Photo

Ridiculus Suppresion Bug Situation

suppression bug cover

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Eze_el_Hobbit

Eze_el_Hobbit
  • 60 posts

I know that this is an old bug but i got a ridiculus situation and i don´t understand why this is not fixed in any update. I started shooting 2 survivors from far away and at one point they got supressed. then i started advancing all my guys into effective range still shooting at their targets (even placed a recon just next to the enemy survivors) i shooted them for like 2 minutes and they never took any damage. I mean, is ridiculus, i can accept if they don´t get any damage out from the effective range but in the effective range and several survivors shooting from diferent angles they should take at least some damage. At the end i stoped firing to one of them and focus all 5 shooting in one survivor and the result was the same.

I know how to avoid this, i know that i have to stop the attack let the enemys got unsuppressed and start the attack again, and please i don´t want any advice of that kind, what i´m saying is that this is something that needs to be fixed and would be nice to see the old problems fixed instead of having new items and content all the time.

Lerock

Lerock
  • 82 posts

Check this out at 3.45, same issue. The only way I've found out to take them down is to also unsuppress and restart the attack.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,631 posts

damn double post

Edited by MaxSheen, 15 February 2014 - 11:02 PM.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,631 posts

Check this out at 3.45, same issue. The only way I've found out to take them down is to also unsuppress and restart the attack.

Wow good find

Edit: removed video

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Not a bug, it's in fact working as intended.

Krysis

Krysis
  • 246 posts

Not a bug, it's in fact working as intended.

Not always. Just raided someone with broken barricades.

The survivor behind the broken barricade took no damage from 3 PSGs being shot within effective range for about a minute. 

I know youre meant to never hit someone suppressed behind a barricade but this is ridiculous considering the enemy was out in the open.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

Not always. Just raided someone with broken barricades.

The survivor behind the broken barricade took no damage from 3 PSGs being shot within effective range for about a minute. 

I know youre meant to never hit someone suppressed behind a barricade but this is ridiculous considering the enemy was out in the open.

agreed and this has happened to me as well.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

You misunderstand.

With the suppression system working as Con originally intended, you should never have been able to hit a survivor from the front.  However the system has been broken from the very start, such that many people (like the OP here) view it as bugged when it actually works.  The post I linked was the last thing Con said on the matter, in which he stated that he didn't want to change it too dramatically, and was looking at alternatives.  Since nothing has changed since then, he hasn't come up with anything since then, and the broken suppression system is still in place.

---

Not taking damage behind broken barricades is another problem entirely, and deserves it's own thread.

Krysis

Krysis
  • 246 posts

Not taking damage behind broken barricades is another problem entirely, and deserves it's own thread.

I disagree. The title of the thread clearly says 'ridiculous suppression bug situation' and being shot at within effective range without any protection and not getting hit due to suppression is ridiculous.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

I disagree. The title of the thread clearly says 'ridiculous suppression bug situation' and being shot at within effective range without any protection and not getting hit due to suppression is ridiculous.

So is a camps security rating not being affected by having all barricades destroyed.

As far as the game is concerned, as long as you have built them, barricades offer the same boost to your security rating no matter if they are perfectly formed or destroyed.

Hezm

Hezm
  • 432 posts

Security rating stays same but cover doesn't, they are 2 different things.

It's easy to see if you go besides intact barricade you get that green shield sign but if it's broken there's no sign.

Eze_el_Hobbit

Eze_el_Hobbit
  • 60 posts

Maxsheen i loved how you unsupressed the guy by accident because you got killed by a trap, it happened to me a lot lol

Zingman i understand your point, and i agree that a person behind a barricade should get any damage if he is attacked from the front, but like i said, the ridiculus situation here is that i attacked the guy with 5 guys, all of them in effective range, and 2 or 3 of them was shooting from the side, so the defender should got killed in like 2 seconds, but i shoted him for like 3 minutes without anything happening.  Also i had this situation with survivors behind destroyed barricades (in this case they did take damage but only shooting them in effective range and from the side)

balada

balada
  • 241 posts

An idea to improve the supression system "feature" could be:

Supression:

Survivor reloading = invencible

Survivor reloading don't build supression. If a survivor is half supressed, and he start reloading, that half supression won't increase while he is reloading no matter how many shoots are flying over him. After the reloading he will start shooting again, and that half supression can be increased to a fully supression (if you continue to shooting) and the survivor can take damage.

