Photo

Any Way To Make My Compound Any Better Against Raiders?

Defence raid no deaths

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

FedoraTipper

FedoraTipper
  • 2 posts

Help guys, I was raided once and most of my resources- stolen. I have improved my compound defences and have been raided but nothing stolen. I'm still skeptical that someone will steal my stuff. Here is a pic of my compound:

uIAA1sT.png

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

Raiding this compound would be easy. Attackers can pick your defenders one at a time since they're far away from each other. What you need to do is place them all in a single side so they would be grouped together. Rearrange your barricades and make a fortress in one part of the compound. Also, take note of what buildings can the enemy use against you. Place them away from the line of sight of your defenders. Prioritize of what defensive structure should be upgraded first; the one that has a survivor placed on it is the one you should upgrade first.

DEATHNOTE

DEATHNOTE
  • 100 posts

or devide your survivors in 2 groups put them all together every sides (left side door and right side door inside your compound)

Deleth

Deleth
  • 111 posts

Try not to isolate your survivors but bunch them up, seeing how you're fairly low level you might even want to go for an inside defense. Also try to use mostly long range weapons such as hunter compacts, sportshots or m24s in your defense preferably with glasses to increase the range even more. 

Hezm

Hezm
  • 434 posts

Your guys are way too spread, attackers doesn't have much resistance from only 2-3 defenders at once. Also when attacker have broken through oneset of defenders and barricade he can attack rest of your defenders from behind. (defenders are more vulnerable then)

dumbjock123

dumbjock123
  • 929 posts

As all have said.  Your compound is an invitation to attack.  Attempting to defend everything means you really end up defending nothing.  Group your defenders together so that instead of a series of 5v2 fights, it's 5v10 like it's supposed to be.  But also keep them separated from each other enough that they don't get suppressed at the same time.  Putting defenders on small barricades adjacent to each other should give you an idea of the spacing you need to keep.

P.S.  The best way to find defensive strategies that work, is to raid some people.  If you can't figure out a way to get past a certain aspect of a defense, you may try incorporating it into your own.

Edited by dumbjock123, 18 April 2014 - 01:05 AM.

FedoraTipper

FedoraTipper
  • 2 posts

Raiding this compound would be easy. Attackers can pick your defenders one at a time since they're far away from each other. What you need to do is place them all in a single side so they would be grouped together. Rearrange your barricades and make a fortress in one part of the compound. Also, take note of what buildings can the enemy use against you. Place them away from the line of sight of your defenders. Prioritize of what defensive structure should be upgraded first; the one that has a survivor placed on it is the one you should upgrade first.

Yeah, you're right. In the picture attached, I've moved some people (and stuff) around so the raiders would have minimal cover. Though two of my people are inside the base.

Try not to isolate your survivors but bunch them up, seeing how you're fairly low level you might even want to go for an inside defense. Also try to use mostly long range weapons such as hunter compacts, sportshots or m24s in your defense preferably with glasses to increase the range even more. 

With an inside defense, I would just be asking for it. Raiders could just throw grenades inside, thus killing everyone.

As all have said.  Your compound is an invitation to attack.  Attempting to defend everything means you really end up defending nothing.  Group your defenders together so that instead of a series of 5v2 fights, it's 5v10 like it's supposed to be.  But also keep them separated from each other enough that they don't get suppressed at the same time.  Putting defenders on small barricades adjacent to each other should give you an idea of the spacing you need to keep.

P.S.  The best way to find defensive strategies that work, is to raid some people.  If you can't figure out a way to get past a certain aspect of a defense, you may try incorporating it into your own.

Right. I'll be sure to raid. Thanks.

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

You still look like a lower level in that picture, so i wouldn't worry to much about raiders with grenades yet

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Defence, raid, no deaths