Photo

Bounty Raids And Empty Compounds

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Patooky

Patooky
  • 50 posts

Okay all, the thing that sucks about bounties....You have absolutely no idea about the compound you be going after.

Case in point, after 15+ tries, I was finally was able to click on an "attack" button that worked (usually a message would come up saying its protected ot currently under attack, blah, blah) so I just randomly stated clicking on every "attack" button in the bounty list untill one finally worked. *Why do these compounds show as available to attck if they not???

So it the compound screen comes up and the compound is totally devastated! What the hell? I load my team and place them. I look around the compound, NO SURVIVORS anywhere!

What africken waste of time!

I leave the area, bounty mission FAILED and now must wait 4 HOURS TO RETURN???

This just doesn't seem right???

Anybody got any insight to this???

julihei

julihei
  • 22 posts

The bounty office is just the same as attacking anyone from your neighboring compound. There is a chance that all of the survivors are away on missions/raids. All of the people on the bounty list are seen by everyone on the dead zone. This means that a few people will try to raid the same person you are trying to raid.

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 226 posts

If the compound you're trying to raid for bounty doesn't have anybody in it, or simply does not have the leader kicking around, then just refresh the page and try again later. You aren't forced to carry out the raid.

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 540 posts

I agree that being able to scope out a compound before committing to an attack would be a good idea. We can already do it with our neighbors, why not with the bounty board?

Besides knowing whether or not the place is a wreck/worth it, it also would give a heads up not only to how defended the compound in question is, but the setup they have as well.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

If the compound you're trying to raid for bounty doesn't have anybody in it, or simply does not have the leader kicking around, then just refresh the page and try again later. You aren't forced to carry out the raid.

You do know that you are encouraging cheating, don't you?

"2. The following content is NOT ALLOWED anywhere on the forum

• Cheating, hacking, game exploits - if you have information about these, contact an admin via PM"

Edited by JHpinto, 10 April 2013 - 11:36 PM.

Marvin_

Marvin_
  • 33 posts

• Cheating, hacking, game exploits - if you have information about these, contact an admin via PM"

Cheating, do you really understand what is cheating?...

Anyway, refreshing the page ins't actually considered cheating, for now. For Con, this isn't a big deal, he just can put a penalty if you refresh, but I think tthe refreshing solution is fair enough now, because evething you do doesn't register, unless one of your survivors get injured, that strangely saves, I don't know why.   :P

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

If you don't know this, there's a feature that if you refresh your browser during a raid, you can't raid that guy for 24 hours, but I don't know if that guy that you tried to attack can retaliate

Edited by Rain08, 11 April 2013 - 12:06 AM.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 165 posts

Okay all, the thing that sucks about bounties....You have absolutely no idea about the compound you be going after.

Case in point, after 15+ tries, I was finally was able to click on an "attack" button that worked (usually a message would come up saying its protected ot currently under attack, blah, blah) so I just randomly stated clicking on every "attack" button in the bounty list untill one finally worked. *Why do these compounds show as available to attck if they not???

So it the compound screen comes up and the compound is totally devastated! What the hell? I load my team and place them. I look around the compound, NO SURVIVORS anywhere!

I like the idea of not knowing what the layout of the compound is. Its a bounty list of people worldwide, unlike the compound list where we can see our neighbor's/rival's compound. Also, even if you don't get the bounty, that person is now in your compound list. So now knowing what to expect the first time, forces you to be even more prepared and to think strategically and act cautiously.

Don't have answer for the whole "waiting game" on the bounty board. Need to have that protection emblem up when we first open up the list and not afterwards. I always get fooled, thinking I'm about to raid and that message pops up

Edited by latech2012, 11 April 2013 - 01:41 AM.

Abrahami

Abrahami
  • 187 posts

Yes, because there are so many people looking for bounties, it's likely that someone else has already gotten in front of you and devastated the compound in process. But then players keeps sending their leaders away to avoid that -

(off-topic, but I suggest a *stationary* "capture" point that can't be moved and doesn't interfere with structure placement).

