Photo

Survivor Diary

diary recon engineer fighter scavenger medic leader notes

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

rexel141

rexel141
  • 146 posts

it'd be interesting if your survivors kept their own diary's for you to read, i'd imagine you could read it by clicking their beds and then clicking "read (input characters name here)'s diary" similar to Jack's Diary.

Morale would effect what they'd write and possibly personal experience's through ought the compound, maybe two of your members don't get along very well or maybe they get on a little too well ;) 

certain things can effect what they write:

General Morale.

Security,

Recent Injuries,

Recent raids by Zeds

Recent raids by players

Recent runs for supplies,

other survivors,

other survivors opinions of the leader,

Romance <3

Bromance /)*(\

Memories of their past,

food/water/wood etc supplies,

weapons around the compound (recons, fighters)

Medical equipment (medic, leader)

Gear (Engineer, Scavenger)

A lot of these basic sentance's could be pre-written by Con and the Gang and Randomly generated based on the current events happening around the compound,

Just an interesting idea to the compound, it would make the place feel more alive and give the survivors a personality, you could also write your own thoughts of how your compound is doing in your leaders diary and use it as notes to mark key reminders of things you need to do, or names you need to remember to idk, get revenge on..... (that guy raided me yesterday, dang what was his name again? Oh yeah i wrote it in the diary!)

Black29

Black29
  • 82 posts

Sounds like a neat post-beta type of idea, I don't see it adding to gameplay but certainly a nice fluff feature. I do remember one of the team mentioning about having relationships in the game, say you send the same teams out together, then their morale would be communally impacted by say one of them being downed etc. However, from what I understood it was a bit too complex for development at the time. That's not to say it wouldn't be on the books down the road.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

This reminds me of the game "Rebuild".

rexel141

rexel141
  • 146 posts

Sounds like a neat post-beta type of idea, I don't see it adding to gameplay but certainly a nice fluff feature. I do remember one of the team mentioning about having relationships in the game, say you send the same teams out together, then their morale would be communally impacted by say one of them being downed etc. However, from what I understood it was a bit too complex for development at the time. That's not to say it wouldn't be on the books down the road.

that's what i was thinking too, it's a bit early to add this cause we're still in beta but it's certainly interesting to have a maggie and glen relationship type going on in the DZ

Dj_777

Dj_777
  • 111 posts

I quite like this, it adds to the atmosphere & makes the survivors feel more...  Alive, more human.

And development-wise, late-/post-beta is when this has a higher chance to be reviewed seriously.  We're likely approaching late-beta, but still aren't quite there yet.

Zayne The Saiyan

Zayne The Saiyan
  • 15 posts

I quite like this, it adds to the atmosphere & makes the survivors feel more... Alive, more human.

And development-wise, late-/post-beta is when this has a higher chance to be reviewed seriously. We're likely approaching late-beta, but still aren't quite there yet.

I still wish they'd add a post level 50 cap. :/

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

I still wish they'd add a post level 50 cap. :/

They probably will, but like he said, after beta.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

The level cap will increase if/when there is content to support it.

Way back when the game first came out, Con forgot to put in a level cap, so players quickly outleveled the content (then only up to 20).  Players were in the mid-40s by the time he realized his mistake.   He could have reset everyone to 20, but he didn't, he set the level cap at the next logical point (level 50).   Kong came out after Con put the level cap in, so Kong started with a lower level cap -- Level 30.   It took about a year (maybe a little more) for Kong to catch up to Armor Games and Facebook, but now all servers have the same level cap.

However (at the time of this post)  the content has still not reached level 50.   The max level mission area is level 48.   We're close, but when, and only when, missions reach/exceed level 50 will the level cap go up.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,734 posts

I hadn't thought about further levels to achieve.. suppose there could :)

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

I HAVE RETURNED TO LURK IN THE CORNERS AND POST EVERY ONCE IN A WHILEXD

honestly, i wouldnt want to poke my nose into anyone's diary, especially with romance and bromance(uugh)

it would give the npcs some character, i agree with that,  but as black said, this is more of a post-beta sort of thing.

one more thing, if they are going to write what they think about the leader(you), then they would probably also have the ability to mutiny against you. nope.

rexel141

rexel141
  • 146 posts

I HAVE RETURNED TO LURK IN THE CORNERS AND POST EVERY ONCE IN A WHILEXD

honestly, i wouldnt want to poke my nose into anyone's diary, especially with romance and bromance(uugh)

it would give the npcs some character, i agree with that,  but as black said, this is more of a post-beta sort of thing.

one more thing, if they are going to write what they think about the leader(you), then they would probably also have the ability to mutiny against you. nope.

na there'd be no mutiny, just if you have the survivors morale low they might insult you can call you an idiot, while if morale is good they'll be greatful and call you a great leader

Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix
  • 610 posts

Yeah, this sounds like a nice addition for post-beta. Could be quite humorous as well (I'm looking at you, medic).

Medic: "Years of medical school...for THIS?!"

rexel141

rexel141
  • 146 posts

Yeah, this sounds like a nice addition for post-beta. Could be quite humorous as well (I'm looking at you, medic).

Medic: "Years of medical school...for THIS?!"

lol yeah. though some could even get REALLY emotional too, you could find out some of your survivors had a lot things effect their life. family members dying, the stuggles before joining your crew all of these things.

Idiotlee

Idiotlee
  • 95 posts

seems kinda similar to my computer idea but with written records and morale effect from it for at least for most of it. the rest seems more like stuff for when the game comes out of beta. 

rexel141

rexel141
  • 146 posts

seems kinda similar to my computer idea but with written records and morale effect from it for at least for most of it. the rest seems more like stuff for when the game comes out of beta. 

yeah i've been getting that a lot. Hope Con  and the gang likes the idea.

viper2203

viper2203
  • 116 posts

this sounds like an awesome idea. All my survivors ever do is walk around the compound, touch things randomly, and sleep when im not online. This would make my survivors feel less like an android and more human.

Edited by viper2203, 19 May 2014 - 09:33 PM.

rexel141

rexel141
  • 146 posts

this sounds like an awesome idea. All my survivors ever do is walk around the compound, touch things randomly, and sleep when im not online. This would make my survivors feel less like an android and more human.

EeYup

rexel141

rexel141
  • 146 posts

i don't want this to enter the abyss! neah!

Recon_guy

Recon_guy
  • 386 posts
Are you going to stop necroing your own thread?

rexel141

rexel141
  • 146 posts

Are you going to stop necroing your own thread?

says the guy who bumped this just by replying. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diary, recon, engineer, fighter, scavenger, medic, leader, notes