Photo

Fire Pit

Junk

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

L P

L P
  • 3 posts

I'm Level 50 and nearly all of my survivors are or will be soon.  I have no need for anything other than fuel and unique/rare items.

What am I going to do with 57,333 Wire, 4,429 Car Batteries and 13,826 Straps?

It is completely unrealistic to think my survivors are going to keep picking up junk like this.  It would take me a decade to delete or recycle this stuff.  Why can't I make them stop?

How about we just build a fire pit that we can instantly dump endless amounts of this stuff into?  I'm pretty sure that the EPA isn't going to come snooping  with all the Zombies lurking about.  The more stuff = brighter fire that attracts zombies or something, anything. And how about this be done in one or two clicks and poof, it's all sent off into oblivion.

It doesn't even have to be a fire, just a pit straight to hell.  Or maybe I could just use my Death Mobile to haul all this stuff off to some other sucker's compound and make it their problem.  

Please, just stop the madness.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

Considering they only take one spot, I would just leave them alone, but that's just me.

The88Percent

The88Percent
  • 122 posts

Considering they only take one spot, I would just leave them alone, but that's just me.

i'm nowhere close to lvl 50 yet but i can see how just one spot could be a problem if you are. i'm guessing the reason it's so hard is to get people to buy the inventory upgrade though

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Something like this? http://forum.conarti...ator#entry57625

L P

L P
  • 3 posts

Something like this? http://forum.conarti...ator#entry57625

Yes exactly, I figure if enough people are asking for something like this we should at least get a little consideration.  Half of the ideas posted are about the tedious nature of inventory management.  It was only addressed with using fuel to buy more slots.  There is too much clicking involved and the inventory just looks stupid.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

LP, that is exactly the core of the issue here. that's why there is posts about incinerators, fire pits, upgraded inventory, insta-recyclers and fire pits. the amount of clicking and/or time the recycler takes to process items is flat out ridiculous. there is no reason why it should be as much of a chore as it is. this tedium of having to click a thousand times per session does nothing to benefit the game.

Ruben Maidana

Ruben Maidana
  • 79 posts

I'm Level 50 and nearly all of my survivors are or will be soon.  I have no need for anything other than fuel and unique/rare items.

What am I going to do with 57,333 Wire, 4,429 Car Batteries and 13,826 Straps?

It is completely unrealistic to think my survivors are going to keep picking up junk like this.  It would take me a decade to delete or recycle this stuff.  Why can't I make them stop?

How about we just build a fire pit that we can instantly dump endless amounts of this stuff into?  I'm pretty sure that the EPA isn't going to come snooping  with all the Zombies lurking about.  The more stuff = brighter fire that attracts zombies or something, anything. And how about this be done in one or two clicks and poof, it's all sent off into oblivion.

It doesn't even have to be a fire, just a pit straight to hell.  Or maybe I could just use my Death Mobile to haul all this stuff off to some other sucker's compound and make it their problem.  

Please, just stop the madness.

do something calle "recyle" 

L P

L P
  • 3 posts

do something calle "recyle" 

Gee thanks buddy, you really helped move the conversation along with that well thought out response...

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

It's obvious we have junk to slow the game down, otherwise some fanatical DMU players would just turn the map red everyday and disrupt the economy. That's why I don't think there ever will be fire pits, incinerators, or zombie garbage men collecting our trash.

One thing that is irritating though is when I am manually recycling my junk, lots of it now seems to require a click on opposite side of the recycle button meaning I can't get a rhythm going. I appreciate what I said above^ but for the love of god, there must be a way to make the process less soul destroying. 

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

It's obvious we have junk to slow the game down, otherwise some fanatical DMU players would just turn the map red everyday and disrupt the economy. That's why I don't think there ever will be fire pits, incinerators, or zombie garbage men collecting our trash.

One thing that is irritating though is when I am manually recycling my junk, lots of it now seems to require a click on opposite side of the recycle button meaning I can't get a rhythm going. I appreciate what I said above^ but for the love of god, there must be a way to make the process less soul destroying. 

I can't tell you how many times I've had the same problem.

The88Percent

The88Percent
  • 122 posts

LP, that is exactly the core of the issue here. that's why there is posts about incinerators, fire pits, upgraded inventory, insta-recyclers and fire pits. the amount of clicking and/or time the recycler takes to process items is flat out ridiculous. there is no reason why it should be as much of a chore as it is. this tedium of having to click a thousand times per session does nothing to benefit the game.

i totally agree with this. i have said this type of thing about many games and i'm sure every gamer would agree: there is a difference between something CHALLENGING and something TEDIOUS AND ANNOYING. it is not hard to recycle stuff all day, it's just time consuming, pointless, busy work!

i get that it slows DMU users down a bit but imho, they paid 30 bucks for it and shouldn't be punished for that (this coming from a non-dmu user).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Junk