Photo

Replacement Rifles

sniper op plz nerf um m24

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Hyunwoo

Hyunwoo
  • 626 posts

So everyone should know about the so called "OP" M24 and how it was moved up to the higher levels to "nerf" it. However with this, complaints has arose that Vintage M24s are killing the game and it's a back and forth argument whether Con should get rid of Vintage M24s or not.

Now personally when the M24 was moved up, I personally thought that Con should have created a replacement rifle for it. The M24 is highly known for its range and a high damage level at the level 17-21 area. However, it was the base range that made M24 king of LRs before the M107 came out. So here I propose a new LR. I'm not sure about which gun it should be based off, so I'm just gonna list off the stats of a new bolt action rifle if it should be out.

(N/A) Long Rifle (LvL:17-21)

Ammo Cost: 100

Effective Range: 23

Minimum Effective Range:9

Minimum Damage: 85

Maximum Damage: 105

Attack per second (APS): 0.85

Accuracy: 65%

Reload Time: 3.75 second

Capacity: 10

DPS: 39.8

Now, I know all the comments incoming already, "That's just a repost of the M24 with minor changes", and yes I did do that on purpose, so let me explain for the stats.

Effective range: Now as M24 was known as the king of range, it's kinda fitting to make the replacement LR similar, but not exactly the same range. 23 range is superior to any other rifles until it actually gets back to the M24.

Now the damage is intentionally low compared to the M24, even though it still hits hard for its level range.

To counter out the lack of heavy damage that the M24 dishes out, the APS is nearly double.

Reload, kinda of self-explanatory.

Further ideas, criticism? Don't make this a 50 reply fight between two users.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Honestly based upon the new rifles I think it would have been better (and caused less uproar in the long run) to keep the M24s where they were and nerf the damage they do some.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

The stats itself looks balanced, almost like a higher version of a Van Buren, and I have yet to see any flaws in them other than what type of rifle would be appropriate to use.

Hyunwoo

Hyunwoo
  • 626 posts

Honestly based upon the new rifles I think it would have been better (and caused less uproar in the long run) to keep the M24s where they were and nerf the damage they do some.

This replacement rifle was meant to fill in the gap where the vintage M24s were.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

I like this since the new players do need something that can reach up to the m24s at least to some degree.

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 272 posts

Looks good...DPS seems to be a little low however for the aps you have.

Hyunwoo

Hyunwoo
  • 626 posts

Looks good...DPS seems to be a little low however for the aps you have.

The M24 has a dps of just 40.9, so this new rifle having a dps of 39.8 (That is meant as a replacement rifle) made more sense to me. I tried an aps of 1 to the rifle but this jacked the dps up by 4, I didn't want the new rifle to be too different from the m24.

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

I've got a few of them M24s and it's given me the tactical advantage and i can beat people with long rifles even if they're in the towers. Poor guys....

Hyunwoo

Hyunwoo
  • 626 posts

I've got a few of them M24s and it's given me the tactical advantage and i can beat people with long rifles even if they're in the towers. Poor guys....

Exactly why I felt like a replacement rifle was needed. This could at least give them a better chance fending off M24 raiders/defenders. Also this would imo, help end the "Get rid of vintage m24 argument".

Calultra

Calultra
  • 82 posts

i completely agree there needs to be a new bolt action at level 20 because if would fill this void of vintages, herc 24a1 for example. I would suggests the max range of this LR be 22 fully maxed so unique versions with 50% range would max out at 33 range for example. I have suggested this before myself and am in complete support of this idea  

Hyunwoo

Hyunwoo
  • 626 posts

i completely agree there needs to be a new bolt action at level 20 because if would fill this void of vintages, herc 24a1 for example. I would suggests the max range of this LR be 22 fully maxed so unique versions with 50% range would max out at 33 range for example. I have suggested this before myself and am in complete support of this idea  

The range does seem a bit low, 22 for a maxed? Maybe base range 22, but the aps and damage is low enough to warrant a 23 range imo. I made it 23 range, because hopefully then the raider/defender would have some chance against the M24.

Calultra

Calultra
  • 82 posts

The range does seem a bit low, 22 for a maxed? Maybe base range 22, but the aps and damage is low enough to warrant a 23 range imo. I made it 23 range, because hopefully then the raider/defender would have some chance against the M24.

sure :)

Hyunwoo

Hyunwoo
  • 626 posts

SV98.jpg

Here's your replacement rifle. Dem aesthetics.

Cool rifle, but I'm just proposing a new rifle's stats.

Idiotlee

Idiotlee
  • 95 posts

perhaps we should put the M-21 carbine into the game. its a semi auto sniper that is generally seen as a an weaker in dmg and range but semi auto version of the M-24

Edited by Idiotlee, 13 April 2014 - 01:40 PM.

Hyunwoo

Hyunwoo
  • 626 posts

perhaps we should put the M-21 carbine into the game. its a semi auto sniper that is generally seen as a an weaker in dmg and range but semi auto version of the M-24

IMHO, I would personally would love to see another bolt action rifle in-game, as the only bolt action is the Hunter compact and the M24.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,647 posts

That would be a good fit, I suggested this to Con back when he brought up the LR nerfs.

jarret999

jarret999
  • 78 posts

#bringbackvintagem24s

KHill

KHill
  • 200 posts

thus why V-m24s need to disappear!!

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

The solution can be very simple.

Name the vintage M-24 R-700, reduce the capacity by 50%, and nerf the damage to be around the PSG. Turning it into a .308 Remington Model 700, the civilian variant of the M24.

As for aesthetics, remove the box magazine, and maybe change the stock to a wooden stock.

Rename the Current version of the M24 to M24A2 which uses the .300 Winchester Magnum, which does more damage, and which has the bigger 10 round magazine.

About Vintage M-24s in general.

The vets will switch over to M107s, and the noobs will grow out of the need for vintage M24s as well. So this gun will sooner or later dissapear.

Edited by Jeroomu Warkuru, 12 June 2014 - 02:03 AM.

andonemaniac

andonemaniac
  • 41 posts
A few bolt action rifles to choose from: M40 (7.62/5 rd mag), AI (Accuracy intl) (varying calibers 7mm - .338/5 rd mag), FN SPR (7.62/5 rd mag), Steyr SSG 69 (7.62/5-20 rd mag), Sako TRG (.338/5 rd mag). These are just some that could possibly fit

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sniper, op plz nerf, um, m24