Error In Automatic Attack Survivors.

Survivors attack automatic error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MarcusOliveira

MarcusOliveira
  • 1 posts

Hello Con,

Already apologize for not speaking fluent English and write wrong.

I'll try to explain so that you understand my problem:

My survivors are not attacking zombies automatically when they stay Nearby. 
The zombies knocking on my sobrevimentes and they stand without sketching some reaction. 

Details: My surviving use of fire arms and most do not outline any reaction. 
The automatic mode it is normal.
The manual mode they are with this bug.

douevnliftm8

douevnliftm8
  • 57 posts

This is quite a late bump and i'm not sure if this has been mentioned since but its still happening so I thought i'd chip in

Same thing happens to me, usually with melee weapon-equipped survivors (i say usually, i dont think it's ever happened with a gun-toting survivor). They just stand there being beaten up by a bunch of infected not hitting back, the guy got 2 broken arms within the space of 5 seconds yet just stood there taking it lol, if i click on a zombie to attack, they kill it but then just go back to standing there, so obviously as soon as they meet a large group of infected i just turn the game off because i know they'll just stand there until they've been beaten to death.

I was gunna save up any issues like this and post them all in one thread but this one is the most game altering so I had to post something sooner rather than later.

EDIT; Forgot to mention, this doesn't happen all the time. 8 times out of 10, any survivors not looting will attack any zombie nearby, but rarely i get this issue

Edited by douevnliftm8, 25 January 2015 - 09:37 PM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

What books are you using?

If you are using one called "Ready, Aim, Zombies" you are stopping your survivors from attacking automatically.

When your survivors are hit, there is a chance that they receive "knockback" which stops whatever they were doing (attacking, reloading, healing, scavenging etc.) This will show more often in slow weapons (Battering rams as an obvious example). Having a mix of guns and melee will mean that even if your guy is being stunned before he can attack, the others will shoot the zombies.

douevnliftm8

douevnliftm8
  • 57 posts

I have no books equipped yet

I've noticed that if a survivor is hit while scavenging, eventually he'll stop, kill the zombie, then kill any nearby as normal until i tell him to go back to scavenging.

However, if he manages to finish scavenging, on odd occasions he wont go back to attacking anything in sight as normal, he'll just freeze on the spot until i click for him to move(regardless of whether he's under attack), THEN he'll go back to normal.

I genuinely hope it is something im doing wrong lol because it's the only bug i've noticed that actually does affect gameplay

Edited by douevnliftm8, 26 January 2015 - 02:56 AM.

Noob

Noob
  • 144 posts

I have no books equipped yet

I've noticed that if a survivor is hit while scavenging, eventually he'll stop, kill the zombie, then kill any nearby as normal until i tell him to go back to scavenging.

However, if he manages to finish scavenging, on odd occasions he wont go back to attacking anything in sight as normal, he'll just freeze on the spot until i click for him to move(regardless of whether he's under attack), THEN he'll go back to normal.

I genuinely hope it is something im doing wrong lol because it's the only bug i've noticed that actually does affect gameplay

I have this exact same issue. Happens on every large map like street. The survivor just 'freezes' when using the melee weapon against a zombie. He takes a swing, and then literally freezes as if time stops, and doesn't hit back or anything. It usually happens in I just ignore it since I know excessive lag is the reason is happens to me. That's why I don't scavenge places like Large Parks or Highways because they are extremely laggy for me. The large maps take up so much memory and cause a lot of lag for me.

Same thing happens to me, usually with melee weapon-equipped survivors (i say usually, i dont think it's ever happened with a gun-toting survivor). They just stand there being beaten up by a bunch of infected not hitting back, the guy got 2 broken arms within the space of 5 seconds yet just stood there taking it lol, if i click on a zombie to attack, they kill it but then just go back to standing there, so obviously as soon as they meet a large group of infected i just turn the game off because i know they'll just stand there until they've been beaten to death.

Exactly what happens to me. Street, large warehouse, suburban street, highway, large park. Small areas like Security or Police Station I never have these problems because they have much less lag.

Edited by Noob, 26 January 2015 - 03:39 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Survivors, attack, automatic, error