Photo

Union City: Worth Playing For Backstory?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Bullet

Bullet
  • 16 posts

I've only played dead zone since it came out on Kong, and I hadn't seen any of the other games until now. Now that i'm level 30 and waiting for new content to come out, is it worth playing the previous installment in this series for some backstory?

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 227 posts

The Last Stand: Union City basically depicts the state of Union City a short while after the outbreak happened, but before HERC pulled out of the city. Going through it won't go over too much, but it'll give you a much better idea of what HERC's deal is, and it's a great game on its own.

The first two Last Stand games are fun, but they primarily just focus on Jack and his journey to Union City.

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

More or less. If you got time to kill then sure, UC takes some time and dedication, the first 2 are like a hour or so for each.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,649 posts

It kind of is...

mainly you are in the middle of the zombie outbreak, you find some back story onto what is going on but that's it.....

David367th

David367th
  • 18 posts

I prefer the nostalgia of the good old days, and call Jack, Last Stand Guy :/

The first two games have little to know back story, they were pretty much action games, but Union City has a good bit of backstory, and is a great game on its won.

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

Ahhhh the good ol' days. The last stand 1 and 2 were some of the best games I have ever played. Union city just blew me away.

David367th

David367th
  • 18 posts

De gerd ol' dais.

I remember playing Last Stand one in primary school c:

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

De gerd ol' dais.

I remember playing Last Stand one in primary school c:

LOL! I could not play till 5th grade because i was sooo scared of the game. xD

But once I got over my fears I saw it was a EPIC game.

Edited by meropo, 18 June 2013 - 07:38 PM.

Chris_Redfield

Chris_Redfield
  • 146 posts

I've only played dead zone since it came out on Kong, and I hadn't seen any of the other games until now. Now that i'm level 30 and waiting for new content to come out, is it worth playing the previous installment in this series for some backstory?

Why you need to ask? All you need is to pop it in your browser and see if you like it.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

I finished Union City in an afternoon a few days ago, but maybe that's just because I've already played it through five other times, at least.

Definitely worth your time to play it.