Photo

The Tales Of The Dead Zone Professor

Story Fanfiction Professor Oak Professor Oak Con is cool

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Professor Oak

Professor Oak
  • 121 posts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Thanks for reading this section! Please, go here : http://forum.conarti...a-story-part-1/

To see the first part.

Critic, Like, Favorite, Upvote, whatever you wanna do!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 Part 1

"Supermarket"

Professor Oak quickly hid behind a large abandoned building. 'I need to patch this damn thing up!' He thought, taking off his coat. He took his Ax and cut off a large enough section to wrap around his wound, and he did so ever so quickly, as night was upon him soon. He stood up and tested the makeshift bandage, moving his left arm around in a circle and making a punching motion in the air around him. 

'It'll do.' He said, grinning. He got his coat back on, and began to move down the alleyway. As he was walking he put his Survival Ax into its holster, and flipped out his Sportshot 45. Oak pulled out the magazine he had in, and checked how many he had left. "Two. I'd better make these count." He said aloud this time. He was beginning to get lonely, although it had only been five and a half hours since he had seen another human. He felt it comforting to have a voice out in the air; even though it was his own, it was comforting.

He loaded the magazine back in and checked the slide. "One in the chamber." He said, once again into the cold air surrounding him. As he was walking, he realized that he was coming to the end of the alleyway. A large opening that came out into a large section of street was here, he perceived. As he peered around the corner of the right side of the alleyway, he saw nothing. He looked left. Still nothing.

Then he heard it. A small clicking noise. It was faint, but it was noticeable. A "click...click" noise. He focused his ears on the spot, and realized that the clicking was coming from a supermarket but a few yards away. He quickly checked back around both ends of the alleyway, then rushed for the opening. As he rushed inside, he could sense another presence. He kept his Sportshot loaded and out. 

The supermarket, from what Oak could see, had a large opening with many shopping carts. He could see a food section, with a few empty tin cans sitting on the shelf. From there, he heard the clicking; now just a few feet away, presumably in the food section somewhere. Then, Professor Oak did it. He rushed around the corner, Sportshot out, aiming at whatever was moving. His adrenaline was pumping, his heart was very light. He heard nothing. The clicking had stopped, and he was alone in this supermarket. He decided that he probably scared the person off. 

However, Oak was definitely not alone. From out of the corner of his eye, he could see the figure advance, bat in hand, raised. The figure dashed at Oak. 

He, however, was ready. As the figure swung the bat, he caught it in the air and diverted it to the left, and flipped his grip on the Sportshot to the barrel. He moved his hand from the bat and onto the person's arm, pulling him toward Oak. As the figure was forced towards him, Oak slammed the grip of the pistol into the person's cheek. 

"Ow!" He heard the figure squeal. It let out a quick cry of pain as it fell to the floor in front of Oak. 

Now, he could see it wasn't a man, an intruder, or an enemy. 

It was a girl. As she clutched her cheek in pure agony, she looked up at Professor Oak. "Bastard!" She screamed at him, kicking her right foot up into his crotch.

"Agh!" he screamed, almost girl-like. He clutched himself there and fell to the floor, rolling in pain. "Shit.." he said, tears forming in his eyes. 

"Hmph." the girl said, standing up. She had a backpack on. As she stood up she dropped the backpack onto the floor, and pulled out a box of band-aids. She took some out and applied it to her nose and cheek, obviously the very bottom of the gun must have caused serious pain on the side of her face. When she finished, Oak was still reeling in pain. She had kicked him very hard, obviously. 

"Ah...damn..I can't just leave you here.." she said, looking at the door. She quickly ran over to the supermarket's doors and shut them, securing the building. "Geddup." she said, trying to coax him into a pain-relieved state. 

"Agh...damn bitch, why'd you kick me in the nuts?" Oak said, angry. 

"I dunno, why'd you pistol whip me in the face?" she said, sitting down on an overturned cart. 

Professor Oak got up after about another five minutes of pain, and took a nearby empty crate. He sat it down a few feet from her. 

After a few minutes of muted silence, Oak heard another soft "click", and then a light came on. An electrical lantern was now placed in between them, and the Professor got a good look at the girl.

She had a soft, pale look to her skin composure. She was about...5'7 if she stood up, an inch smaller than Oak himself. She was skinny yet strong; Oak could tell from his now new crotch wound. Her eyes were a kind pale blue, and a few freckles lined her upper cheeks, near her eyes. Her blonde hair  was somewhat curly at the very bottom of it, and it went to about half her back. 

She, on the other hand, got a good look at Professor Oak. He was a tanned person around the same age as she, with blonde/brown-ish hair and a serious tone to his face. He had bags under his eyes as if he hadn't slept for days. He wore a nice white coat with a part ripped off crudely. His eyes were dark brown and understanding. He had a slightly stockier build than she.