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

If you don't know this, there's a feature that if you refresh your browser during a raid, you can't raid that guy for 24 hours, but I don't know if that guy that you tried to attack can retaliate

That's a measure to prevent abusing that exploit to grief other players, it obviously does not legitimate the exploit.  

PhysX

PhysX
  • 17 posts

I know, this has been irritating me ever since the bounty office came out.

Theres tons of players looking for free fuel, so i get 10+ "compounds being raided gtfo" etc. messeges, but then just as i can finially attack some guy - Hes hiding, doing some mission. It makes me want to scream. And THEN you have those guys who stay online constantly, so you can't attack them at all!

Patooky

Patooky
  • 50 posts

I'm wondering how some of these players manage to stay on-line 24 hours a day? I doubt they're physically at the computer.

I imagine they're using some program to fool the game into thinking they're active in the game when they actually aren't. Anybody know where I can get that program? (Nah, just kidding!)

I wonder if CON could develop a feature that REQUIRED interaction on the screen? Screen movement or mouse clicks every 15 minutes? Or something like that?

How's about it CON? Can something like that be implemented in a future update?

Cheers!

PhysX

PhysX
  • 17 posts

I'm wondering how some of these players manage to stay on-line 24 hours a day? I doubt they're physically at the computer.

I imagine they're using some program to fool the game into thinking they're active in the game when they actually aren't. Anybody know where I can get that program? (Nah, just kidding!)

I wonder if CON could develop a feature that REQUIRED interaction on the screen? Screen movement or mouse clicks every 15 minutes? Or something like that?

Cheers!

I remeber how Jagex (Runescape makers) fought botting in thier game: Every once in a while the player had to do some sort of puzzle.

Maybe Con could change this a bit? Heres my idea:

Player is actually playing. A small puzzle jumps up, just for verifcation. I player completes the puzzle, and goes back to decapitation things.

Bot is a douchebag and is idleing. The puzzle jumps up again, and he dosen't see it. 10 Minutes later, he is kicked from the game.

Probably not the most sound example i could give, but i'm sure you get the gist.

Danheinl

Danheinl
  • 13 posts

You say that it is hard to find people, who you can raid. If the person is since 29 days and 23 hours on the bounty list he can be to 99% raided. I know this from my own experience. If he is 29 days and 22 hours on the bounty list don't even try, because he is under protection. This is how I figure out who to raid and not on the bounty list. And to your other concerns, that is just bad luck if the leader is not there and for the return time on a failed bounty that is your own fault.

Edited by Danheinl, 11 April 2013 - 05:08 PM.

samitefan1

samitefan1
  • 2 posts

The game does require input every so often to keep you active. Otherwise it pauses and pops in an "Are you still there?" message. 

Patooky

Patooky
  • 50 posts

You say that it is hard to find people, who you can raid. If the person is since 29 days and 23 hours on the bounty list he can be to 99% raided. I know this from my own experience. If he is 29 days and 22 hours on the bounty list don't even try, because he is under protection. This is how I figure out who to raid and not on the bounty list. And to your other concerns, that is just bad luck if the leader is not there and for the return time on a failed bounty that is your own fault.

Uh....How is it MY FAULT that the return time is four hours?????

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

Cheers!

The period screen interaction and keyboard input can still be done with macro software. The possible way to fight this is to force the player to input some mouse click at random place on the screen so that simple programmed macro can't overcome it. Currently, if the player is away for more than 15 mins (900sec) , he/she is kicked out of the game.

Nick_the_Mouse

Nick_the_Mouse
  • 41 posts

Sorry to hear that Bro, is there a inmaginary bounty office u can goto and say" hey if you want your 20 % cut ! gosh darn-it then I want better information.   @ Con, you need to update your "Wanted" Posters at least once a day, right !

Patooky

Patooky
  • 50 posts

Nick-

You crazy mouse! Haha!

Cheers!

MazRaijin

MazRaijin
  • 3 posts

I always get a bounty when i attack compounds that have bounties. oh damn. that really sucks man. Did Con announced any changes in the bounty system? sorry for my grammar :3

Hell Yeah! \m/