Photo

Multiple Key Boxes, And New How To Specialize Books

boxes books

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 380 posts

Ok, let's start with the easier one: New specialize books would be good to the game, which could enable us to use 3 resource, combat etc. books at the same time. I don't think that it would be OP.

The second one is way more trickier, and I haven't thought over it; it needs some balancing. Introducing boxes, which need more than 1 key to open them. These boxes would have a very very low drop rate, and they would require keys from shop and/or looted keys. They would drop continuously, not periodically, like the other boxes. Items inside would be all unknown, and I could not figure out what items could be there, I wass a bit tired this week, so it needs some further thinking. (Possibly schems/premium stuff only available from these boxes, or cheaper books from the store, etc.)

HazardEden

HazardEden
  • 62 posts

I think the specialize books could be a good idea but it also might not be a good idea. Three books could be a bit "OP" in my opinion for uses in power leveling, or insane looting capabilities when coupled with alliance buffs. Crafting could also become a joke costing next to nothing with high %'s for max crafts. I don't think you quite know what some people are capable of. I have played MMO's since WoW and I've seen gold farmers, exploit lovers, and all sorts of people who go hours grinding for various reasons in ways you and I never thought of. Having 3 books could make it possible for some of these types of people to buy a DMU and level to 50 in a day or farm items or fuel in insane amounts.

As for the box's idea, seems fair to me. Having said that I think the current box's are a bit of a rip in my (little) experiences. I paid real hard earned money for fuel and bought 5 keys only to open 5 boxes and receive a total of 1 schematic(pretty much useless), and  325 fuel. Spent 275 fuel for a schematic? As I say I have not opened other boxes so my experiences are limited but I can assure you my first experience counts and I wont be purchasing fuel to open boxes ever again unless the box contents changes. The only reason keys are sought after and used in trade is because you cant trade fuel and the keys hold fuel value of their respective purchase costs.

I like new ideas though mate so keep posting them I'm planning on posting some of mine once I have them all listed together too.

The88Percent

The88Percent
  • 122 posts

the how to specialize book seems OP to me. maybe if it was not a perm book it would be a little better. like if it only lasted an hour or so and then was gone.

i think the box idea is good but only thing i would change is instead of multiple keys needed to opening it just have a different, more expensive key. i really like the continuous and lower drop chance part of it. the way it is now you get hundreds of boxes that really arent worth the keys unless you are lucky, and then have to spend even more time than you already are recycling.

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

I like the box idea.  Make it so you need a bought key AND another key that is lootable.  That will shut everyone up that is whining for find able keys.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boxes, books