8 replies to this topic

ibig13

ibig13
  • 1 posts

deatmobile make one free day, be cool!

Recon_guy

Recon_guy
  • 386 posts
Before the "regulars" come on here and trash your idea, I am going to say no to this nicely even though I see where you are coming from.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

well, I don't think my opinion will be popular, but I think this idea has merit... most ppl who I know that have played for a while and then got dmu said its the best thing they ever did. Allowing people to test it out for ONLY 1 day and 1 day only to see what its like to play with dmu as compared to not could possibly entice them into actually buying it. Im normally agiantst free stuff but I think using this as a teaser could work out well for con.

Black29

Black29
  • 82 posts

well, I don't think my opinion will be popular, but I think this idea has merit... most ppl who I know that have played for a while and then got dmu said its the best thing they ever did. Allowing people to test it out for ONLY 1 day and 1 day only to see what its like to play with dmu as compared to not could possibly entice them into actually buying it. Im normally agiantst free stuff but I think using this as a teaser could work out well for con.

In reading a more well rounded argument for the idea, this isn't actually all that bad. For full disclosure, I have purchased the DMU. From a business perspective, it makes sense, limiting it for the day certainly would allow people to get a taste of what they could have, without really creating any major imbalance in the game as a whole, and could subsequently serve to generate more revenue. It would perhaps be well suited to market it as an April Fool's affair as well, albeit a year from now. +1

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

There was this plan on kongregate server, a book that will mimic DMU benefits for a limited period of time as opposed in having it permanently. Maybe it's added maybe it's not, but wait for updates.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

...in keeping with the quasi-magical atmosphere of the Dead Zone, how about a 24 hour 'Marion's Quality Carriage Service,' from a seasonal box, where upon the effects of the DMU are replicated by a horse drawn carriage driven by the slightly manic Marion in his top hat? 

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

i like that.... this box would need a "Marions Hat" or some such thing also....

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

He was an Australian wasn't he? Well how about one of those Australian outback broad rimmed hats, cockers optional?

KHill

KHill
  • 200 posts

deatmobile make one free day, be cool!

why not a pass in a herc chest, maybe with an immeadiate timer. Call turbo or something!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathmobile