Photo

Pvp Spawn Idea

spawn idea pvp PvP raid area

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

GralBarba

GralBarba
  • 28 posts

So I was reading some posts in the PvP subforum and some people set their defenses placing one tower in each door, so no matter where your survivors spawn they will be shot by some M24 in a tower. That happened to me once, I got an injured fighter as soon as my survivors spawned, didn't even have time to select him. So I'm suggesting a different cover in the spawn area, like larger cover or making that area something neutral ( where your survivors can't shoot but take no damage ). That's the idea, hope you like it and if you raid maybe that happened to you too, its very annoying.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

So I was reading some posts in the PvP subforum and some people set their defenses placing one tower in each door, so no matter where your survivors spawn they will be shot by some M24 in a tower. That happened to me once, I got an injured fighter as soon as my survivors spawned, didn't even have time to select him. So I'm suggesting a different cover in the spawn area, like larger cover or making that area something neutral ( where your survivors can't shoot but take no damage ). That's the idea, hope you like it and if you raid maybe that happened to you too, its very annoying.

By choosing to raid, you run the risk of the raid victim being able to defend themselves. The problem you describe is a raid victim defending themselves.

I don't know what else I could add while still being constructive

GralBarba

GralBarba
  • 28 posts

By choosing to raid, you run the risk of the raid victim being able to defend themselves. The problem you describe is a raid victim defending themselves.

I don't know what else I could add while still being constructive

I know about the risks, but not having time to even select your survivors and get injuries is not intended. Some survivors spawn without cover, maybe larger cover or spawning your survivors one by one would fix this.

Smiley

Smiley
  • 71 posts

I know about the risks, but not having time to even select your survivors and get injuries is not intended. Some survivors spawn without cover, maybe larger cover or spawning your survivors one by one would fix this.

You are defending your compound. Would you give the enemy any advantage over you. and remember these are cpu controlled survivors they are already at a disadvantage.

CheshireGray

CheshireGray
  • 71 posts

One point he has that i do feel is somewhat valid is the desire to not spawn your survivors all in one group, but be able to spread them across the green zone. It makes sense- military tactics old and new often employ multiple fronts of assault on a well defended structure.

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

While as a raider I agree with your sentiments, the others are correct. This issue can be mitigated on part of the attacker by high-powered rifles, vests, and smoke grenades. The vests cause the first shot to not be too effective, the rifles suppress the defenders and then you use the smoke grenade to cover yourself while you regroup your survivors.

GralBarba

GralBarba
  • 28 posts

While as a raider I agree with your sentiments, the others are correct. This issue can be mitigated on part of the attacker by high-powered rifles, vests, and smoke grenades. The vests cause the first shot to not be too effective, the rifles suppress the defenders and then you use the smoke grenade to cover yourself while you regroup your survivors.

I guess you didn't read the whole thing, if you get shot by multiple M24s you don't even have time to select your survivor and use a gas granade. For some reason I also get that "raid tutorial" and lose time while closing that, there is no button to disable the tips?

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

I guess you didn't read the whole thing, if you get shot by multiple M24s you don't even have time to select your survivor and use a gas granade. For some reason I also get that "raid tutorial" and lose time while closing that, there is no button to disable the tips?

I did read, I was just assuming you meant the enemy survivor that would be in a tower, not just all the survivors....

Skullcrown

Skullcrown
  • 47 posts
Putting 10 M-24 effective range is a pretty good strategy, more to create fear in the attacker and cause him to flee without any harm, I have this kind of defenses and have suffered 25 consecutive attacks until one achieving the reward I had on me.

Some tips are:

1) Be clear path closer and less risky to achieve what you want (Fuel generator)
2) to study the terrain enemy strengths, impossible, weak, etc..
3) do not spawn near towers or barricades.
4) is not possible, spawn in the furthest place possible.
5) to the spawning site selection, ensure that the first survivor has smoke grenades and immediately deliver them.

another tip: if the enemy attacked you first, you should check if you have injured enemies and how long ago it was, since within 2:30 hours after the attack, the opponent has fewer defenders.

Edited by Skullcrown, 01 May 2013 - 06:53 PM.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

So I'm suggesting a different cover in the spawn area, (...) like larger cover or making that area something neutral.

I totally agree with this, I've already defended similar ideas at the old forum.

Having survivors going down even before being able to select them is a really important issue for players with lagging problems. My case, unfortunately: I ALWAYS lose the first couple of secs when I start the raid, so this issue really limit my options for spawning.

Reality-wise this also makes a lot of sense. No one would direct a team of attackers to a barely covered spot that is right under the range and sight of defenders. 

What I would like to see is a small wall (or other kind of cover) on each of the three sides of the compound added to what already exists. Large as a car would be enough. Attackers behind it could not be shot at nor fire over it.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

Use smoke grenades.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

Use smoke grenades.

I guess you didn't read the whole thing, if you get shot by multiple M24s you don't even have time to select your survivor and use a gas granade. 

Also with lagging you have no chance to reach for the grenades

Edited by JHpinto, 07 May 2013 - 02:47 PM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Reality-wise this also makes a lot of sense. No one would direct a team of attackers to a barely covered spot that is right under the range and sight of defenders. 

What I would like to see is a small wall (or other kind of cover) on each of the three sides of the compound added to what already exists. Large as a car would be enough. Attackers behind it could not be shot at nor fire over it.

Reality wise, knowing you are likely to be attacked by other survivors, you would remove all cover around your base, not add more

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

And don't forget- NCP are dumb. You, actually controlling your survivors, already have an advantage.

And I think there is a small wall on the East side of the compound, in the street.

Also, if con adds shields (which I heard he might), this would protect you from all but the most powerful guns. Add that to the walls and using the defender's structures (outhouses, Deathmobile) as shelter, this idea of yours would make the attackers way OP.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spawn, idea, pvp, PvP, raid, area