Make Bans Mean Something

Bans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

KHill

KHill
  • 200 posts

POPULAR

Hey Folks.  I keep seeing people talk like Bans are nothing. Then I see Tom and Sev frustrated over it, Both guys seem a bit jaded with the community. (I'm sure Con is as well,I just haven't seen him). Now they aren't here for communication like they used to be. They're on the defense.

Moderating IDIOTS sucks and we have a growing population. So they need better tools to deal with the growing population.

So Bans seriously need more weight,Other then just a break from the game. Make them disable books, protections and Lose their Alliance(war points along with it. If they are a Founders, Disband the Alliance.) While the person is banned. This will allow the community to help administer it's own Justice, Taking a bit of weight off the Admins shoulders and giving them the required juice to penalize a person. 

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

I like it, it can make dealing with trolls and other troublemakers easier.

MagBlaster

MagBlaster
  • 246 posts

I actually like this idea

Edited by That Guy, 17 March 2014 - 04:25 AM.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

I actually like this idea

Actually he isn't new, he's maxed.

dead account here

dead account here
  • 333 posts

Hey Folks.  I keep seeing people talk like Bans are nothing. Then I see Tom and Sev frustrated over it, Both guys seem a bit jaded with the community. (I'm sure Con is as well,I just haven't seen him). Now they aren't here for communication like they used to be. They're on the defense.

Moderating IDIOTS sucks and we have a growing population. So they need better tools to deal with the growing population.

So Bans seriously need more weight,Other then just a break from the game. Make them disable books, protections and Lose their Alliance(war points along with it. If they are a Founders, Disband the Alliance.) While the person is banned. This will allow the community to help administer it's own Justice, Taking a bit of weight off the Admins shoulders and giving them the required juice to penalize a person. 

Yes! Finally something to get rid of He Who I Shall Never Name! (No, not Krono...he's already gone anyways...)

Actually he isn't new, he's maxed.

Um...what?

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

Um...what?

I meant he's level 50. If you're confused as to what I replied to, he edited his post.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

Yes! Finally something to get rid of He Who I Shall Never Name! (No, not Krono...he's already gone anyways...)

Chaosian-02_zpsebeba2bb.png

You were saying?

Overall, I believe this idea is rock-solid and will mean something to those who don't take the punishment seriously.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Uh no.

Hackers are already banned for life (when caught).

For chat trolls, you penalties are far to harsh.  A repeat offender should get at most a perma-ban from chat -- that's it.   To deal with alt accounts however, a taint checker would be a good idea.   Regardless, most people should block the offending person, and move on.

That only leaves scammers, and my feeling on that is that nobody presses accept trade but you, so you need to double (maybe even triple) check your trades before you accept them.

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

They need to cycle each other out dealing with too many idiots puts a serious strain on you mentally and it leaves you very jaded and bitter about the whole experience. This comes from experience I was bullied for about a year on my bus too and from school so it was an hour and a half a day, until they grew the fuck up (the school did jack about it) and it left me very bitter.

But I'll have commend them for making the chat a better place, it's a shame that the internet is full of morons.

dead account here

dead account here
  • 333 posts

-snip-

Wow...that I didn't know...but seriously though, I was talking about someone else...I'd mention his name...but he is unworthy of mention...

KHill

KHill
  • 200 posts

Ok, I'm lvl 50, have been playing for nearly a year.

Yes, I was banned for 5 min. my 3rd or 4th day of playing.

I've also been a Moderator before! 

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

Ok, I'm lvl 50, have been playing for nearly a year.

Yes, I was banned for 5 min. my 3rd or 4th day of playing.

I've also been a Moderator before! 

They don't want community moderators because someone is bound to go completely powerhungry and start handing out bans, that can deliver some serious goodwill damage to CAG one that could've been avoided.

Also been playing for two years. Don't want to be a moderator.

Edited by God of Evil, 17 March 2014 - 07:00 AM.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts
The idea of player mods seems too loose. The last thing we want is another battlefield 3 power abuse.

dead account here

dead account here
  • 333 posts

They don't want community moderators because someone is bound to go completely powerhungry and start handing out bans, that can deliver some serious goodwill damage to CAG one that could've been avoided.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."  - - - Some homeless guy I knew...

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

He lost his 2 year grind, so it's not like he didn't suffer. Sure Krono is back. But let him rot.

Calultra

Calultra
  • 82 posts

Uh no.

Hackers are already banned for life (when caught).

For chat trolls, you penalties are far to harsh.  A repeat offender should get at most a perma-ban from chat -- that's it.   To deal with alt accounts however, a taint checker would be a good idea.   Regardless, most people should block the offending person, and move on.

That only leaves scammers, and my feeling on that is that nobody presses accept trade but you, so you need to double (maybe even triple) check your trades before you accept them.

completely agree mate.

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

I don't know if there is an alert or something, but if a player gets a bunch of blocks with-in a few minutes, that is a sign that something isn't right in the room. By having an alert, there would be a community type moderator.

KHill

KHill
  • 200 posts

This isn't about New Moderators. This about about giving the Mods we already have, more juice to make a BAN mean something. Some folks feel what we have is a joke.  They get banned and laugh about it, That alone causes Mods to burn out.

TROLLS by definition are tormenters and Instigators. Thus deserving of what ever bans offer

Seriously I will never be a Moderator again. Unless I'm paid for it!! Some folks only learn from a baseball bat to the head a few times.

Edited by KHill, 19 March 2014 - 09:13 PM.

The88Percent

The88Percent
  • 122 posts

what's everyone's problem with trolls? they make the world go round.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

Are we forgetting the certain groups that own TLS:DZ on AG/FB and kong that run the game like they own it and if you dont take their side they will get you banned through entrapment .

Are you talking about people in chat, or in alliances?  Edit: Sorry for bumping.

Edited by Dallas, 23 March 2014 - 03:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bans