"My name is Oak, by the way." Professor Oak said, after another few minutes passed. 

"Jacq." ( Pronounced "Jack" )  She said. After a second or two, she said her full name, "Jacqueline."

She held her hand out in a shake position, and he took it. A brief shake of hands was all it took for her to open up a bit.

"Why are you here?" she questioned.

"Well, I heard some clicking noises, so I decided to see what it was. And it was you, and your lamp."

"Yeah. I got kinda bored, so...I started to play with it." she said, not making eye contact with him. 

Then, Oak heard his stomach growl. "Hungry, aren't we?" she teased him, reaching into her backpack. She pulled out a can of stew and tossed it to him. Oak quickly opened it with his Ax and ate it hungrily.

"Sooo,..." she said after a while. "Umm...I guess..I'll be...going?" she said, awkwardly. She stood up and took her lantern and turned it off. "Time to go. Maybe we'll see each othe-" was all she could say before a hand smashed through the glass door, sending bits and pieces flying around. 

"No!" she screamed, terrified. 

Professor Oak got up calmly, emptying the rest of the stew onto the floor. "You see, Ms. Jaq, these little buggers aren't exactly...scary. Calm down. I got this..." Professor Oak said, stopping his heroic-like speech as he saw what was on the other side.

A large horde of the undead had clamored outside, all beating rapidly now. 

"Fuggin' A. Find another exit, I'll hold them off." Oak said, looking desperately at his 45. Sportshot. Jaqueline ran off into the dark. As she looked back  at the figure of Oak standing there, she yelled, "You'd better find me!"

"Pff." Oak thought, rolling his eyes. "She doesn't think I can take em' on."

As the first line of infected rolled through the doors, Oak quickly took account of how large they were. The first seven to get through were fairly all scrawny and weak; surprisingly the fat ones couldn't get in. (/sarcasm)

As they rushed in at Oak, they began to circle him.  One threw himself directly at his chest. Oak ducked down, causing the zombie to fly just a few centimeters above his back. Oak raised his body up and threw the zombie at another, causing those two to topple. As the other five closed in, Oak sliced upward at one zombie, ripping his chin out from his body. Quickly he spun around with his Ax, decapitating another. He pushed one of them back and swooped at its knee, causing it to fall. This gave Oak enough time to slam his fist into a zombie's head, causing the zombie to get knocked back. He sliced horizontally at the zombie behind the one he clocked, hacking his chest and causing massive blood loss. Oak then pushed the one in front of the other, causing the two to fall. Professor Oak then did a 180, checking on the zombie he had swept to the floor.

He had gotten up and began to rush at him. Oak then got into a fighter stance, putting his survival Ax into its sleeve and raising his right foot up and letting his left foot take lead, giving him some leverage.His right arm was back and ready to land a heavy blow, while his left arm would jab. As the zombie closed in, Professor Oak turned so that his right hip was facing the zombie. As he slid into position, he lifted his right leg and faced his foot at the undead, giving a quick roundhouse kick to the zombie, slamming him into a few carts. He then turned to his left and jabbed twice at one zombie, then flipped out his Survival Ax, lopping the zombie's arm off. He then slashed again, cutting halfway into the zombie's neck before spinning around and attacking the two zombies he had pushed over. He slammed the Ax into one zombie's head and kicked back the other. He then pulled out his Sportshot 45. and capped the one he kicked. He then took out his Ax from the zombie, and turned tail.

'Eff that,' he thought, 'I have no ammo and there are way too many pouring in now.'

Oak rushed through corners of the store, knocking down a shelf as he turned to the back. "Jaqueline!" he shouted. 

"Through here!" she called frantically. 

He turned through the storage compartments and then finally he called again. "I can't see you! It's too dark!" 

Then, he saw her throw up a flashlight, the light spinning in a section a few feet away. As he rushed to that location, he saw the door she was about to shut. He rushed in and grabbed her shoulder, causing her to shut the door. He then proceeded to lock it. 

He scanned the room. He didn't see much. This room was almost entirely dark now that the door was shut. However he could feel a sturdy bookcase, one that he could use to barricade the door. He quickly pushed it in front of it, and set up a metal bar as a leverage to the wall so that it wouldn't fall over. 

"There's no way out.." Jaqueline said, almost to tears. 

"Calm down. Surely there's a way.." Oak said, trying to look around. 

"No...we're in a section that has nothing but blank walls.." she said.

"There...there...must be a way." he said, trying to keep his panic in. He didn't know how well she was in a fight, but it appeared since she was so scared, she wouldn't do good. He had but two bullets left in his Sportshot 45. and his Ax wasn't enough. 

