Photo

Ridiculus Suppresion Bug Situation

suppression bug cover

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

DeadFrog

DeadFrog
  • 127 posts

"So - we've spent a bit of time looking into this and the way that suppression is working now, is how it's worked from the start.

The thing is, it's "broken". It's always been broken. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work without completely changing it from how it works now.

This is how it was intended to work:

- Suppressed survivors were never meant to be hit with incoming rounds from the front.

- Flanking suppressed survivors was the only option. 

- Any survivor ducking behind cover should be protected, unless being attacked from the side or rear.

The reason reloading survivors who're suppressed don't get hit is because they're "ducking" behind cover. The problem is caused by survivors who are suppressed while standing, the game thinks they're still standing, so they can be hit, which wasn't our intention.

It was always our intention for survivors who are behind barricades to be impervious to damage, unless they were being hit from the side or the rear.

So as I said, I realise that you guys have become accustom to the broken system, so I don't want to change how that works too dramatically."

Surely you realize we can design defenses that are nearly un-flankable.  That makes the intended suppression framework untenable entirely.

Con

Con
  • 4,248 posts

"nearly un-flankable"

There's your answer.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

"So - we've spent a bit of time looking into this and the way that suppression is working now, is how it's worked from the start.

The thing is, it's "broken". It's always been broken. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work without completely changing it from how it works now.

This is how it was intended to work:

- Suppressed survivors were never meant to be hit with incoming rounds from the front.

- Flanking suppressed survivors was the only option. 

- Any survivor ducking behind cover should be protected, unless being attacked from the side or rear.

The reason reloading survivors who're suppressed don't get hit is because they're "ducking" behind cover. The problem is caused by survivors who are suppressed while standing, the game thinks they're still standing, so they can be hit, which wasn't our intention.

It was always our intention for survivors who are behind barricades to be impervious to damage, unless they were being hit from the side or the rear.

So as I said, I realise that you guys have become accustom to the broken system, so I don't want to change how that works too dramatically."

Surely you realize we can design defenses that are nearly un-flankable.  That makes the intended suppression framework untenable entirely.

I think that is why we have explosives or melee weapons to down the barricade. WIth coordinated effort, you can suppress and get a chance to land an explosive. Did i got that right?

ydihtty

ydihtty
  • 8 posts

Uh... there's this thing... it's called a grenade...

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Uh... there's this thing... it's called a grenade...

You can't throw those further then a car-length when you're suppressed let alone get them anywhere near the enemy.

Eze_el_Hobbit

Eze_el_Hobbit
  • 60 posts

Today i failed a raid again because this bug, i supressed a recon placed in a tower with 4 guys shooting at him taking nearly no damage. The time was runing out so i relocated 2 guys closer to shoot other enemys (while the recon was still supressed by 2 of my guys). At one point he got unsupressed (because my 2 guys realoded at the same time) and he killed easily 4 of my survivors (some of them weren´t even in his effective range). If everybody else is fine about how the game is working ok, but i just don´t like it. The happy thing is that i can always delete my account and play other games. I know that no one care, especially CON, but the game without pvp is getting boring and the pvp is soo broken that i can´t enjoy it.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

At one point he got unsupressed (because my 2 guys realoded at the same time) and he killed easily 4 of my survivors (some of them weren´t even in his effective range).

I experience this all the time. defenders that are completely out of range (unless there are LMG's in the L29 range that have over 42 range and just about everyone i run against has them) are 1 Shot 1 Kill-ing me.

If everybody else is fine about how the game is working ok,

no i'm not thrilled at all about this. but quitting isn't the answer. this is a fun game. yes the PVE has gotten to be repetitious and the only thrill there is being able to explore new locations as the sectors open up. even that has it's set of things i would like to see change. i level way too fast to get to experience a sector before it is a cake walk due to me out leveling it from the few manual missions, the xp from raids and those blasted xp rich zed inbounds. (I still want a no xp option for the zed inbounds.) it is the PV(P/AI) that is where i derive my fun. so after this war round a change will be implemented. I'm looking forward to see what's in store.

Eze_el_Hobbit

Eze_el_Hobbit
  • 60 posts

I know quitting is not the solution but again, CON doesn´t fix this and remain silent, and when he talks all he does is saying that the barricades/supression system is broken and that the people is use to how it works (if something is broken you need to fix it no matter what). Today i have a new example of this BUG i raided a guy who had all his compound destroyed except for a single barricade, i killed some guys who wasn´t behind a barricade without problem but when i had to kill that single guy it was just impossible (2 recons, 1 fighter and 1 medic all shooting in efective range in 45° angle to the barricade and nothing). Also when i retreated to attack again i lost one recon because the pathfinding sucks like always does, and when i attacked this survivor again he got supressed again and couldn´t kill him. With one less recon (and other survivor dead cuz a trap that my recon didn´t spot next to him) i had to attack the immortal survivor and some others with just 3 guys and all went to hell. Really is not logic neither fun to have a game working like this.

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

I know quitting is not the solution but again, CON doesn´t fix this and remain silent, and when he talks all he does is saying that the barricades/supression system is broken and that the people is use to how it works (if something is broken you need to fix it no matter what). Today i have a new example of this BUG i raided a guy who had all his compound destroyed except for a single barricade, i killed some guys who wasn´t behind a barricade without problem but when i had to kill that single guy it was just impossible (2 recons, 1 fighter and 1 medic all shooting in efective range in 45° angle to the barricade and nothing). Also when i retreated to attack again i lost one recon because the pathfinding sucks like always does, and when i attacked this survivor again he got supressed again and couldn´t kill him. With one less recon (and other survivor dead cuz a trap that my recon didn´t spot next to him) i had to attack the immortal survivor and some others with just 3 guys and all went to hell. Really is not logic neither fun to have a game working like this.

You do realize that Con has said that a fix is coming after this war right?

Edit: http://forum.conarti...rifles/?p=67778

Edited by justinsr316, 13 March 2014 - 02:59 PM.

Eze_el_Hobbit

Eze_el_Hobbit
  • 60 posts

Lol no i didn´t thx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suppression, bug, cover