Photo

Book Idea For Zombie Rushes

books rushes pve

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

Sometimes, I find the lack of a zed rush in a mission makes a dull 7 minutes. Here's an idea to fix that.

New book titled "Stealth is for Sissies", "COME AT ME BRO!", "Bring 'em On!", "MOAR ZOMBIES!" or something to that effect.

Effects:

Increases chance of zombie rush during played missions by x%.  (Since I don't know the current values, I'm not going to throw out a random % suggested increase.)

We could possily add a boost to scavenge speed or something, though I believe it would be just fine as a kind of "Baiting Your Home" for missions.

Just had another idea while typing this. "Harder Core", Hardcore 2.0 book basically. It would add the above effect to the existing "Hardcore" book.

As always, thanks for all of your tediously hard work CAG.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts
Or, you could just use the bull book and equip all survivors with chainsaws.

kelvinjames

kelvinjames
  • 54 posts

Snuggly I suggested that long time ago.. it's meh not even a single respond from dev's

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

Or, you could just use the bull book and equip all survivors with chainsaws.

From my understanding, noise only draws zombies which are ALREADY on the map toward you. It has no effect on rushes.

Snuggly I suggested that long time ago.. it's meh not even a single respond from dev's

They're busy....eating roasted quail and gold covered pears, I want more stuff Chris!!!!!!! jk, I know you all are actually busy. ;)

viper2203

viper2203
  • 116 posts

this has been suggested 2 or three times in the last 2 weeks. i know the search button sucks, but its good enough to tell you what's come up in the last week.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Something like this would just be used as a way to get large amounts of XP very quickly meaning players "rush" through the game without really playing it.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Just had another idea while typing this. "Harder Core", Hardcore 2.0 book basically. It would add the above effect to the existing "Hardcore" book.

As always, thanks for all of your tediously hard work CAG.

Why not equip a Hardcore book with a They live again? 

You may dread a zombie rush :)

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

From my understanding, noise only draws zombies which are ALREADY on the map toward you. It has no effect on rushes.

Based on personal experience from running 2-man teams, one with melee and a silenced SCAR and one with melee and a "noisy" SCAR, the team with "noisy" SCAR more often than not was seeing a significant increase in zombies over the team with with the quiet weapons.

My gut says that noise works for zombie spawns like shiny/looter works for quality items -- it only increases the chance of the "desired" result.   The rate of zombie spawn on missions is not fixed, there's definitely a randomness to it.  Sometimes you'll get a steady trickle of zombies, others' you'll go whole minutes without seeing one.   Usually (but not always) when I'm getting a lot of zombies on missions it's when I have noisy weapons equipped.  Likewise when I'm not seeing any zombies it's usually (but not always) when I have quiet weapons equipped.

Zombie rushes (in my experience) seem to follow similar behavior.   In otherwords, noisy weapons only increase the chance of zombie rushes, but do not guarantee them.

---

Side note:  Personally I'd never use chainsaws (even if I hadn't out leveled them by now).  Unique and rare versions aside, they're noisy AND slow, a bad combination in my honest opinion.   You can be slow, or you can be noisy, you can't be both, at least that's how I see it.

Edited by Zingman, 25 May 2014 - 11:43 PM.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

Didn't someone just suggested something similar last week? I'll use my same response from that thread.

In my opinion, rushes are designed to be completely random. Nothing made by player's choice will trigger this event. There has been rumors about noises affecting rushes a long time ago, but I can certainly tell that it is not true because I uses suppressed weapon very often.

Either way, you have to count on your luck (Good or bad, however you want to call it) to trigger infected rush. I don't mind having not able to control how rushes work, but I don't know it is worth wasting a book slot for this. I think I'll continue dumping 'Boost Your Experience' into the trade channel or use it on my own from time to time by then.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

Something like this would just be used as a way to get large amounts of XP very quickly meaning players "rush" through the game without really playing it.

Didn't someone just suggested something similar last week? I'll use my same response from that thread.

Im not talking about having a constant rush in the missions, just an increased chance for them to happen. Sometimes I have zero rushes in a mission. The book's increase would likely not be 50% or something massive like that, but 10-20 maybe. If we're worried about XP abuse, we can even add a small reduction to XP as well.

Why not equip a Hardcore book with a They live again? 

You may dread a zombie rush :)

I do that....and yeah, I would dread them then. :D

Based on personal experience from running 2-man teams, one with melee and a silenced SCAR and one with melee and a "noisy" SCAR, the team with "noisy" SCAR more often than not was seeing a significant increase in zombies over the team with with the quiet weapons.

My gut says that noise works for zombie spawns like shiny/looter works for quality items -- it only increases the chance of the "desired" result.   The rate of zombie spawn on missions is not fixed, there's definitely a randomness to it.  Sometimes you'll get a steady trickle of zombies, others' you'll go whole minutes without seeing one.   Usually (but not always) when I'm getting a lot of zombies on missions it's when I have noisy weapons equipped.  Likewise when I'm not seeing any zombies it's usually (but not always) when I have quiet weapons equipped.

Zombie rushes (in my experience) seem to follow similar behavior.   In otherwords, noisy weapons only increase the chance of zombie rushes, but do not guarantee them.

---

Side note:  Personally I'd never use chainsaws (even if I hadn't out leveled them by now).  Unique and rare versions aside, they're noisy AND slow, a bad combination in my honest opinion.   You can be slow, or you can be noisy, you can't be both, at least that's how I see it.

The reason you see more zombies with noisy weapons is likely because the ones on the map will be drawn to you and you will take them out quicker which will trigger the next wave sooner. When using suppressed weapons, you will likely not draw all of the zombies on the map to your location which would increase the time between spawns and, sometimes, in my experience, stop them from being triggered at all until the other zombies are mopped up.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

The reason you see more zombies with noisy weapons is likely because the ones on the map will be drawn to you and you will take them out quicker which will trigger the next wave sooner. When using suppressed weapons, you will likely not draw all of the zombies on the map to your location which would increase the time between spawns and, sometimes, in my experience, stop them from being triggered at all until the other zombies are mopped up.

I would agree with you if I wasn't observing the behavior I mentioned in small zones like security buildings, where you can keep all the spawn points within your line of sight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: books, rushes, pve