Soon, he heard the banging on the door. He led her to a corner and sat in there with her.

He sighed. "This is it, then." Oak said. "This'll be the last time I ever see another human, and I don't even know your last name."

"Johnson." she said. "I don't even know your first name, Oak." 

"It's not important. I'd rather just go by Oak. I'm sorry." He apologized. 

"No..it's fine." She took off her backpack and opened it, taking out a lantern. She sat it down. 

"Would you like to die in the dark or in the light?" she said. He could see her half smile weakly. 

"I'd rather sit here in the dark with you." he said, smiling back. 

She blushed, and said nothing more, taking a seat next to the Professor.

Of course, Oak had only known this girl for a few minutes, but he had grown to like her. She was about a year or two younger than him, and was quite a looker. 

Still, Oak could take out a whole army without flinching, wipe out zombies, but he surely couldn't confess his own feelings to anyone.

So they sat there, in the darkness, the only thing they heard was the sound of their breathing and the fast paced thumping that the zombies were doing outside, slamming on the door in pure anger. She had snuggled up close to Oak, and he had his arm around her. She lay her head on his chest, and had gotten closer to him. The feeling was something that Oak himself couldn't explain. He felt truly warm in such a dark, cold, dead world. 

Oak got up for a moment, and turned on the lantern. One more look around the room couldn't hurt.

Now; he could see the whole room. 

This wasn't any normal storage; it was the Supermarket's weapon cache. 

"Hello." he said, trying to shake off the warmth he had just a few moments ago. He slammed the lock and broke it off, and opened the fence. In the cover was much to see. Lines of Shotguns, a few 22. Mannings, some pistols...and 45. Ammo. He took two pouches full of ammo, and began filling up some magazines. 

"Jaqueline." he said.

She got up, somewhat longing for that moment just a few seconds ago. 

"Yeah?" Jaqueline said.

"Grab one of those Pistols over there and begin filling it up. We're getting out of here by force."

-To be Continued in Part 2 of "Supermarket" ! - 

==================================================================================================================

I think I used quite a bit of repetition in the zombie fight scene. 

Oh well!

Edited by Professor Oak, 29 April 2013 - 03:56 AM.

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

To be honest, I think you should put it on an online hosting site then put the link on the forums. It'd be a lot better.

Professor Oak

Professor Oak
  • 121 posts

To be honest, I think you should put it on an online hosting site then put the link on the forums. It'd be a lot better.

Naah :P

I'd rather just use the Forums on the game I am writing a FanFiction about. 

Also; Post more of your story! 

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Hehe, been busy I see...yea, we'll need a fanfiction subsection on the forum, and soon...+1 dude, and most people write at 2AM, its normal bro ;)

ZackMoody

ZackMoody
  • 67 posts

Great, can't wait to see the next Chapter. I'm still getting used to the name Professor Oak, though...

Oak: "My name is Oak, by the way."

Jacq: "Jacq. Jacqueline."

Oak: "...Are you a boy or a girl?"

Professor Oak

Professor Oak
  • 121 posts

Finally done with part 1 of this Chapter. :D

Re-read it!

ZackMoody

ZackMoody
  • 67 posts

Haha, finally? Congratulations. I hope the next update is well on its way.

All in all, pretty good story -- can't wait to see the "bigger picture" plot.

There IS a "bigger picture," right?

Troublemaker

Troublemaker
  • 153 posts

Waiting for more...

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 563 posts

Again, consider being a writer. Looking forward to the next chapter, nice work son. 

Edited by Frostedd, 05 May 2013 - 02:12 AM.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,649 posts

This is EPIC

Professor Oak

Professor Oak
  • 121 posts

Haha, finally? Congratulations. I hope the next update is well on its way.

All in all, pretty good story -- can't wait to see the "bigger picture" plot.

There IS a "bigger picture," right?

The picture right now is currently a spin-off of my legitimate character called, "Professor_Oak" in game.

I'll probably figure a larger picture in the end-- keep in mind I'm only just barely in my teens. I'm just now getting into writing on forums, usually I don't get this much reputation. 

Professor Oak

Professor Oak
  • 121 posts

Waiting for more...

Working on it probably tonight. 

I have homework -- so...maybe.

ZackMoody

ZackMoody
  • 67 posts

I'll probably figure a larger picture in the end-- keep in mind I'm only just barely in my teens.

Gotcha. Just saying it's easier to finish a story when you already know the ending. ;) Cheers

Professor Oak

Professor Oak
  • 121 posts

Bumping for Peter.. 

Dustchu

Dustchu
  • 14 posts

Nice work on this once more my friend, great work ^^

Keep it up! nothing better then some zombie killing in the morning :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Story, Fanfiction, Professor, Oak, Professor Oak, Con is cool