The Recent Update Simply Prevent Me To Even Load The Game

black screen loading update windows linux firefox chromium

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

versus666

versus666
  • 69 posts

Hi !

I'm a long time player, I followed the evolution of LS and I love this game even if there is sometimes little quirks and bugs. Con and his team are always improving the game with new and surprising ideas, I'm really fond of that.

But I'm getting very desperate.

I'm playing on Armorgames and it's been a month I have AGAIN the CONNECT ERROR bug that should have been fixed in October 2013.

I have to reload the page 15 to 30 times easily before *sometimes* it works and download the game.

That in itself is very disturbing. I thought at first it was a little temporary glitch.

Sadly no.

I changed browser. Went to Firefox to Chromium (lastest both). It seems at first to have helped but in the long run, no.

I updated my drivers, just in case. Changed nothing.

I updated flash, just in case. Changed nothing.

I tried with another OS. Went from 7 to Xubuntu 13.10 and LTS 12.04 (liveUSB and installed version, had to use Pepperflash on Chromium to be able to load the game)). Firefox & Chromium. Same result.

I tried with other computers at home, both dual boot win7/Xubuntu, before and after update, different hardware. Firefox & Chromium. Same result.

I tried with other computers at work, both dual boot win7/Xubuntu, before and after update, different hardware.  Firefox & Chromium. Same result.

The only things that didn't change are my country, city and my account.

Well, desperate and out of options I bear with it and spent many hours after work to reload again and again the page hoping for it to work or be corrected one day.

But that's not all.

With the recent update now WHEN IT DECIDE TO LOAD I see 'CONNECTING' then 'LOADING ASSETS' and the second after the game goes black. There still the 'get more fuel' banner and the eventual red banner 'Performance issue...' when using Chromium but under it it's  black. Then nothing. I can wait hours it just stay black. No sound, nothing.

So, Am I cursed ?

Can Con do something, pretty please ? It's really driving me nut !

Help !

EDIT : LS is the only game that do that, whatever it's online save, MMO or on another sites than Armorgames. Haven't tried LS on facebook or kong though.

Edited by versus666, 26 February 2014 - 08:35 PM.

Mejorqvos

Mejorqvos
  • 124 posts

Waw, with so many details and all of your options are dead, sadly only Con and his team can help you. I wish you the best luck

Edited by Mejorqvos, 26 February 2014 - 08:35 PM.

versus666

versus666
  • 69 posts

Thanks, I hope they will find a way to make it possible again.

EDIT : I realize some may argue it could have been posted in Technical Support but as the recent update prevent the game to be loaded it seems logical to me to place it under bug reports.

Edited by versus666, 26 February 2014 - 08:43 PM.

versus666

versus666
  • 69 posts

Well ! After 10 days of tests on my personal computers I'm pretty sure the last update cut me from playing, nothing else.

I tested:

3 different linux graphic drivers (Nouveau, nvidia-304 & nvidia-319),

2 different chromium versions (33.0.1750.146 stable & 35.0.1870.2 dev),

3 different pepperflash versions (I spare the numbers here),

3 different computers running other Linux distros (more on the way),

Including any combinaisons of versions that worked fine before the last update.

And nothing changed.

Except I found 1 single computer at work that worked fine. Well... 'Fine' may not be the right word, let's say least it loads the game in less than 10 attempts.

Using a GeForce 9600 on Win7, 2 gigs ram, P4 @2.8GHz. Quite old but everything updated. Sadly playing at work is out of question.

I browsed today the forums and noticed I'm clearly not alone having these issues. I'm willing to help so I'd like a word from Con to know if this is on the List Of The Things To Fix™ or if I can conclude the game is now reserved to Windows and for the lucky ones ?

PS: the last words are not a pun related to Hardwell.

gmr37

gmr37
  • 2 posts

I have the same problem, starting from mid Febuary. Login to AG start DZ and the screen remains black after the ad no matter how many times I refresh the page, restart the computer, or switch browsers. My computer does not block anything from AG or It's affiliates so the problem is not there either.

versus666

versus666
  • 69 posts

I updated  Chromium to 35.0.1916.6 Ubuntu 13.10 with Pepperflash 12.0.0.77,  still Xubuntu 13.10. No change. Still black as ever.

That makes me made as where I workED the game load fine EVERYTIME under W7, with either Firefox or Chromium...

What changed so much to broke the game for me and many people ?

Edited by versus666, 04 April 2014 - 08:20 AM.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

I updated  Chromium to 35.0.1916.6 Ubuntu 13.10 with Pepperflash 12.0.0.77,  still Xubuntu 13.10. No change. Still black as ever.

That makes me made as where I workED the game load fine EVERYTIME under W7, with either Firefox or Chromium...

What changed so much to broke the game for me and many people ?

Did you try IE? That's what I did before when I was using my friends laptop. The problem on his laptop similar to you until I used IE and everything is working again.

versus666

versus666
  • 69 posts

Well, I don't think anyone in their right mind would make any IE version for LINUX, on April the 1rst I would have laughted much more ;)

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

Well, I don't think anyone in their right mind would make any IE version for LINUX, on April the 1rst I would have laughted much more ;)

Well you're multi-booting with W7 and Linux. Just boot with the W7 and use IE; if IE still doesn't work, try Safari, it works for me. As of now, there isn't much compatible browsers for Linux; after a quick googling there are 15 compatible browsers for Linux and some of them I haven't heard of yet.

Edited by Rain08, 05 April 2014 - 11:20 AM.

versus666

versus666
  • 69 posts

My bad, I forgot to point out I sold my W7 PCs some weeks ago. No more work, lots of bills, needed money, you know what I mean.

So no W7 for me at the moment. Sure, I could snatch an iso at the bay, but just for one game, really ?

It worked fine for **2 years** then the last update broke it. And I'm not the only one suffering this situation, many people are affected. It's not a problem on my side, it's the new whatever they added to the game that broke it for us ! Everyday I connect, hoping for a miracle fix but I see no improvement, day after day. On top of that not even a simple word from anyone @Con's team about the problem, whatever it would be a "we're on it" or a "we don't care".

In a desperate attempt I used Pipelight ( https://launchpad.net/pipelight ) to have a higher-than-it-would-be flash on Linux and use Firefox instead of the combo Chromium-Pepperflash. It worked everywhere, every site I could try.

But sadly didn't improve the situation, for TLS:DZ it's stuck at the "connecting to armorgames".

I even used an agent switcher to hide I'm on Linux, just in case there would be a stupid check that would prevent the game to load.

Guess what ?! No change.

Depressing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black screen, loading, update, windows, linux, firefox, chromium