Photo

Remove Boxes As "special Item"

boxes fuel boxes special special items Are you sure?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

POPULAR

CAG, is there any way to remove boxes as a "special item?" I wish to delete some and I do so but getting the "Are you sure?" message after every individual box can be rather time consuming and just plain aggravating. I understand having this message for "special items" like uniques and rares but in no way should a box be considered special with the rate that these ones drop and the duration that they've been dropping for. I imagine that it wouldn't be too much trouble with the coding aspect so it could be a relatively easy change that is one of those small things that goes a long way for the players. 

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

Agreed!

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

Yes please hopefully it would keep those new players from trying to trade them.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Yes please hopefully it would keep those new players from trying to trade them.

I've often wanted to ask if they come with the key as well.. 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Don't see it happening since they're a source of revenue for Con.

You can save a click (if you're not doing it already) by tossing them into the recycler.  I wouldn't mind getting some metal/components from doing that...

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

You can save a click (if you're not doing it already) by tossing them into the recycler.  I wouldn't mind getting some metal/components from doing that...

When you recycle them you still have to click the extra "are you sure" button. 

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

You still get the "are you sure" in the recycler as well. Heck I would even be will to spend resources to not have this come up every single time I want to recycle one. For example, earlier I recycled over 100 boxes on my yahoo account and it took a long while because I had to answer that I am sure for every single one of them. Maybe just ask us as we click OK to recycle the whole recycler instead of each individual one. 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

specialitem_zps9a1ad6f8.jpg

Disposing of a box in inventory will give you both prompts (3 clicks)

Disposing of a box in the recycler will only give you the first prompt (2 clicks)

That's what I was getting at.

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

snip

I misunderstood, I thought that you meant that there wasn't any at all. My bad

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

no worries lol

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

ive said it before... and I will say it every time.... almost any idea that makes me have to click less gets my full support... +1

Black29

Black29
  • 82 posts

I definitely use the recycler on these, but getting rid of the message would be convenient! +1

Though, from what I understand / recall (from a conference talk Con gave) the boxes are a good source of revenue (everyone likes to gamble I guess?) so I'm not totally confident that we'll see this actually change despite receiving support.

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

I agree that it would probably need a lot of support before being implemented by Con so we need to spread the idea around to gain support on it. 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

I don't see it ever happening, regardless of how much "support" it has.

Keep in mind that the boxes are a big part of Con's revenue; and

The forum population represents <1% of the total game population (abet the most vocal part).

sghead

sghead
  • 28 posts

It would be great to avoid all these extra clicks. To make it sound better for Con's point of view: I just want to recycle my level 1 and level 2 keycard boxes to save room for finding more level 3 keycard boxes! Help me recycle those boxes that cost less fuel so I can find some to speed extra$$ on! ;)

Anduvriel

Anduvriel
  • 285 posts

An opposite idea about boxes - make them really "special":

- Change it to drop a lot less, like rare, very rare drop 

- Give better rewards (no bad ones - the worst would be somewhere near but lower than the fuel cost of the key) with some slim chance for super rewards 

..and than they will get traded (revenue) and opened more (revenue).

..and than there will be no posts like this with players asking for a way to quickly utilize what is supposed to be a special super drop

..and those that face looks like this :/ when they see it dropped 

On the other hand if u don't want to change the upper, count me in on the list for less clicking to dispose them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boxes, fuel boxes, special, special items, Are you sure?