Photo

Traps

wire traps decoy traps

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

braym83

braym83
  • 5 posts

Need a little help. Whenever I get an invasion I have the option to either set or not set my traps and I've tried both options but they never appear and I get my ass kicked. Any ideas how to make them appear and work? you can see them during normal play but not during invasions or attacks. Thanks.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

Do the zombies have a path to go to the trap and trip it?

braym83

braym83
  • 5 posts

Yes. they're guided right to them.

Zeur

Zeur
  • 50 posts

hm, that's odd. if you check the box to arm all traps they should be working during the invasion. though btw you might want to reconsider your plans to depend on traps for zombie attacks, other than the wire traps you have to rearm a trap after it's used and that costs the same as building a new one which can get pretty expensive pretty quick. also if i'm not mistaken zombies killed by traps don't give you any experience. 

btw do keep in mind that if you click the "i need more time option" the traps never seem to activate even if you did check the box for it. in order to use them you have to check the box and click "bring it on". 

braym83

braym83
  • 5 posts

I'll probably take down the traps then and have a shooting spree on them. Thanks for the info it all makes sense now.

Zeur

Zeur
  • 50 posts

sure np. and yeah having your survivors just mow down the zombies is the best approach imo. though you don't have to actually dismantle the traps if that's what you meant by "take them down", they're still useful if another player raids you and as you level up getting raided by other players is much more of a concern than dealing with zombies. traps are automatically active for pvp so you dont have to worry about that, assuming they're up and armed (repaired) of course. 

braym83

braym83
  • 5 posts

I open the gates now and let them come in. It works better that way. Thanks.

ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM
  • 33 posts

hm, that's odd. if you check the box to arm all traps they should be working during the invasion. though btw you might want to reconsider your plans to depend on traps for zombie attacks, other than the wire traps you have to rearm a trap after it's used and that costs the same as building a new one which can get pretty expensive pretty quick. also if i'm not mistaken zombies killed by traps don't give you any experience. 

btw do keep in mind that if you click the "i need more time option" the traps never seem to activate even if you did check the box for it. in order to use them you have to check the box and click "bring it on". 

Where is the option found to "arm all traps"?

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

Where is the option found to "arm all traps"?

When you get an infected alert, click the box. It will arm the traps.

ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM
  • 33 posts

When you get an infected alert, click the box. It will arm the traps.

Thanks.

Sorry to seem stupid, but I've only seen options to "wait" or "go ahead" when I get an infected alert.

ETA:

OK, I saw the box to click, thanks for the info!

Edited by ZX9RCAM, 14 June 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wire traps, decoy traps