Photo

More Infected Type....?

infected zombie type

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

yipkakin

yipkakin
  • 42 posts

Old players may enjoy PvP more than PvE, and I think the zombie missions should be updated to make it be more fun.

One of the suggestion is to make more types of zombies, maybe developers may design these kind of infected:

- Infected with projective resistance

- Zombie Dogs with higher speed or attack

- Strong Infected that can deal very high damage

- Infected with long arms

- Infected that won't be knockbacked

...etc

Do you think this idea is good? What is your suggestions?

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

From your descriptions;

...etc

They already exist;

Military/police zombies (assuming you mean projectile resistance) wear armor

Zombie dogs exist

Fat/rotter zombies

Con has said "no" to mutant/boss zombies

Fat/rotter zombies are very hard to knockback

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

I think those armoured zombies are just given more health, would be nice if they actually had projectile resistance instead of health, that'd make em easier to kill with melee.

And i wouldn't mind the return of crawlers.

yipkakin

yipkakin
  • 42 posts

I know that most of the players uses firearms in missions, that's why I suggested to add projectile resistance zombies.

And also a new kind of zombies with high speed and health would be fun.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

Con has said "no" to mutant/boss zombies

uh, I know he said long arm zombies but that doesn't have to be a mutation, some people like me for example have long arms. there are also medical conditions that can cause people to have long arm's legs and other things.

any way on topic.

this topic is really low details its more of an infer what you want out of the concept then an actual concept so here is what I am getting out of it.

1. guessing you want the military and riot zombies to actually have projectile resist instead of just having higher health.

1. zombies dogs exist but I am guessing this is a at higher level things so here is a idea I came up to try to figure yours out.

::idea::

police dog

info: a zombie dog that was used in police work, do to this it still has its armored vest, there for has a 20% projectile resist

traits: same as a normal dog only has 20% projectile resist

looks: http://epequip.com/w...r-image-web.jpg

1. like LLiquid says this is where the fat and bruiser zombies come in, like teh dog idea I am guessing you mean you want a higher level form of that, so here is an idea.

herc jugernaugh

info: whats left of teh herc manned defense of the dead zone, this zombie is kitted out with the highest grade armor in existance.

traits: 70% resist to projectiles and explosives, but moves slower then other zombies

looks: see my profile image

1. while people with long arms do exist, most people are going to think mutant zombie which is a no go, but here is a idea any way.

tall zombie

info: a person who had Marfan Syndrome, this zombie is taller then any other zombies (at aprox 7 foot), but it is also weaker.

traits: has half the health of other zombies it's level, but it makes up for that by having 3 range on melee (not relistic for teh syndrome but works)

looks: a very tall skinny zombie

1. think this would jsut be the fat zombies and armor zombies.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

I know that most of the players uses firearms in missions, that's why I suggested to add projectile resistance zombies.

And also a new kind of zombies with high speed and health would be fun.

They already exist. Well, sort of. It's like what LLiquid said above.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

1. zombies dogs exist but I am guessing this is a at higher level things so here is a idea I came up to try to figure yours out.

police dog

info: a zombie dog that was used in police work, do to this it still has its armored vest, there for has a 20% projectile resist

traits: same as a normal dog only has 20% projectile resist

looks: http://epequip.com/w...r-image-web.jpg

tall zombie

info: a person who had Marfan Syndrome, this zombie is taller then any other zombies (at aprox 7 foot), but it is also weaker.

traits: has half the health of other zombies it's level, but it makes up for that by having 3 range on melee (not relistic for teh syndrome but works)

looks: a very tall skinny zombie

The police dogs would be nice to have, but about that 2nd one.... Marfan Syndrome

Ahem...

"Estimates indicate about one in 3,000 to 5,000 individuals have Marfan syndrome." - Wikipedia

Back in 2008 the world population was counted somewhere around 6.6 billion people

Union Cities population pre outbreak was 350,000

5,000 / 6,600,000,000 = 0.00007% Of the world population has this disease.

0.00007% of 350,000 would be 0.245 zombie (which rounded down would be 0)

Basically this isn't viable.

Also...

*the

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

-snip-

You sure Jerome? Never trust wikipedia, even when it helps you finish your homework.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

The number would need to be A LOT higher for it to be a common issue found amongst zombies.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

it isn't really the syndrome that has to do with it, that's should a cop out explanation, I am 6 foot 1 inch (keep in mine 6 food 4 is taller then 90% of earth's human population) and have long arms with thoughs stats it would be easy to say I would be a tall zombie if zombified. The syndrome used in the idea was just something to give people a mental picture.

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

I would be a tall zombie if zombified. 

Unless your legs are chewed off and you have to pull yourself by your arms while laying down, just saying.  

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

Unless your legs are chewed off and you have to pull yourself by your arms while laying down, just saying.  

Chewed off? Not likely. Shot off? That's more likely.

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

Chewed off? Not likely. Shot off? That's more likely.

By the zombies that made you their dinner...  Even if they eat up to your knees then you're not very tall are you.

Edited by INoEmo, 19 March 2014 - 04:00 AM.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

By the zombies that made you their dinner...  Even if they eat up to your knees then you're not very tall are you.

Then you'd be a crawler.

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

Then you'd be a crawler.

You'd still be a (not very tall) zombie though.  Are you saying that because it has only half a leg it's not a zombie?  That's discrimination, all zombies are the same no matter how tall they are, what colour skin, what body parts they are missing or what race they like eating the most.  If you have experienced discrimination because of how you walk call the zombie hotline at 567-903-652

tangytoby

tangytoby
  • 668 posts
I dare you to call that number.

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

I dare you to call that number.

Way ahead of you.  I did a prank call with my friends to this number and started talking about how my uncle was being discriminated against because of what type of zombie he was.  The guy was confused so I sent him here XD

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

im cool with diversifying the zed a bit. none of these suggestions are crazy mutated zombies, in fact, quite the opposite. these are all reasonable suggestions and adding some new flavor to the pve side of the game is welcome suggestion.

MagBlaster

MagBlaster
  • 246 posts

Why not add a tall zombie like they said what was in the prisons when they came out. 

Buff, strong zombie, extremely hard to knockback, and deals a lot of damage like maybe 30 or 35.

They should be borderline rare between the bruisers and the HERC zombies.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

Why not add a tall zombie like they said what was in the prisons when they came out. 

Buff, strong zombie, extremely hard to knockback, and deals a lot of damage like maybe 30 or 35.

They should be borderline rare between the bruisers and the HERC zombies.

That seems way stronger than both of those.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: infected, zombie, type