Melee:

Survivors equipped with melee being able to be hitted from distance. They are invencibles now because they cann't return fire, so they get the invencible status like they were reloading.

Targeting:

When an enemy targets one of your survivors, and your survivor gets out of the enemy LOS and you shoot with other survivors. That enemy will be looking for that survivor of yours which is out of his LOS, so the enemy is not shooting as well, and he is also invencible.

A fix for Melee and Targeting could be: survivors can be hitted no matter what, unless they are reloading. If a survivor gets out of the LOS, the enemy recalculates target immediately (this prevent exploit).

This way you prevent a survivor to be permanent invencible.

A serious balance patch would be needed, this fix would make PvP 75% easier as it is now (since supression "bug" can be overrided with enough practice), but less frustrating. 

Edit: This was just an idea i had now and felt like posting it. But there are serious problems going on needing earlier fixes.

Edited by balada, 17 February 2014 - 02:06 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,248 posts

I explained this in the other thread Zing posted a link to. The way the suppression system works at the moment is actually a broken version of how we wanted it to work. 

On the "fix this, don't add stuff" debate, I also explained this recently. The people that work on content do not work on fixing bugs. The guys that do work on fixing bugs are working on stuff that's more important in our eyes. 

Also it's "ridiculous".

balada

balada
  • 241 posts

I'm sorry, but It's good not working as intended, otherwise it would make some defenses unbreacheable. We barely can finish some raids in time being able to hit them in front, imagine having to flank some unflankeable survivors to kill all of them (inside defenses mainly).

The " " wasn't suppose to be ironical, I added it because i'm aware of that thread, and like you said again here, it's a broken version, a "feature".

Edit: If you say so, who am i to argue.

Edited by balada, 17 February 2014 - 04:49 AM.

GameRaider

GameRaider
  • 60 posts

For the record, this happens a lot for me. It has happened to the very last defender and I find it unable to kill him. All of the cades are destroyed around him as mentioned above. While the defender was suppressed, I moved in all of my men(lost my melee earlier, bad luck) and all of them were standing around the defender one to two blocks away, stationed at every angle and they did not land a shot. Even though a different part of your team handles this, I wonder why this is not fixed yet, as it is a big issue. And of course, hacks need to take priority over whatever you are doing at CAG. This ranks close behind though.

Charlie

Charlie
  • 207 posts

While its sure is annoying, i wouldnt be too eager asking to fix it. I can easily imagine "fix" being worse than a problem. To properly fix it the whole cover system need to be redesigned. If suppreesed survivors cannot be hit from the front of cover, and for the towers, i guess, at all from any side - any semi competent defence will become unbreachable in the time limit.

Edited by Charlie, 19 February 2014 - 09:32 AM.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

"a" fix could be simple. since there is no ammo cost as a defender the reload time can be factored into the APS when used in defense. this would eliminate the reload condition for defenders yet the offense since it is a live offense would still deal with suppression and reloading.

the way i see it working is:

Offensive:

weapon:M-240
Ammo Cost: 100
Attacks Per Second: 9.03
Reload Speed: 6 seconds
Magazine Size: 100

with 9.03 aps it will take this weapon 11.074 seconds to shoot 100 rounds.

Defensive:

weapon:M-240
Ammo Cost: 100
Attacks Per Second: 5.86
Reload Speed: none continuous fire.
Magazine Size: 100

under the new configuration it will take 17.074 seconds to shoot 100 rounds slowing the APS down to 5.86 with no reload at all. this would eliminate the reload suppression bug since they will never reload.

take the 11.074 seconds (100 / 9.03 = 11.074) the basic configuration needs to empty the 100 round clip and add the 6 seconds reload time now giving 17.074 seconds to cycle 100 rounds rather than 11.074 plus 6 to reload. if i remember correctly DPS does not factor in reload time. so this would make the weapon appear to drop in DPS but in essence it does not. this weapon under conventional rules has an 11 second window of fire then it has a 6 second window of no fire while reloading.

just a thought.

Eze_el_Hobbit

Eze_el_Hobbit
  • 60 posts

Lol Con Sorry, english is not my native language, sometimes i write wrong. Also didn´t know that fix bug´s and the people who develope content were differen´t. Still i think is a problem that need´s to be fixed.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 786 posts

This may not be a bug but it's really annoying and i have lost a lot of raids because of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suppression, bug, cover