Photo

Some Feedback Concerning The Latest Update.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Hello con and staff.

I am very pleased to see that the latest update has increased the effectivity of most of the high level Assault Rifles, as I use assault rifles for a lot of things, including my defence. I don't particulary like loadouts where everyone just puts Sniper rifles together in a big lump. So this buff should atleast lower the people who do that with 1 or 2 percent or so.

However...

I noticed that, ever since the introduction of premium items back around 2012, premiums have had increasingely less love from the developers.

The latest update made this especially clear:

- Most Assault rifles have had their ranges buffed to around 20, which means uniques with 45% range bonus are around 29, which is where higher level purple long rifles start.

- None of the Assault Rifles in the level 1-20 area have had any profit from this buff, The AR-556 SEMI, AK-74, M16A2 and M4A1 for the findables, and also the FA-223 and AK-47, and the G36C and XM8 for higher levels.

Most of these assault rifles max out at around 17 range when i fully upgrade my purple versions of them. This means the uniques only have about 25 range.

Especially the M4A, AKS-74U and AR556 SEMI could use a buff: Their current purple versions max out around 13 and 15 range respectively, even the CR-553 has a higher range then these.

- I suggest buffing the range of these 2 Assault rifles with 2 units, to make them more usefull. (giving them ranges maxed out to 17-19, which is still below full sized assault rifles)

- As for the AK-74 and M16A2, a buff of 1 range unit should already give better range values for their uniques.

As for the Premiums...

I notice none of the premiums have received any buffing with the update, except the PKP, which now is an alternative to the M-240

The FA-223 and AK-47 only have ranges of 16, and there is no way to increase it for these weapons. Meaning that they're practically useless to the 20+ ranged purple assault rifles available around this level.

- I suggest buffing the AK-47 and FA's range with 3-4 range units.

- And make an [FA-223 Custom] (if possible with reflex sight on it) As the AK-47 custom has atleast 30 more DPS while being on the same level.

The G36C and the XM8 have the same problem, only having ranges up to 17, and no way to increase the ranges further, since they have no Custom variants.

- I suggest buffing these with 3-4 range units and if possible make Mk II variants for these.

The M110 SASS is a nice premium long rifle, that did have the highest damage for a base long rifle untill the release of the M107, but it defenitly lacks some range compared to other long rifles around it's level (only having 25 range, while purple PSGs get atleast 29, unis even higher)

And then HERC weapons...

The HERC-24A1 is still sticking around level 20, i suggest bringing this up and increasing it's range to be similar to the normal M-24 (as uniques can go over the range, while this gun doesn't have unique variants) A HERC-24A2 with added scope would also be nice

(sighted scoped would bring it's range to about 32, like the purple sighted scoped, except this gun would profit from more DMG and APS)

I'd also like to see some more love to the HERC-PDW and HERC-2 SMG, (maybe in the form of some Suppressed & scoped attachments for them)

LONG STORY SHORT, these things are what i think would make the premiums good purple alternatives:

- Some buffing love for the low level ARs and Carbines (Especially the M4A1, AR556-SEMI ,AKS-74U and the premium ones)

- Custom Variants of Herc Guns to make them more usefull.

- Buff the M110 SASS range to make it keep up with purple PSGs and SVDs

- Buff the XM8 and G36C range.

If you've read through this, thanks and sorry for the long read, these are my thoughts concerning the fact that premiums have a hard time keeping up with premiums, let alone uniques.

As a final thought... Why is the PDW-R Assault Rifle (It's a carbine) Changed to an SMG. If you wanted a 5.56x45mm weapon that's classed as an SMG, you could pick the HK53. Which is advertised as an SMG.

Edited by Jeroomu Warkuru, 25 February 2014 - 02:36 PM.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

Agreed. Premiums do need some love.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Boredom + Ideas = ...

HERC_ideas.png

Such photoshops, many skills!

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

I like what you did there ^^^

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

What did I do for the Down-Vote?

ProgamerCF

ProgamerCF
  • 122 posts

What did I do for the Down-Vote?

You necro-ed a thread.

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

It wasn't intentional 

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Besides that, this thread is necro-worthy as the suggestion is still an active thing that's going on. Con hasn't reviewed my idea yet.