat.

3) Have generous farmers in your alliance who will give out stacks of bandages free during the war to keep us active raiders going (there are guys and gals in my alliance who do this, thankfully, but probably not in most).

Raiding is already low on reward compared to the effort required and there are few active raiders as it is, so I feel the scarcity of bandages only further discourages people from participating.

I've actively raided in the past 3 alliance wars on Kong, mainly surviving on med hand-outs from others in my alliance. Even so, my main had to take a break this round to build up grenade and bandage supplies, so I raided on an alt which I stacked with grade 3 bandages. Next round, I'll swap over and give my alt a break. not everyone can do this. I'm not even arguing this for my benefit, but to try and call for a more inclusive system which would encourage others to participate. I can keep getting fuel every round and if that was my only aim I'd argue to keep bandages hard to find, but it's no fun if only a tiny number of people are involved.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Another method to avoid injuries;

Make sure all your survivors are away when you are logged off. Yes it means your flag gets taken without any defence but it means you can't get any injuries.

Each player chooses to raid or to not. Everyone knows the risks and rewards for their choice when they start and everyone is in the same boat, facing the same issues.

If I had known this was going to turn into another "raiders are scarce, more people need to raid" style thread, I wouldn't have bothered posting here at all. 

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

If I had known this was going to turn into another "raiders are scarce, more people need to raid" style thread, I wouldn't have bothered posting here at all. 

The reason certain topics come up time and again is because the minority of us who do actively raid want to see wars improve, not die. There are many factors discouraging people from raiding, lack of medical supplies being just one factor. This is a 'survival' game but it's also meant to be fun, otherwise what's the point?

This thread could have been left as a thread about bandage usage in PvE, but do we really need to discuss that? I don't see how anyone who doesn't raid would have an issue with grade 4/5 bandages; if someone's getting that many fatalities vs zombies, it's their play style that's wrong, not the game.

Edited by Nephy, 11 July 2014 - 06:31 PM.

BLACKLIGHT

BLACKLIGHT
  • 2 posts

That still doesn't make sense, assuming that medical items from level 1 to 3 are hand-made and this process does not require fuel. That would not explain level 4 and higher medical items require fuel to make. Unless you had a sewing machine.

MrSentinel

MrSentinel
  • 39 posts

EDIT:  Where is the best place to find level 4 Bandages & Gauze?

Edited by MrSentinel, 28 October 2014 - 05:53 PM.

Recon_guy

Recon_guy
  • 386 posts
Hospitals or DMU friends willing to trade them

Edited by Recon_guy, 28 October 2014 - 07:46 PM.

MrSentinel

MrSentinel
  • 39 posts

I've been scouring the hospitals all day and nothing is dropping, so I guess I need fuel.  How can I increase my fuel without having to buy it?  The fuel generator isn't cutting it for me.  I haven't gotten so much as a drop in scavenging, the entire time I've played this game, except through tasks.  I'm now sitting on tasks that take me through level 25.  I can't make a dent now because all but three of my team is on the disabled list.  If I can't get my team back up in the next day or so, I'm down for the count for over five days.  And then I miss Infected Bounties, which is the highlight of the game for me.  If the devs really don't want me to play for five days, I could just go and find another game...  :: shrug ::

Sorry to gripe and moan, but five days is a long time NOT to play a good game like this.

Anduvriel

Anduvriel
  • 285 posts

I've been scouring the hospitals all day and nothing is dropping, so I guess I need fuel.  How can I increase my fuel without having to buy it?  The fuel generator isn't cutting it for me.  I haven't gotten so much as a drop in scavenging, the entire time I've played this game, except through tasks.  I'm now sitting on tasks that take me through level 25.  I can't make a dent now because all but three of my team is on the disabled list.  If I can't get my team back up in the next day or so, I'm down for the count for over five days.  And then I miss Infected Bounties, which is the highlight of the game for me.  If the devs really don't want me to play for five days, I could just go and find another game...  :: shrug ::

Sorry to gripe and moan, but five days is a long time NOT to play a good game like this.

1. Medical stuff grade 4 and 5 is scarce, but u can eventually find them in hospitals of higher level (best 16+, below rarely drop above grade 3)

2. Injured survivors can still go on missions. They are weaker but they are not disabled.. They have just some -% to some of their abilities (u can see them after u hover over the injury in its panel). U can negate this effect by morale and books, equipping different gear, doing mission a little easier for those injured teams. Heal all the injuries below lvl4 and u should be able to use those survivors. Remember u can have only 1 injury above level 3.. If u have one u will not receive another.

3. Fuel is scavenged mostly in buildings at about your level, if u go mostly below u won't find much. There is a daily limit on every level (it grows as u level up). Using peak oil books helps.

4. Do not craft medical supplies lvl4+. Ask around chat, some people will just give u some or trade for a book or some grenades. The cost is ridiculous and totally not worth the fuel. 

5. If u are getting injured all the time u are doing something wrong.. Grade 4,5 injuries means your survivor got downed, that shouldn't happen often, to be honest almost at all if u don't raid/are not raided often... Search the forum for tutorials for basic strategies for fighting infected (runner technique is a really good one) if u have problems with pve.

Hope this helps

Recon_guy

Recon_guy
  • 386 posts

I've been scouring the hospitals all day and nothing is dropping, so I guess I need fuel. How can I increase my fuel without having to buy it? The fuel generator isn't cutting it for me. I haven't gotten so much as a drop in scavenging, the entire time I've played this game, except through tasks. I'm now sitting on tasks that take me through level 25. I can't make a dent now because all but three of my team is on the disabled list. If I can't get my team back up in the next day or so, I'm down for the count for over five days. And then I miss Infected Bounties, which is the highlight of the game for me. If the devs really don't want me to play for five days, I could just go and find another game... :: shrug ::

If you are on FB/AG or yahoo, it's easier to find a guy with a DMU and get some from them. Most people will hand them out if you ask.

MrSentinel

MrSentinel
  • 39 posts

Thanks, Anduvriel, for the tips.  Those are some great ideas.  I'll see what I can do.  I attached a Peak Oil book that increases the fuel drops by 50% for 22 hours.  I've done quite a number of runs already and no fuel is dropping.  Trial and error, I guess.

Sorry, Recon, but I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to this game.  What's a DMU?  Another thing, I'm drowning in level 5 Medical supplies, but can't seem to get level 4.  I've been camping out in Brookvale North/West/East (Levels 20, 22 & 24, respectively), which is where the level 5 stuff is dropping.  Should I drop back to levels 14, 16 & 18 and scrounge for level 4 there?

And I appreciate everyone's input, just wanted to say...  It's nice to have a good forum community here.

Edited by MrSentinel, 29 October 2014 - 04:19 PM.

Recon_guy

Recon_guy
  • 386 posts
You can use the level 5 stuff to heal your guys. Just click in the box then select it

DMU is the car upgrade that reduces return times to 5 minutes

Edited by Recon_guy, 29 October 2014 - 04:40 PM.