Active Gear Idea: Special Ammo

ammo mods ammo mods explosive knockback suppression AP etc

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

IDEA EDITED

Here is an idea, replace teh ammo mods with limited use active gear, Now before some one tells me that would break teh balance let me counter point, something like this would actually fix the balance with things like the HHP, allowing for its reimplementation as a craft item.

for this idea ammo mods would lose there quality marks and be changed to match that, examples the hollow points would be knocked into 3 types HHP, standard, and soft, with the HHP being the rarest, and the soft being the most common. As for crafting that would be changed as well crafting an ammo mod would give 50 of that ammo type (based on cost).

bellow are some more ideas for ammo types. Note the numbers on them are temp.

SMG AMMO's

-temp nothing-

RIFLE AMMO's

AP rifle ammo

carry limit: 1 mag

find batches: 1 to 9 rounds

stats

damage: +30%

armor negation: 15% (meaning a 70% vest only protects against 55%)

SHOTGUN AMMO (long list)

note: unlike other weapons the mag carry doesn't change the max amount of ammo, if lets say the shot gun can carry 8 rounds and the rare ammo only allows 3 to be brought on a mission the shotgun will be loaded with 3 rounds and only 3 round when the gear is activated.

explosive slugs

note: the explosive slugs are shrapnel damage things meaning they do normal damage

carry limit: 10 shells

find batches: 1 if lucky

stats

damage: +20%

knock back: +10%

splash range +1 (so instead of having a 1 range splash has a 2 range splash)

flashbang slugs

carry limit: 40 shells

find batches: 4 to 21

stats

damage: -99%

suppression: +99% (instant suppresses any one hit)

knock back: -99% (removes knockback)

been bag slugs

carry limit: 20 shells

find batches: 2 to 18

stats

damage: -25%

knock back: +70%

bird shot

carry limit: 50shells

find baches: 1 to 27

stats

damage: +15%

range: -10%

splash range +2 (think this would make it 3 splash range when it does)

LONG RIFLE AMMO TYPES

armor piercing large caliber rounds

carry limit: 1 mag

find batches: 1 to 2

stats

damage: -20%

armor negate: 50% (brings a 70% down to 20%)

note: do to the round passing through the target more easily does less damage.

LMG AMMO TYPES

suppression rounds

carry limit: 4 mags

find batches: 10 to 54

stats

damage: -20%

suppression: +50%

+2 suppression range (will suppress survivors in 1 range of the survivor being targeted)

buzz saw rounds

carry limit: 2 mags

find batches: 100

stats

damage: +5%

accuracy: -20%

splash chance: 40%

Edited by warbrand2, 01 March 2014 - 02:59 AM.

MagBlaster

MagBlaster
  • 246 posts

First off, there are ammo mods that do this easily. 

Second, there is no "splash damage" that is just when a zombie is knocked back and it hits another zombie when being knocked back.

Yeah even if these were implemented, they would probably end up like the canned grenade and never be used.

For example, one of the early ammo mods grants +15% attack power and +60% for the ammo mods that people can make so its not that good of an idea

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

that guy, there is splash damage example ALL SHOTGUNS.

Also the stats are are low do to the fact players can use this along side things like ammo mods though that would sort of break them. I actually think ammo mods should be swapped to this type of system, as it sort of makes more sense then finding an infinite amount of hollow points at one time.

Edited by warbrand2, 28 February 2014 - 03:20 AM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

For crying out loud.

High Explosive ammo mods is another way round trying to get grenade launchers into the game.

Just stop it please.

You are like a broken record constantly pushing for the same thing over and over. At least you tried to hide it a bit more this time.

I will add in your flash bang rounds to something else linked to the other idea post you had yesterday.

The other ammo types you put forward are (in the main) covered by the existing permanent versions of ammo mods (tracer rounds for suppression etc) or would require a complete re-work of the ammo system where magazine are used rather than an ammo cost per mission.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

LLiquid you are more of  broken record then me, look at what you post, it's always the same demeaning sudo admin posts every time.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

LLiquid you are more of  broken record then me, look at what you post, it's always the same demeaning sudo admin posts every time.

If me pointing out flaws in your ideas upsets you, maybe you should either

A Block Me

B Think them through more

C Stop posting angling for the same thing over and over

PS I think you meant pseudo 

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

I will block you cause that is the only way to get rid of you. Also one huge fundamental fact about ideas no 2 are the same even if the concept is, you need to read into an idea not just the base line of it. You keep saying I have posted the same idea over and over, but I haven't each idea may seem to be the same but they are all worlds apart. You are seeing them through a narrow light and its pissing me off.

EDIT: also why the hell haven't you blocked me by now, as you have made it a huge ass statement that you hate everything I post. hell you even hate the popular ideas I post.

Edited by warbrand2, 28 February 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Mejorqvos

Mejorqvos
  • 124 posts

MAaan, you desperately want somehow a weapon shoot something that explodes :I

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

I will block you cause that is the only way to get rid of you. Also one huge fundamental fact about ideas no 2 are the same even if the concept is, you need to read into an idea not just the base line of it. You keep saying I have posted the same idea over and over, but I haven't each idea may seem to be the same but they are all worlds apart. You are seeing them through a narrow light and its pissing me off.

EDIT: also why the hell haven't you blocked me by now, as you have made it a huge ass statement that you hate everything I post. hell you even hate the popular ideas I post.

Grenade launcher ideas all have the same effect, no matter how you get there. Grenade gets launched by something and explodes.

I don't hate everything you post, I don't get that wound up about stuff that is written by someone I have never met on the internet.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

ok, will be removing the explosive ammo, as while Lliquid isn't right it does seem dumb the more I look at it, also will change the idea to incumpose all ammo mods even ones currently in game.

EDIT: Origin post edited, numbers on ammo change and idea meant for all ammo mods now.

Edited by warbrand2, 01 March 2014 - 03:00 AM.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

So I conform and change and the idea dies.... something tells me its either get hate or nothing at this point in time.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

can some one explain to me how this went from positive 2 to -2.... did changing the idea to not be a blatant way to hide a grenade launcher idea really make it that bad?

Lostman

Lostman
  • 125 posts

Adding the "mag/ammo uses" is adding unnecessary complexity. If the mod is not balanced by itself, it's not a good addition to the game. Besides, it makes them pointless compared with all the other options (I mean, a few shots with enhaced effect vs unlimited fast reloads/more range/more bullets per mag...). The old HHP Ammo mods can be balanced with the fact than they eat ammo like crazy, and that a lot of damage means nothing if you are caught between reloads. Also, the fact that you have to sacrifice extra defense or HP for them.

Now...

Suppression Ammo for LMGs is just the Tracer Rounds with different pros and cons. Busszaw Ammo's pros don't beat its cons.

Armor Piecing Ammo for LRs is... well, no. LR have long range, so don't give them more things because they are useful enough right now.

Bean Bag Shells and Bird Shot makes no sense stat-wise. And even then they aren't than much useful compared to just pumping more rounds with reload gear. The flashbang ammo maybe be fun, but I don't know how balanced it would be unless we use that weird new system you proposed and... no. Besides, it makes more sense simply being flashbang GRENADES (as active gear), but even those are usually shot down for being hard to balance.

--

The votes thing happens because weird, crazy ideas, new gear/weapons ideas  or simply unbalanced ideas tend to get free upvotes from lurkers, before the entire forum comes down of it to point out the problems in it. Also, "names" tend to bring downvotes. If you become infamous for acting in a certain way, or posting specific things, the downvotes will rain down on you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ammo, mods, ammo mods, explosive, knockback, suppression, AP, etc