Photo

Scam Report

scammer scam AJINAMOTO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Beverlina

Beverlina
  • 17 posts

It's unfortunate that my inaugural post in the forums is about this topic. 

My in-game name is bett.

On Feb 26th, I was scammed by AJINAMOTO. I paid him 30 winter keys for a PSG, but never received the item.

Here is my story: http://lsdzbett.tumb...-out-comes-back

Maruse

Maruse
  • 716 posts

Why would you give the him the weapon in advance?

Also why report this now?

Edited by Maruse, 02 March 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Beverlina

Beverlina
  • 17 posts

Why would you give the him the weapon in advance?

Also why report this now?

Hi Maruse. You haven't understood. Please refer to the link to my blogpost where I explain what happened.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 716 posts

Hi Maruse. You haven't understood. Please refer to the link to my blogpost where I explain what happened.

So yeah the trade was just randomly accepted? yeah i think you are the one responsible for that honestly.

Beverlina

Beverlina
  • 17 posts

So yeah the trade was just randomly accepted? yeah i think you are the one responsible for that honestly.

I don't know how it happened. Regardless, would you want to trade with someone who wouldn't want to make it right? For me, this is an issue of character and integrity in the people we trade with. 

Maruse

Maruse
  • 716 posts

I don't know how it happened. Regardless, would you want to trade with someone who wouldn't want to make it right? For me, this is an issue of character and integrity in the people we trade with. 

To me this seems like you accidentally accepted the trade.

Charlie

Charlie
  • 207 posts

As far as i'm concerned - its one thing to take advantage of ones mistake. I expect at least 50% of traders will do that, and i wouldnt be surprised if the number turned out to be higher. Its other to say he has nothing to do with it, promise to make it right, and than to renege on his promise. If anything it shows AJI word cannot be trusted. Useful thing to know.

gkup

gkup
  • 132 posts

Weird.

I don't see how he could get your 30 keys without you accepting... and I don't see why you would accept if he hadn't put up the PSG. Sorry to hear you lost your keys!

If you really did accept the trade accidentally before the gun was offered then I guess you made a rather expensive mistake and all you can really do is learn from it, move on and if you really want you can block this person so you won't have to deal with them again.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

Why didn't you just e-mail the team?

Beverlina

Beverlina
  • 17 posts

Weird.

I don't see how he could get your 30 keys without you accepting... and I don't see why you would accept if he hadn't put up the PSG. Sorry to hear you lost your keys!

If you really did accept the trade accidentally before the gun was offered then I guess you made a rather expensive mistake and all you can really do is learn from it, move on and if you really want you can block this person so you won't have to deal with them again.

Friends urged me to share my experience on the forums but now I'm putting it behind me. As you say, it was an expensive and sad learning experience. :/

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

Friends urged me to share my experience on the forums but now I'm putting it behind me. As you say, it was an expensive and sad learning experience. :/

It happens, always check before you click the trade button.

Lerock

Lerock
  • 82 posts

too much drama over a trade.

Beverlina

Beverlina
  • 17 posts

Why didn't you just e-mail the team?

I've kept Dead Support informed. Emailed them minutes after it happened and then again a couple of days later. 

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

That's why I told him to just e-mail. Edit: Look at the post above me.

Edited by ThatOneGuy, 02 March 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Beverlina

Beverlina
  • 17 posts

You may think so, but all the same, it seems right to let people know. I don't mind a tough trader but I don't want to trade with scammers, and that's what Aji is. 

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

It is pretty easy.

Also I got 30 keys from a trade partner for free accidentally, it is a question of honor to give him/her the weapon in return.

I wouldn't call it scamming but misbehavior. AJINAMOTO isn't a honorable person!

The lesson we learn from the story is ... don't trust anybody not even members of R1T, an alliance with good reputation ... normally!

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

mistake or not, as a few have already stated, this shows thats AJINAMOTO severely lacks in character and integrity. simply put, no one should trust this man and as such it would be foolish to trade with him. 

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

It is pretty easy.

Also I got 30 keys from a trade partner for free accidentally, it is a question of honor to give him/her the weapon in return.

I wouldn't call it scamming but misbehavior. AJINAMOTO isn't a honorable person!

The lesson we learn from the story is ... don't trust anybody not even members of R1T, an alliance with good reputation ... normally!

Yup, that would be the decent -- and quite frankly: normal -- behavior.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,684 posts

Yup, that would be the decent -- and quite frankly: normal -- behavior.

I was going to say the say thing, along the lines of quite frankly normal behavior.

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

I disagree with some people, I think that trade scammers should be known.

Are we sure that the keys were recieved? From the PMs it seems he recieved the keys.

I have had trade cost go through and the items not handed over before.

What is your in-game name?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scammer, scam, AJINAMOTO