Photo

A Suggestion For The Forums...

Forums Suggestion list Suggested ideas

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Cameron_R_Craig

Cameron_R_Craig
  • 223 posts

Before a lot of you start bashing this, just hear Me out...

I'm going to get straight to the point with this thread. We've all seen over thousands upon thousands - if not millions of posts in the "idea's" section, where they are all the exact same idea that have either been shot down, or have been bumped up, Over and Over and Over and Over, again and again.

There are ALOT of Idea's that will never make it into the final game and have been suggested WAY too much in WAY too many posts and forums. Such as (Just to name a few) flamethrowers, grenade launchers/Rocket launchers, dual wield, flash grenades, Human Enemies in PVE, etc. So here's my Suggestion for what "I think" would make the forums a bit better.

I remember looking at "The list of Shame"

http://forum.conarti...-list-of-shame/

and thought of something that might help with all this Necroing and bumps of the same series of idea's.

What If we had a Topic similar to the "List of Shame", only have it list the Countless idea's that wont make it into the final game, and or idea's that have been suggested already a billion times before? And anyone who Ignores it, and posts an Idea topic about anything on that list, then that topic can be "flagged, locked down, or deleted from the forums entirely". This way, we can have people posting "New, fresh, and original idea's" in the "Idea's" section, as well as lessen the amount of flame wars that happen on those topics.

It is only a suggestion, and I believe that It would improve the "Idea's and Feedback" section, so that we can actually have creative idea's instead of the same uninspired set of idea's, over and over and over again. Let me know what you guys think.

Ok, Now bring on the hate...

Edited by Cameron_R_Craig, 28 April 2014 - 10:51 PM.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

I actually like this list you're suggesting. For too long, there has been many repeats of the same ideas that many of us are getting tired of (due to ignorance and/or spite of new players) and the constant reminders that we give out.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

Hate? More like the opposite. I agree with this. We really do need something like this.

Edited by Dallas, 28 April 2014 - 07:36 PM.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

If only such list existed right now...

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

We already have a "Do NOT suggest list" that nobody except the regulars ever read.

I'm tired of the pointless threads too, but people won't bother going past the first page of suggestions and head straight for the "create a new topic" button at Mach 4. We need to forcibly make every new user read anything important.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

http://forum.conarti...07-general-faq/

I could not find the other list you were referring to, but I know what you are talking about.

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

Everytime I see a:

This game is boring right now, we should add flamethrowers because they are found in real life so this game should have them

or

Why can we only throw grenades so far, let's have grenade launchers

or

Fuel is really hard to get, so let's make it so it's easy to get

or

We need more of [insert whatever hear].

I cringe a little, so yes.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,725 posts

I think I broadly agree with all of you, it does get quite tiresome to see the same predictable 'ideas' raised again and again and again. Perhaps it might make things easier for noobs to get a feel for the place and see what's already been discussed and debated in many cases a billion times before to have the idea forum broken up into sub forums along the lines of weapons, fuel (or the alternative title 'it's not going to happen'), DMU (again 'it's not going to happen'), clothing, compound, etc. 

Do you reckon that might be helpful? 

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 396 posts

We already have a "Do NOT suggest list" that nobody except the regulars ever read.

I'm tired of the pointless threads too, but people won't bother going past the first page of suggestions and head straight for the "create a new topic" button at Mach 4. We need to forcibly make every new user read anything important.

Could we not ask Con to sticky such a thread, assuming it exists on paper (data) and not in unspoken rules?

Hezm

Hezm
  • 432 posts

I don't like viewing ideas section nor post there much for all the reasons mentioned above.

Also i don't believe devs will add anything major at this point of game development.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Even if we have this thing. There will still be people who will not read the DNSL, and still post trash ideas.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 743 posts

Even if we have this thing. There will still be people who will not read the DNSL, and still post trash ideas.

And that's pretty much what you are doing all the time.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

And that's pretty much what you are doing all the time.

LOL

Maruse

Maruse
  • 743 posts

LOL

Wow what a well thought out response how did you come up with that?

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Wow what a well thought out response how did you come up with that?

I was scrubbing my feet, next to my nuclear reactor while i was smoking asbestos, then suddenly a unicorn shows up -- it has two horns, and asked me for an X-Ray selfie with him. Then he bit my ear as the X-Ray machine took a radiograph.

Suddenly, i had a moment of clarity. It was like falling in love, the happiness, the joy, the warmth of the sun kissing my face, the gentle chill of the bosom of the lake, the ecstasy of floating into the nothingness of deep space and hold Earth in my grasp. Beyond magic, beyond reality, beyond time, i pressed these three buttons.

"LOL"

And now, i posted my masterpiece.

Edited by The Architect, 01 May 2014 - 02:52 PM.

dead account here

dead account here
  • 333 posts

I was scrubbing my feet, next to my nuclear reactor while i was smoking asbestos, then suddenly a unicorn shows up -- it has two horns, and asked me for an X-Ray selfie with him. Then he bit my ear as the X-Ray machine took a radiograph.

Suddenly, i had a moment of clarity. It was like falling in love, the happiness, the joy, the warmth of the sun kissing my face, the gentle chill of the bosom of the lake, the ecstasy of floating into the nothingness of deep space and hold Earth in my grasp. Beyond magic, beyond reality, beyond time, i pressed these three buttons.

"LOL"

And now, i posted my masterpiece.

...I'm guessing you live in Denver, Colorado, because that was...aw, forget it...

Cameron_R_Craig

Cameron_R_Craig
  • 223 posts

Well yeah, but that's why I said "if anyone happens to post an idea that is already on the list, then that topic can be flagged, locked, or ultimately deleted from the forum entirely".

You didn't really read through the whole entire first post... did you? Because if you did you should had caught the part where I say that.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

How Con views the ideas forum

An "anti list" is in general, not a bad idea however it doesn't stop people from posting the same idea over and over again.  Some people will still not bother to read it, and just as importantly, the "forum police" will react to it before Con & Co have a chance to lock it.   Locking/deleting threads is additional work for Con, which doubt he needs, nor wants.

Another problem with an "anti-list" is that there aren't a whole lot of things that Con has said are outright anti-listed.   Flamethrowers for example, aren't really anti-listed per se, they've just been put on the back-burner, so far back they might never see the light of day.   Heck even RPGs have not been outright anti-listed (though they do have some serious balance issues with them).

Most of the "anti-listing" has come from the forum community, and not from Con himself, which brings us full circle to how he views the ideas forums, which is only as a way to check and see that if his current idea(s) is/are something that the community would want.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

How Con views the ideas forum

An "anti list" is in general, not a bad idea however it doesn't stop people from posting the same idea over and over again.  Some people will still not bother to read it, and just as importantly, the "forum police" will react to it before Con & Co have a chance to lock it.   Locking/deleting threads is additional work for Con, which doubt he needs, nor wants.

Another problem with an "anti-list" is that there aren't a whole lot of things that Con has said are outright anti-listed.   Flamethrowers for example, aren't really anti-listed per se, they've just been put on the back-burner, so far back they might never see the light of day.   Heck even RPGs have not been outright anti-listed (though they do have some serious balance issues with them).

Most of the "anti-listing" has come from the forum community, and not from Con himself, which brings us full circle to how he views the ideas forums, which is only as a way to check and see that if his current idea(s) is/are something that the community would want.

watch-out-forum-police-coming.jpg

MagBlaster

MagBlaster
  • 246 posts

Those god danm boots! 

Seriously though, it this idea is good. Name them "reruns" so it can be easy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forums, Suggestion, list, Suggested ideas